[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 17124918412414.png (340 KB, 1326x1632)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
This hedge fund job posting for a cryptocurrency just went up. Hedgies are expanding
>>
>>58695285
HF have been in since futures, it isn't new, it's even in the investment banks.
>>
Why isnt ability to predict the future a necessary skill? and mind reading? fucking hedge fund niggers are blowing up the economy
>>
might as well ask for tarot and astrology experts
>>
>>58695317
Because this job is to be a button pusher in the cayman islands. It isn't really making the investment decision. It's merely executing trades.
>>
>>58695285
I couldn't imagine anyone who knows how to trade subjecting themselves to that shit. The people that apply for those jobs must be awful or desperate.
>>
>>58695285
i always wonder where they find people to even remotely fit their minimum criteria
if you got all that then you either are good at trading yourself and dont need the job or you absolutely suck at it and they shouldnt hire you

with old tradfi there was at least the barriers to entry on a lot of markets but with the total free market of crypto how do these firms find and even more problematic retain any talent
>>
>>58696195
It's a club mainly entered through pedigree/network
>>
>>58696195
Because you are risking other peoples money and not your own.
>>
>>58696246
again you are good at it and leave for your own or you suck and they shouldnt have hired you in the first place
still doesnt say how they find and retain competent people
>>
>>58696384
seems to me they usually pluck them straight out of McUniversity when they are gullible and malleable. Its kinda like pedo groomers, only for financial institutions

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.