[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3285.jpg (186 KB, 1038x573)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
How much would a free energy device be worth if an inventor brought it to market without being suicided?

Would it radically change our economy?
>>
>>58430566
the value of a free energy device would probably be the same value as like a fan. The fan is just the machine that moves the air that's already there.

So basically you just pay for the cost plus some margin to build the machine and place it where you need it. I am assuming this is a world with free energy production but not free energy transmission long distances.

So basically the grid is dead and people generate power like people generate water from wells in rural areas. So yea depends on how the device is built if it uses rare minerals and etc but given current costs for power this device has a cap on how much it can costs before it stops making sense.

I am estimating for a residence that this device would cost probably 10-15 years worth of current electricity cost and be compared to solar panels.

So in summary something like $15,000-$20,000 for a free energy machine to power an average home is sensible
>>
>>58430590
If sufficiently inexpensive, humanity becomes disaster-proof almost overnight. Which is cool.
>>
Guy created a vehicle that was fuelled by water a few decades back, but they stole the blueprints and had him disappeared
>>
>>58430566
What’s crazy is how everyone could be getting 400 miles to the gallon (based on carburetor and girl injection patents) or just run on cars on water and normies keep chugging
>>
>>58430566
>>58430566
>How much would a free energy device be worth if an inventor brought it to market without being suicided?

I've thought about that.
Assuming that anyone could avoid dying with proper security measures, I wouldn't care about this aspect. Just don't travel to Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Russia, Nigeria, Venezuela, etc.
As for the business model: your company makes this electricity generator and holds undisputable intellectual property over it. You take care of industrial secrets properly and centralizes production in a few facilites. You secure funding for your expanding production without compromising your control over the company. Vertical integration for the production of your generator is also a must, so your supplies can't sell to China.
Assuming that your hold over the technology is tight, your best model is to sell energy directly to transmission companies and charge 1¢ for the kw/h. The whole world consumed around 600 000 000 terajoules of energy in 2021, which is 166 666 666 666 666.7 kw/h. That is $ 1,66 trillion for 1¢ per kw/h. The actual revenues for the first 10 years would be much less than that, as total electrification is likely impossible and there are several countries which subsidize electricity to a lower price or just wouldn't allow for a foreign entity to generate all their electricity.
You install and run these generators and sell the electricity to the utilities companies and they charge whatever they want for it. You might want to invest heavily in electrical equipment for eletrification of places like India and Africa and battery technology.
It would radically change the world economy, yes. It's basically abundant energy. You'd become the most hated person in the world, too.

You could also license it another company and charge half a cent per kw/h generated from your generators, but that's inviting backstabbing.
>>
>>58430732

See nuclear energy. One country made it, everyone else copied it or stole it.

Same thing will happen to any new energy source. All we need is just a confirmation that it can be done. Today with the Internet, knowledge and technology is copied very fast, gets stolen faster.
>>
>>58430712
how could it ever work - youd need more energy to extract hydrogen etc from the water than youd ever get out of it - same with gravitational devices like a hydrodam unless you already have gravity doing the work for you by living on a river etc. There is no free lunch here.
>>
>>58430712
no its because his car was just inefficient junk, where the electricity for hydrolysis might aswell power the motor in the first place
>>
>>58430712
Exactly and everyone has known this shit for decades
The amount of people who have improved energy consumption and disappeared before their inventions could be monetized and sold to the public is crazy. The news has done countless reports on these things. Tesla was literally able to draw energy from the air 100 years ago
>>
File: 1679360612001598.jpg (27 KB, 243x207)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
yes, if factible and scalable, this would throw current economy model to the gutter, and sites like truflation would have to start from scratch, at least that's my take on it. I mean free energy? All the planet business models would implode. Kinda like if there was evidence (hard undeniable evidence) that aliens exist. Church would implode.
>>
>>58431006
is the big pharma version of energy. As long as they can make money from it they will crush any competition.
>>
>>58431006
the only reason Elon was able to push Tesla into the market it's only cuz he has the money to shield himself from being suicided.
>>
Imagine if we could reach Civilization lvl 1, or even 2 in the next 800 years, that's If we ever make it that far.
>>
>>58431277
earth doesn have the resources to actually be able to implement this shit, we would need to be able to mine extra planetary resources, yet alone, try to get along between ourselves, that would need super earth (like helldivers) level of cooperation and that is just plain impossible in the real world. Humanity need to evolve socially to be able to advance as a whole.
>>
>>58431283
I get where you are aiming at, stupid desert monkeys blowing themselves in the name of imaginary bearded dudes.

We are a stupid species.
>>
>>58431286
We put money in a frog coin and a doge coin whatd ya expect?
>>
>>58430732
"Brownshoes" by Theodore Sturgeon examined how to not be hated. Tl;dr: hippie invents perpetual motion machine, gets a haircut, builds corporate empire, then leaks the plans.

https://t9productions.com/stories/brown_shoes_by_theodore_sturgeon/
>>
>>58430566
Something like this could mean the absolute collapse of economy as we know, and I'm actually in for it all kek, if I can get truf to actually make me some good cash, I'd even consider financing the retard that wants to come up with this
>>
quantum physics is already free energy and perpetual motion
>>
>>58430864
it's not that simple at all.
the history of nuclear power generation is full of technology transfers, treaties between countries, espionage, and so on. it was never just "ez i'll just copy that loser lmao".
I'd assume that, if you show them a proof of concept, countries would jump on the technology right away, but enough complexity and enough secrecy can give you even decades ahead in the game. When your patents expire in 20/25 years, you'd be out of protection anyway, but you can crowd out competition by just lowering prices to marginal profit level after having expanded and by producing residential generators.

I'm a assuming an extremely complex system preceded by several theoretical and technical breakthroughs in physics and materials science. if you're a garage tinkerer, you're better off just selling your invention to the highest bidder.
>>
>>58431264
The economy and churches wouldnt implode from free energy and aliens. They would just evolve like they have countless times.
People use these doomsday predictions as reasons why we should keep each other in the dark but it’s always proven as bullshit
>>58431405
Based way to subvert the system
>>
>>58430712
I hate Jews so much, they have stolen such a magical futuristic society from us. Because of them we are not colonizing other planets as was predicted would be the case in the 2020s back in the optimism of the 50s
>>
>>58432046

Because someone saw that much like nuclear weapons free-unlimited energy would also be used by malevolent agents to destroy on scales never before seen.
>>
>>58432513
>bullshit fear tactics designed to keep people poor
>>
>>58430566
the fact that humanity has had this tech since before the 60’s is shameful. why are humans so horrible to each other?
>>
>>58433363
Greed
>>
I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm going to interpret your question in a particular way. I assume you mean a relatively low cost way of creating abundant energy with little to no expenditure of resources when you say "free energy". Depending on how you went about doing things you might be suicided or you might not, but someone would inevitably try.

A large part of the reaction depends upon whether you are initially perceived as just another alternative energy company that can be hamstrung with propaganda, regulation, and the various other means that hamstring energy sources like wind, solar, tidal, thermal, etc. Another component is whether or not the hydrocarbon people get into it with the nuclear people who seem to have suddenly gotten a second wind.

Also if you are not dealing with a fuel source then you are tied to the energy grid(s), battery storage, and the like. There is room for fossil fuels to maneuver around your possible market dominance and hem you in with regulatory bullshit like they've done with all other forms of alternative energy for which the creator wasn't suicided.

tl;dr: Do they think that they can stave off your takeover without engineering your suicide and which factions think they can use you against which others?
>>
It will be wasted on crypto miners. This is already happening in places with cheap hydro and solar.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.