[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New anti-spam measures have been applied to all boards.

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for details.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: idiots.jpg (1.57 MB, 2560x1600)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>slow as fuck
>struggles to get up if they get on their back like the dumb fatties they are
>eat random pieces of plastic
>they still thrive
How do they do it????
>>
>has an impenetrable armor made up of a million sharp knives
>>
File: badgerchad.jpg (959 KB, 3508x2480)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
>>4896627
>impenetrable
lol, lmao even. Do Hogcels rlly???
>>
File: 1652483553563.webm (1.31 MB, 720x720)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB WEBM
>>4896619
>>
>>4896636
Please don't make fun of hedgehog funeral rites.
>>
>>4896636
why are they so silly and dumb???
>>
>>4896636
I had no idea they hatched like this.
>>
File: VXwqEh1.webm (1.02 MB, 730x730)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB WEBM
>słów as fuck
>>
OP they're literally fast???
>>
File: 1638157275513.jpg (77 KB, 640x640)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>4896648
Amy the Hedgehog
>>
>>4896619
ppl make actual gardens for them to survive. with carrots and all. they are generally liked for their sweet demeanor but roadkill by the same. tale old as winter
>>
>>4896619
I had one of these. I drive 250 miles to a breeder and paid $450 for one. I built a sawdust-filled playpen out of signboard for it. I bought special hedgehog food. I did the research.

But nobody ever told me these things can just...die. Like, randomly. I came down and found the thing dead. All that work and research and it still fuckin died.

Never again.
>>
>>4896619
They are NOT slow, Anon. Where did you get this notion?
>>
>>4896619
they're not slow at all, have you ever seen one? also they make lots of noise because they know most animals won't bother a ball of spines
>>
>>4896691
>>
>>4896619
our gardens were and are full of them. they procreate like crazy, if it weren't for the cars in the street, their main predator, we'd be walking knee-deep in hedgehogs.
>>
Dunno about other countries but in the UK hedgehogs definitely aren't thriving. Functionally extinct in many rural counties, due to a combination of heavy insecticide use, mechanised agriculture and no safe road crossings. Their numbers have fallen drastically over the last 30 years alone. Sad stuff.
>>
>>4896826
Land sea urchins
>>
>>4896923
That is sad. I don’t know if its bullshit or not, but I read once that Victorian Londoners sometimes kept them as pets and let them roam around the floors eating beetles as a form of pest control. Very charming, I assume the native ones there must be less cantankerous than the African ones they sell here in the US.
>>
File: 1729678032319794.webm (2.89 MB, 1280x720)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>4896776
>most animals won't bother a ball of spines
I think they relied a little bit too much on that defense, to the point that it made them straight up retarded
>>
>>4897299
The solution to all animal endangerment: domestication. Lift the ban on domesticating wild animals for hedgehogs and I will keep them in my house, care for them, and they will eat the larder beetles under my sink. We will live in perfect symbiosis.

>>4897300
>Be covered in spines
>Basically immune to threats
>Become dumb as a sack of bricks as a result
>Find a bear
>Bite it
>Try to sexually assault it
>Crushed to death by a bear butt
Hedgehog sitcom when?
>>
I leave all the backdoors open most of the year so critters come and go as they please. Had to childproof all the wiring because the hedgehogs went straight for it. Apparently the insulation is made from vegetables or something and they just go mad for it. I know a chick who had to the same issue with her pet rabbit.
I think they are nice little spikepigs and I'm glad to have them. They also help managing the Spanish slugs.
>>
>>4897397
Fellow backdoor leaver-opener. Where do you live? I was in California, back door stayed open 24/7. That's how I acquired my orange cat, affectionately named Retard. I'm sure he had a daytime house, but he'd come over and chill in our living room at night. Then he started sleeping in my bed with me, and at that point I knew it was over.

Retard brought me the biggest dead rat you've ever seen, and deposited it on the carpet for me to eat. I thanked him for his gift, but I made him take it back outside. Good ol' orange Retard, I miss that little idiot.
>>
>>4896705
did you remember to give it water?
>>
>>4896619
They're the good guys
>>
>>4897394
The first time was a mistake, and I get that, we all make mistakes and can move on. But after that he was more than asking for it. I don't enjoy videos of animals getting crushed to death, but COME ON! like literally, poking the bear?
>>
>>4897932
probably mistook it for some duvet layed out for freshening up in the garden. also weird of the house owners, to make their garden declare a cozy, safe sweet place, for games and hanging out, but why they keep a bear?
cant blame the hedgehob, an animal that has 9 inch radius to look up.
>>
>>4897932
When the big tuft of moss moved and looked at it with big forward facing eyes that should have been the sign that it was not good nesting material. Just no chill on this guy.

>>4897973
Plot twist it's the bear's house.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.