[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (178 KB, 1080x1080)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Does anyone on /biz/ know about how difficult it actually is to make it as an influencer, financially?

Like a short-form video content creator?

On youtube shorts or tiktok. how much money do you make? How difficult is it to build an audience?
>>
>>58421846

I've been thinking about starting a YT channel myself, but got crickets last time i asked biz about what to expect

suprisingly i think almost nobody here is a content creator
>>
>>58421902
4chan should have a board for content creation

making content on youtube, tiktok, making music, making movies, etc
>>
>>58421907

agree, especially given how content creation seems to eclipse every other way to make money online. i almost feel stupid for not having a monetized channel yet
>>
>>58421985
my honest belief is that its not as hard as people think to make it as an influencer. There *doesn't* exist a channel like MKBHD that doesn't have at least 100k subscribers

anyone who is making an effort to make videos on a regular schedule will get views and fans
>>
>>58421991

that's exactly right. it seems inevitable if you just post on a schedule and have the most basic editing skills. particularly on youtube-- the other channels seem to have a decidedly more normie slant.
>>
>>58421846
Everyone wants to be an influencer. Being successful is on par with becoming a famous actor or pro athlete. It’s not impossible, but it’s extremely unlikely.
>>
>>58422008

I cant speak for the other platforms, but it's much, much easier to make money off a small YT channel with a few thousand subscribers than it is to become a pro athlete.

you might not make life changing wealth or become mr beast, but the average person can reasonably aspire to getting 10-20k subscribers and making a few hundred a month on just about any topic worth creating content for, I feel
>>
>>58422008
>>58422016

from my cursory research it looks like if you have around 100,000 subs you can make around $1000 a month

https://www.youtube.com/@chefkenlee/shorts
this channel makes $700 a month. it's just reposted tiktok content

https://old.reddit.com/r/NewTubers/comments/13ug69j/amount_of_youtubers_who_actually_make_money_is/
>>
>>58421846
I think I'm gonna buy some prints on fiverr related to my niche then make a store using a print on demand service. I have almost 400k views so I'll just use these as impressions to sell merch I guess. Once you add your store to your YouTube account, your products will show up under your videos, or on your shorts, or at the end of videos which is nice
>>
>>58421846
Being an influencer now days, I would say it's the most profitable path career that you can choose, just pick wisely your partnerships, if you pay attention, even big corporations tries to apply the influencer effect on social media, being corny, funny, or cringe, look for example at truflation, helps you with market analytics and surf through inflation these days, and they're making memes about powell on twitter
>>
>>58422244
I don't want corporations making memes, i want them to fucking sell me unhinged shit
>>
>>58422244
fuck them, plain and simple
>>
>>58421902
yeah its hard to get threads like this going
>>
>>58421902
>>suprisingly i think almost nobody here is a content creator
that's not really surprising is it
>>
>>58422342
actual content creators dont need to come here they already know what they doing
>>
>>58422016
how times have changed man, the american dream is no more.
>>
>>58422016
or going to the other extreme you have onlyfans, those females making hella money doing almost nothing
>>
File: 1653967043557.png (85 KB, 300x300)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>58421991
there's thousands of videos catering to kids where there this dude who pours lots and lots of soda in a barrel then detonates it with mentos. 2 mil subscribers. 30 mil views. Its insaneeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>58423084
potential, as in?
>>
>>58422029
The has net me a solid 0 Dollars and 0 cents
>>
>>58422029
>>58423169
but why the hell would your views translate to bought products

you should just focus on increasing views. make more videos
>>
>>58423555
>why the hell would your views translate to bought products
Because I know my audience and have that would be over half a million impression for merch. People with stores dream of that kind of exposure. Also selling a couple mugs is more than 6 months of watch time for 90% of channels
>>
File: 1663325664575.png (287 KB, 660x603)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
>>58421846
>Influencer
I'd rather keep looking for shitcoins in dextools or go to the mountains, get away from society and beat my head to erase my memory than become an influencer
it's one of the most fucked up "jobs" out there, being constantly doxxed is not that fun in the long run
>>
File: IMG_6892.jpg (415 KB, 1124x862)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR80c4c8n0E&t=2s&ab_channel=azlef900

do you think im gonna make it bros?
>>
File: 1621379865.png (7 KB, 230x219)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>58421846
I did a short run as a crypto influencer, i have a hot sister so basically she just stood around me wearing mildly revealing clothes while i sold pinksale launches to ppl and they rlly bought the stuff, we split it 50/50 and i made my first 100k then. Sadly she realized she was attracting all the ppl so she went full on onlyfans and i lost all my viewers, it was good while it lasted i guess
>>
>>58423564
Why not invest in a low market cap token and film your experience in investing in it. It will look like you’re a crypto genius when in reality your exposure of the token will be the reason people invest in it. Then you sell prints/mugs related to that. It doesn’t even have to be a shill, it can be about the ups and downs of the crypto experience. The uncertainty of a token that drops 60% and lulls, the doubt, etc.
>>
>>58423564
have you ever played factorio anon?

