[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG-20240611-WA0003.jpg (160 KB, 1280x960)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Is it a worthy field nowdays?

I currently work selling in sensora to monitor BigWater, but I went to sales and its pretty demanding.

I still do heaps of research and analyze big datasets for tactical moves.

I also make a meager salary, company revenue is at all time lows and might go under. Might transition to retail or something. Any experienced anons out there?
>>
>>58698121
Idk really, it was shilled hard on youtube, many normies got in.
Was it just to sell useless courses?
>>
File: IMG-20240503-WA0054.jpg (164 KB, 1600x739)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>58698126
I've met some IRL folks doing it (for HR and actual science), they do heaps of programming which I like, and I do see lots of job offerings for Data Scientists in (((linkedin))).

Question is it worth it to earn more money? Aiming for 6 figures in the next 3 years.
>>
>>58698121
>Is it a worthy field nowdays?
No, every highschool dropout who can download Power BI is now a data analyst, despite not knowing shit about modelling

>I currently work selling in sensora to monitor BigWater, but I went to sales and its pretty demanding.
Stay there and make commission, there is no reward for performance in analysis. In fact, they shoot the messenger with the results are negative.

>I still do heaps of research and analyze big datasets for tactical moves.
No shit, everyone does this everywhere.

>I also make a meager salary, company revenue is at all time lows and might go under. Might transition to retail or something. Any experienced anons out there?
If you aren't making commission rn then do you're reps and then bail to SaaS where you can make $500k per year
>>
>>58698121
It's fine or whatever. I do it and make about 203k salary, usually with 3-5% increase per year. That's about as high as you can get in this position unless you switch to a more prestigious title. I am constantly envious of the executives and partners where I work that make 400k+ per year though.
>>
>>58698121
no
i went to a top school for statistics graduated a year ago
cant find a job because the market is so bad
people from big tech got laid off and are taking entry roles with 3-5 years of experience.
it hurts
>>
>>58698352
let's say that I'm a highschool dropout, what could I learn to get a good job?
>>
>>58698121
Fuck no...

It's sad that even biz is behind on what's coming.

AI is going to absolutely blow peopls minds really really soon. 2-3 years max 90% of non physical jobs will be easily replaced.

Data analytics will 100% be gone. Don't do it.

t. CPA who dabbles in Analytics
>>
Data Science is a meme degree between accounting and programming that sucks at both.
>>
>>58698411
Why would you try and learn when you've already failed at the most basic of learning? It's like a midget asking what martial art is best for him.

You need a job without thinking, like the army.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.