[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File deleted.
So I just scored. BIG. House in a small town in east Texas. I can buy it for VERY cheap. It will need to be gutted and everything will need to be renewed from top to bottom. How much can I expect to pay for this? $100,000? $150,000? What kind of loan should I get for this purpose? Wht programs are available to help me? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>58695279
House is definitely haunted as fuck
>>
>>58695279
>small town in east Texas
>I just scored. BIG.
Pick one and only one. Don't say you're commuting to Dallas or Houston because that is a trash scenario. East of that is like, what, a prison, a highway to Louisiana, and uh.. a park? lmao.
>>
>>58695296
Well its a friend of my Mom's house. Been sitting for 15 years maybe. Lights still work so they are paying the electric bill. Car still in the garage. Its weird. They are packrats so the house is full of items EVERYWHERE. The ceiling in the living room is caved in but it has 4 walls and a roof so Im 82% there.
>>
>>58695306
I travel for work and I am in the same town. I just need to know where to start. I have the money for the house, just would need a loan for the complete remodel/renew.
>>
>>58695319
If you're not close to any major metropolitan area, I have no idea why you would've bought something that needed so much work, you'll never find a contractor that doesn't hire wetbacks that do shitty work. How much could property that wasn't a tear-down have possiblly been in a small town in east Texas?
>>
>>58695313
Are you talking about Asmongold's house kek.
>>
>>58695313
>The ceiling in the living room is caved in
Teardown. Don't waste your time, it'd be easier to start from raw land
>>
>>58695349
Id definitely get it looked at. I am not sure a tear down would be necessary but I dont know for sure.
>>
Easy like Beaumont or East like Vidor? One is all Mexicans, the other is all white KKK members.
>>
>>58695381
Palestine.
>>
>>58695313
>>58695359
Is it a single story house?
When I read "ceiling caved in" I'm thinking water damage and mold is a bitch. Be careful.
>>
>>58695402
Its single story, brick outside. I dont know why the ceiling caved in. The roof is still on so I dont think water did it. Who knows. I may go up later and take some pics of it.
>>
>>58695411
I assume water because nothing else should be in the attic/ceiling space unless they're hoarding things up there too.
Water can seep in through tears in the roofing membrane and then drip down on the plaster or gypsum ceiling.
>>
>>58695426
Good point. I did think of a tear down but a guy at work (I work for electrical/industrial co.) said if you have 4 walls and a roof Im 90% there. So I definitely wanna check it out. What can I look for on the ground to see if it was water from rain? Wetness obviously. Mold?
>>
Do you think Taytay bites AOC's dark latina nipples or sucks them gently?
>>
>>58695279
>>58695359
>So I just scored. BIG.
you have no idea yet if the house is worth the price retard.
>How much can I expect to pay for this?
how the fuck can anybody know dummy? you need to hire a licensed home inspector and eventually a specialized inspector if needed. you need to know exactly what needs to be done. then you contact several licensed contractors for each kind of repairs and ask for quotes for each item. you make sure you have the permits and rights to do those repair. only then you start to budget and negociate the price with her. you also need to know the local property market and what to do with that house. if you want to rent, who are the kind of people living there and does it make sense as an investment (maybe not).
>>
if you already know that it needs to be gutted and rebuilt you can directly check with experienced contractors and ask for quotes for demolition and removal of debris, asbestos, and rebuild costs for different types of homes. check recent sales of new homes in the area so you should know how much it will be worth after rebuilding. check the land value to see how much it's worth. check zoning laws to see if what you plan to build is allowed. hire experienced professionals who can help you. only after some kind of market analysis you'll know if it makes sense to buy this home. buying a home just because it's cheap is not necessarily a good idea.
>>
The only way this gets better is if OP is Black, and hasn't realized he's about to buy a house in a sundown town.
Heck, Jordan Peele ought to make a flick on that very premise.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.