you need a solid mining operation before you can focus on doing anything else. you need to focus on views.

any money you can make selling mugs really doesn't fucking matter until you have more views. it's just not serious
>>
>>58423092
to be fair, face aside, being hot is a fair bit of work
>>
File: 1612305891924519.png (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
You'd be struck by lightning once before your YT channel hits 300k subscribers and you'll get hit twice before you can actually make decent money off of it.

I was making tiktoks but I never got over 10k a vid so I gave up and replaced that hobby with trading. Now my hefty hbar & super bags are my source of dopamine (and grief). also vidya.
>>
>>58425550
Post your sister’s only fans
>>
>>58426529
Anon a video game isn't the real world and I already have an online store that profits more than 90% of all YouTube channels. This one would just be specific to my niche. You seem naive about how much channels profit and by life in general since you are referencing a video game for experience. No wonder you think it's so easy, every kid does who hasn't tried
>>
>>58427324
it's called an analogy retard
>>
>>58421846
>made a crypto channel after the crash
>almost two years later and I'm getting 50-70k views per video and it's growing (got my first two 100k videos last month)
Feels good man.
>>
i wanted to make a music review channel focusing on the classics and getting people acquainted with old music from 60s to 2000s but my editing skills are nonexistent, its a shame cause I have alot to say and people tend to think im hilarious
>>
>>58428144
>my editing skills are nonexistent
anon don't let such a silly thing prevent you from making videos

just watch some videos to learn editing lmao
>>
>>58428144
I'd be really interested in watching a channel like that
would definitely like to learn more about classical music and the major composers and what kind of work they made

would also be interested in learning more about 20th century jazz composers
>>
>>58427324
>online store
Any tips? I made another thread, but something like eBay seems to make more sense to me personally than content creation, I would rather run a store
>>
>think I have original ideas and Im capable of making high production value stuff
>buy a mic, write script, learn how to edit
>been trying to record for weeks
>delete it every time because my voice sucks
>really high pitched and nasally, basically sound like an autistic 13 year old
>also the mic is sensitive and im always dehydrated so there are tongue smacking noises in the audio
I give up
>>
>>58428345
you can learn anything on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jog-nfLldRI
>>
>>58428350
I was born with this voice unfortunately. A shit voice is still shit no matter how well you vocalize
>>
>>58428382
strong disagree
I think everyone can find their voice
>>
>>58428389
I havent been able to get a good recording of the first 30 seconds yet. If I had the money to justify it id pay a narrator from fiverr to pretend to be me since Id prefer to be anonymous anyway
>>
>>58428423
You would never make it anyway
You’re an obvious loser
You were right to give up
>>
File: 1697162801969333.jpg (19 KB, 248x249)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>58428345
>>58428382
post vocaroo
Unless I hear it I just think you're being insecure about yourself. You are your own biggest critic, probably paying attention to things no one but you picks up on.

If it's really bad there's AI voice changers these days. Be a fucking vtuber faggot if that's what it takes. Or a drawn avatar like the furfags that talk politics.
>>
File: 1700027639405407.jpg (6 KB, 241x249)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
this thread convinced me to take the plunge. writing my first video script today and then will muck about editing it over the weekend

