[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hbs.jpg (100 KB, 1200x351)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Any MBA / grad school fags here? I could use some advice.

I work as an engineer in product marketing at a small tech company. Lately, I've been slacking off, focusing more on my MBA application essays and GMAT studies than my actual job. My primary responsibilities include prototype building and presenting to potential clients.

Now, let's talk about my manager, a retarded happy go lucky faggot. This 36-year-old boomer, let's call him "Todd," is fucking clueless when it comes to business, engineering, or marketing. His only qualification is a communications degree from a local community college, which, frankly, doesn't hold much weight. "Todd" is the epitome of a try-hard, peppering his emails with cringe-worthy jargon like "LOL," "touch base," "YAY," and "synergies," along with an abundance of obnoxious emojis. He's the kind of guy who gets his kicks from enforcing rules, yet conveniently overlooks them when it suits him. Slightly obese, mildly balding, and with a Filipino wife, he lacks any real cognitive abilities necessary to write something meaningful. If I write it for him he'll say "that's against the rules" . This is the kind of unambitious guy who leaves at 4 every day because he never could afford a house in the vicinity.

The real issue here is that I need a letter of recommendation from this incompetent manager for my MBA application. Our interactions are limited to brief monthly chats, lasting a mere 10-20 minutes. The only reason he still draws a salary is because of the company's no-layoff policy. While his peers have climbed the corporate ladder, he remains stuck in his cubicle, lacking the respect and status that his more talented contemporaries enjoy.

How can I work around this requirement can i get someone who actually can write with competence, to pretend to be my manager?
>>
>>58695287
Say you've written it for him to save him time but he can adjust it or write his own version as he sees fit. I've done this before and the guy just went with what I gave him. I don't see any reason not to try. If he gives you a shit letter you can consider other options.
>>
>>58695332
Unironically this - write your own best description of yourself because your manager sure as hell isn't gonna give two fucks about you.
>>
>>58695287
Man business school was boring. Being in a class of MBA try hards was awful. Do yourself a favor OP and do anything else.
>>
>>58695287
youre not getting into harvard mba program if you arent already a manager. dont even waste your time

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.