[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726533076604.jpg (58 KB, 1024x1024)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
How the fuck do I stop cats from coming into my yard, I have tall walls all around. I first tried spraying them with cold water, then the sound repellents. I shot 2 already but more keep coming.
>>
>>4878829
>I shot 2
Why the fuck
>>
>>4878829
get a dog
>>
>>4878835
Bc they kept coming back
>>4878837
I dont have the time and money for a dog currently, maybe in the future. What dog would be the best tho?
>>
>>4878829
What did you shoot them with? They really shouldn't come back depending
>>
>>4878829
I have cats that keep coming near my house but they are chill and go away from me so idc lol.
>>
>>4878938
>However you yourself need to realize that you can't use your yard
You can't just give away trade secrets like that man. Delete and edit your post so that OP can learn for himself.
>>
>>4878829
Start shooting to injure, not to kill.
>>
>>4878829
Coyote rollers and a husky. They love chasing cats.
>>
Coyote rollers are a good one but expensive. Dog sounds like it's already not an option. Motion sensor sounds and lights will only work for so long before they get used to them. You can try sprinklers but that will probably be even more expensive to set up that coyote rollers, and if you made them motion activated it would be very difficult to set up and also be a pain in the ass for you. There's a lot of plants that cats dislike but that will only help keep cats out of said plants.

You could keep bringing them to the Pound but if neighbors catch on that might make your life hell, but hopefully it would teach people to keep cats off your property. I'd say shoot to kill, maybe poison for times you aren't around. Hopefully people will get the message after their 5th fluffy never returns. I'd say talk to your neighbors but there's slim to 0 chance they'd be willing to keep their cat on their property, and now they know who's likely killing all the Fluffys.
>>
>>4878979
>I'd say shoot to kill, maybe poison for times you aren't around
ah yes animal abuse, just what /an/ is for
>>
>>4878829
live trap and dump them at the shelter
>>
>>4878917
>>4878979
For every cat I kill two more take its place, I have no fucking idea where they keep coming from
>maybe poison
I dont want to hurt the wildlife in my yard, just rid of the cats
>>
File: 1722881219039080.jpg (30 KB, 610x357)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>4879062
>you must allow other people animals to habitate on your property for free and shit everywhere
>uh just because
>>
>>4878829
hire some haiitian cooks!
>>
>>4878829
holy dogredditor falseflag
>>4878979
hi dogredditor
>>4878965
>>4878967
possibly dogredditor
>>
>>4878829
if you kill more cats god will send more cats and more hell upon your life. seek jesus christ and absolve yourself of your sins, you are possessed by a devil and your soul is probably forfeit at this point. people like you who somehow place dogs on a pedestal above cats must have a learning disability or something to be this blind of how concepts of natural order works. on the pyramid, cats are above dogs, no matter how much you want to piss and shit yourself about this fact, it is true. from a religious point of view, the only people who value dogs this much are jews.
>>
>>4880570
im on your side but
>jews value dogs
and
>cats over dogs
have been debunked. you should instead call OP out for being a flameposting faggot
>>
>>4880572
>debooonked
you are wrong. these have been established facts for thousands of years.
>>
>>4880572 (me)
>inb4 source
>>jews value dogs
https://desuarchive.org/an/thread/4813786/
>>cats over dogs
no source needed, theyre on the same level spiritually which is all that matters
>>
File: jews love cats.png (112 KB, 1314x404)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>4880574
deboonked by the man himself, dogredditor
>>
>>4880575
What you linked is quite literally the stupidest cope garbage from dog retards
>>
>>4879062
People who let their cats outside already don't care what happens to them. Anon is simply being practical about OP's situation.
>>
>>4880577
nevermind then
thanks for deboonking the deboonk
you confirmed that dogredditor is retarded, even when he appears to be right
thank you so much
>>
>>4880578
c-could it be?????? is dogredditor present in the thread.... RIGHT NOW??????
>>
So many retarded bait threads lately and people keep biting...
>>
>>4878843
If you're just going to stick it in the yard and ignore it, get a pitbull. It'll control stray toddlers too.
>>
>>4879072
Be careful because some shelters will turn you away, or put you on a do not adopt list if you do this a lot. They just don't want to keep euthanizing

>>4878843
>They keep coming back
Yeah that's why TNR doesn't work. People will keep dumping animals so it's a constant struggle. It will never be a one and done deal.
>>
Coyote rollers, definitely. Water sprays do not work. Cats can't really learn effectively. Half the neurons of a chihuahua and all that. Live trapping is also pointless because cats are unironically difficult to care for and people will continue abandoning them because its easier.

