[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0065.jpg (37 KB, 417x420)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
So it is up to you as a reader to carry on the candle. Solana is the only chain whose performance directly scales with improvements to hardware and internet infrastructure. Every Eth conference is about “how do we scale?”. Every sol conference is about “what apps do we build to leverage the full potential of blockchain?” Because they’ve long moved on from the scalability question- That problem will fix itself as hardware gets better. It will also become increasingly decentralised as hardware gets better.
>>
>>58420283
>Because they’ve long moved on from the scalability question
no
they merely relinquished the debate altogether
if you can't run a local light node, there is no "scaling question" because you haven't even started self-validation
>>
>>58420313
You are implying that scalability only affects self validators. But it actually affects the whole network.
>>
>>58420454
no
I'm implying that if you can't run a non-block-producer light node, you don't really have a working blockchain
you have a distributed network, but it's not trustless
https://www.truthcoin.info/blog/measuring-decentralization/
>>
note that the article that Sztorc wrote talks about a FULL NODE
and I'm not even going there, I'm talking about a simple light-node
if you can't git clone a light node and spin it up to use apps locally, you have completely and utterly failed as a project, there's nothing to salvage
>>
>>58420283
SOLtrannies get off my board.
>>
>>58420461
Most people will easily have the capacity to be a full node in the near future
>>
>>58420313
>>58420461
This is 100% true. If I as a single person with a medium to high end PC can't run a node then it's not decentralized enough PERIOD. Also look at hum much money a solana node costs to run. No normie can afford to run a Solana node, it requires to much SOL
>>
>>58420283
I'm just going to lay this out there. Polkadot 2 will scale without it requiring future tech, while being fully decentralized... I'm not even sure why people keep pushing SOL... It literally had about 12 to 15 MAJOR outages while the devs keep insisting "This is the update that'll fix it" while it never fixed anything on top of the fact that every 5th transaction gets dropped and it's getting worse and worse and the only "use case" is Pajeet scam meme coins.
>>
>>58420670
Polka has no proof of history though so it’s not suitable for time sensitive applications.

And let’s not kid ourselves. Solana is the only blockchain in existence that would be capable of onboarding the bulk of our population without slowing down
>>
not to mention serious projects like render and others are all migrating from their shit-chains to Solana. they know something
>>
>>58420283
KDA > EGLD > SOL
the first two are actually scalable
SOL is not
thats fine
>>
>>58420520
>it requires to much SOL
I'm not talking about a block producer node
I'm talking about a light node that verifies the current block and propagates the chain
using a light node is the state of the art for interacting with apps in a secure manner, on local machine
you cannot get MITM attacked that way, which is the most common way to drain funds
you cannot be duped with a fake blockchain that way
you are effectively interacting with the chain in a trustless manner, no intermediaries

>>58420469
I'm talking about running a SOL light node TODAY
If I have a 1080ti and some good memory I should be able to spin up a light node
if not even a light node can be run locally, SOLANA has failed and has 0 value
>>
>>58420283
>That problem will fix itself as hardware gets better.

No wonder solana sucks, devs just dont care.
>>
>>58420670
is not that I dont like the idea Polkadot is trying to implement is.... the fucking name, I cant take it seriously with that name, Who came up with it?
>>
>>58420520
>If I as a single person with a medium to high end PC can't run a node then it's not decentralized enough PERIOD

>No normie can afford to run a Solana node, it requires to much SOL

so how to overcome this? you need to be rich to run nodes then. you need a good pc to opt in.
>>
>Shitlana thread
Damn so it's true that eth chads moved to /bant/
>>
>>58421936
that's the word that's been jumping around. all the good shit is moving there.
>>
>>58421918
I get that 1intro could be the biggest edition to solana, but solana's underlying problems are greater than what any project can add or fix on their own.
>>
>>58421934
read my post >>58421204
you don't need to become a block producer to validate a chain
if you can't self validate, it's not trustless, it's not useful
>>
>>58420283
Every time i tried to read shit like that, I just can't, too much shit, that's why I rather just gaming, just shoot the enemy and win, and thank god there's crypto in gaming rn, i can just game with peace knowing that holding $SUPER I'll earn money while just fucking gaming, fuck your decentralised hardware and internet infrastructure, focus on scaling your own wallet
>>
>>58421204
yes, it is currently a 'failed' chain by your metric. There is no need to buy in now so that when it finally does meet your standards, you wont have to buy in at 20 trillion mcap
>>
File: 1684821321192.jpg (79 KB, 700x393)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>58420283
I honestly think I prefer the bulls saying motivational phrases so I don't sell my shit, it saves me about 3 hours of searching for a funny coin in dextools
>>
>>58422324
>buy
this is a technical discussion
I know it's hard for cexboys to follow along a simple logical argument, but you'll have to put up with it, this is crypto after all
you should at least listen, these things do matter; solana isn't a "stock", a technical issue can and will send your "investment" to zero
>>
>>58420283
>buy my vc scam
No.
>>
>>58420313
what is the fastest L1 chain where you can still self validate?
>>
File: blockchaintrilemma.jpg (121 KB, 2808x1860)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>58420283
sure it scales, sure it's been secure (so far), but is it decentralized? Eh, hard to say yes when the devs can just say
>holup guys, we gotta pause the chain and change the rules lmao
That in itself is a very big risk
>>
>>58423193
celestia
>>
File: 1712297271194059.gif (863 KB, 326x326)
863 KB
863 KB GIF
>solana
don't care, only good for shitcoins, it'll die out like it always does and come back later again like it always does. betting on snnc for the long run and because i think bitcoin is king and runes will revitalize the shitcoin/nft economy again.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.