thanks biz
>>
>>58429716
what r u planning on making content abt anon
>>
>>58429375
>>58429672
fuck it ill just record the video anyway and if it gets no views then ill delete it. been spending too long trying to force some perfect recording session thats never gonna happen
>>
>>58421846
You are competing with millions of normies and hundreds of thousands of influencers who already made it years ago when there was no competition.
Today, you are not just competing competing with other youtubers, you are competing with EVERY form of media and slop taking people's attention today. Most web traffic is centralized in a couple of sites/apps like tiktok and it's only getting harder to gain traction as a complete beginner.
Your only realistic chance is buying a channel someone else already built up and leverage that history to grow. That's assuming you have genuinely good ideas that can go viral, or you will still fail.
>>
>>58423097
I need one of these channels or unlocking old safes or something
Something normie friendly
>>
The absolute state of this zoomer thread. Content creation is, most of the time, the exact opposite of that. 90% of "content creators" steal other people's content, whether it be videos, memes, or just blocks of text pretending to be a life coach or similar. The best way to get started is just to steal shit from Twitter and post in on LinkedIn. Congrats, you're a content creator.
>>
>>58421846
It's very hard anon. The competition is fierce. If you can find a niche, or have an incredible ass it's easier.
You have to use every channel to increase your chances, even your website, blog or whatever comes to your mind.
You also need to invest some money into it with ads, sponsored posts etc. And in the end, you'll become I don't know what. Is it worth it?
>>
>>58430890
Kinda agree. I'd stick to running a faceless channel, short videos, blogs, websites etc. Would focus on monetizing through Google ads, and revenue from YT
>>
I’m a decently successful content creator (3m+ subs / 1b views across channels) Feel free to ask me anything about the process
>>
>>58431724
what was the process of growth from starting to where you are now like?
>>
File: 1633446223.png (85 KB, 306x306)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>58426524
i actually did this, i currently have 20k followers on instagram just making reaction and prediction videos on when orbs and other p2e games are launching, its fun and people really buy into the stuff if you're above 7 and can speak with confidence
>>
>>58431724
what is your niche anon?
would you be comfortable posting your channel here?

what platform did you use, or are you on every platform?

how much do you make?

how "serious" were you when you started? did have a pretty conrete plan for the channel in terms of how to make content, how often you would post, how long you would do it, etc?
>>
>>58431724
Larp
>>
File: IMG_5647.png (204 KB, 1284x2778)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>58432589
Here’s one of my channels view analytics for this month
>>
>>58432585
Gaming. Imo its one of the best niches to create content around because there will ALWAYS be new material to cover. You simple won’t run out of video ideas. I just use YouTube. It took about 4 years to get here but I make $80k - $250k per month depending on the ad rev rates. I originally was a game dev and started making videos on the side (since game dev was going to slow) until YT started taking off and I was able to do it full time. I was also really into video editing so my plan from the start was to just make better videos than the competition in general
>>
>>58432641
Sorry for the mobile typos
>>
>>58432641
>$80k - $250k per month
woah...
holy fuck I have to get into this
i'm going to make a game
>>
>>58432652
Do it. I always had the attitude that there were “already too many other creators” but all that did was stop me from starting even earlier. Wish i started in highschool desu. Look at channels on trending and you’ll see a lot of them were created in the last 5 years. Seeing just how new a lot of popular channels were is what motivated me to quit dreaming and start doing. If a successful channel was started 2 years ago but you remember already thinking about starting 2 years ago, that could have been you
>>
>>58432660
do you think youtube is the best?
what about tiktok and X, or streaming? is it worth focusing on those at all, or not really?
>>
>>58432677
I never tried those so I’m biased towards YT. Try everything you’re truly interested in. If its multiple platforms and one of them starts to perform well put all focus into it. YT feels the most stable to me since I’ve seen creators start & retire rich for years. TikTok is too weird with the ban etc. YT shorts seem like the alternative if you wanted to do TikTok
>>
>>58432687
how important do you think video and audio quality are? is it dumb to get a camera and mic before getting an audience??

any advice on generally structuring videos? Ali Abdaal made a video on how he makes videos that I thought was interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZqCZ_KT-70
>>
>>58432688
Depends on your audience and how seriously you want to be taken. I do think bad mic quality is a turn off for a lot of viewers. If your goal is an adult audience and you want to be taken seriously then bad mic quality can hurt that image a little. If you just want to be silly then bad mic quality can add to the humor in a way. My first 300 or so videos had awful mic quality but I didnt even know it until I got a new mic and did a lot of research on audio enhancers etc. Elgato Wave 3 is my recommendation if you plan to go in for the long run since they are constantly pushing software updates and it has a lot of great plugins to make your voice perfect. I actually cant stand watching my old videos because of the bad mic quality but I still hit trending with them a fair amount so I guess it did not truly matter. To us its a reflection of our work but to the viewers it’s just a video and if they like the content they will keep watching. As for structuring it depends on the topic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.