Also lmao @ paleoschizo-schizo inventing new and interesting schizos. Remember when schizo-schizo raided /dog/ for 3 threads in a row arguing with himself about jews and bestiality? kek. Always the same shit with him. Jews, cats, dogs, bestiality, repeat.
>>
>>4880785
dont forget veganism and paleoart
>>
>>4878829
coyote roller
next!
>>
>>4878829
Get huskies. Excellent cat chasers. The natural fear and terror of being pursued by an apex predator creates pheromone signals that teach new cats to stay away and old cats to never return. After getting huskies i went from seeing a new cat every day to seeing less than 4 a year
>>
>>4878835
Invasive species like cats likely killed the North American velociraptor before we even had the opportunity to study them
>>
>>4880564
This. Don't know why people are actually responding to this troll thread.
>>
>>4880833
Dog website catredditor. Go back!
>>
File: 1726086735257924.jpg (49 KB, 480x360)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>4878829
>I shot 2 already but more keep coming.
Keeping shooting, you're helping the local ecosystem regardless.
>>4878843
>What dog would be the best tho?
Quiet a few of the Bull & Terrier descended breeds are perfect for this role. The large Dogo Argentino would absolutely eviscerate a trespassing cat and enjoys doing it. Even the small and less intimidating Staffordshire Bull Terrier is fully capable of killing a cat.
>>
Bait thread but anyone who actually has this problem can just research different types of aromatic herbs and flowers that cats/dogs hate and plant them around your property.
>>
>>4882634
This is a serious discussion on pest control. More people should know that killing wandering cats regardless of if they are feral or someone's pet isn't illegal and is very beneficial for local wildlife particularly birds. Keep your invasive cats indoors if you don't want them to end up in my garbage.
>>
>4882638
Pets are legally property, and there are 97 invasive bird species in North America alone.
>cats are useless at controlling rodents
>but every day cats are mercilessly holocausting 6 million birds (which can fly)
This is what dogredditor actually believes. Not giving you a (You) btw.
>>
>>4882643
>The Invasive Species Council has estimated that each year domestic and feral cats in Australia kill 1,067 million mammals, 399 million birds, 609 million reptiles, 93 million frogs, and 1.8 billion invertebrates.[4] As one of the most ecologically damaging and the most costly invasive species in Australia, predation by both domestic and feral cats has played a role in the extinction of many of Australia's indigenous animals. For instance, cats are found to have significantly contributed to the extinction of at least 22 endemic Australian mammals since the arrival of Europeans.[5]
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_in_Australia
>>
>>4882643
>Pets are legally property
Doesn't matter you will never be prosecuted if they're not under control or power of their owners and wandering. In my state you have to stop and report if you hit a dog with your car while if you hit a cat you can just keep going. I run over cats just like I do cane toads, both terrible pests.
>>
>>4882643
>cats are useless at controlling rodents
>but every day cats are mercilessly holocausting 6 million birds (which can fly)
Yes, because rodents breed extremely fast, and cool rare songbirds do not.

Cats are incapable of slowing, halting, or reversing rodent population growth until both animals populate to a point of equilibrium with vermin levels of cats and a constant rat plague.

And who the fuck is "dogredditor"? Wouldn't cats be the more reddit animal, seeing as reddit is all about caturday, r/cats, and "chonkers" while 4chan abandoned dead memes like lolcats and rage comics ages ago and switched to borzoi, wolfposting, and toadlines?
>>
>>4882638
Actually yes, killing or intentionally poisoning domestic animals yourself is illegal.

But in most sane, first world areas, if your own domestic animal kills another on your property, it is not prosecutable because animals following their instincts is not a crime and you did everything you could to keep your animal away from others.

here's a fact of law:
If you buy a pet rabbit, grab it by the neck, and shake it until it dies, you have committed a criminal act of animal cruelty. Shoot it, drown it, give it the blue juice - all illegal.
But if your neighbor buys a pet rabbit, lets it out, and one day it burrows under your fence and gets murked by a cat or dog, no crime has been committed.

This same logic applies to larger predators, including other cats, attacking roaming cats *on their owners property*. There isn't even an exception for dogs. If a dog kills a trespassing dog, or a cat kills a trespassing dog (it's happened), or a rooster or a donkey or whatever kills your roaming pet, no one can be prosecuted, except for the "victim" for the crime of having an animal at large.
>>
>>4882679
*you have committed a criminal act of animal cruelty
Sorry, one exception to this specifically for rabbits
"UNLESS YOU HAVE HONESTLY DONE THIS FOR ITS MEAT OR PELT"

This exception does NOT exist for cats, dogs, or horses because they are progressively higher forms of life (culminating with horse)
>>
>>4879079
>I have no fucking idea where they keep coming from
from other cats. ferals are ready to reproduce at few months old and people cant stop feeding them because "lol cute"
>>
Coyotes keep the wild safe from cats where I live.

This in turn means coyotes that eat rabbits actualy keep more birds and rabbits and lizards alive than prey they kill.

Walls are actualy counterproductive to this since walls stop most coyotes, but not cats.
>>
>>4878829
Weak ass bait knowing 4chan is largely pro cat. Ill fuck you in the ass and make you humble if you said this in my presence.
>>
>>4882949
>4chan is pro cat
redditors please stop saying this we dont care anymore. nypa.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.