[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000000210.jpg (55 KB, 896x896)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
I don't want money, I just want you to recommend me careers or technical skills (like welding) that will give me work 100% even if a super crisis occurs, be very specific;

for example: bachelor's degree in aquaculture.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (129 KB, 1000x1000)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>58698685
Welding is right on the money, literally needed everywhere.
Programming (depends on what, but they look for fucking everything nowadays even with the AI shit, not reliant enough yet, so somewhat I'd say 80% not 100%)
Accounting (Boring as fuck, but they all make dosh, just know that your wife if you choose to have one will absolutely cheat on you.)
Security (Any field, not much knowledge on it from my end, but every corp, org and then on needs it.)
Military (Very obvious and you can't fail at this almost at all, nothing short of court martialing will make you lose that.)
>>
as long as youre fine with a weird schedule drive trucks
i wish i started driving when i was right out of school
>>
>>58698685
Something with a union
>>
>>58698857
That's getting automated out, as are most driving tasks
>>
>>58698912
lol
lmao even
>>
>>58698912
Since the other aviĆ³n didn't expand on his response i will address your stupidity.
Anon, what part of artificial Intelligence did you miss?
Ai is first solving problems that require just knowledge and simple application of intelligence.

The first to go are the people that just use their brains to use formulas and concepts, the more static the field where knowledge simply accumulates, like medicine or law, the simpler the job for the ai to replace it.
Currently ai does a better job than 95% of professional family doctors and lawyers.

The next in line are programming which requires a little bit more of ingenuity than the previous fields, and then, finally we get automated locomotion.

Any fields that require you to navigate and do manual labour, either by foot or vehicle, will be the last to be replaced due to the sheer complexity for ai to learn navigation, something innately learned through millions of years of evolution for us
>>
>>58698929
dont bother, retards will witness white collar make believe jobs being automated in front of their eyes and still somehow think blue colalr is going away because uhhh the car replaced the horse and cart or some retarded shit
>>
>>58698934
Unfortunately someone has to go in the shithole to weld that pipe, or to mine that rock, and it's not going to be machines anytime soon.
Machines can't wiggle their way into environments that require dexterity, they cannot prepare the right tools for the job and deliver them to the location, the amount of automation required to just create a machine that can walk, pick up a vehicle, show up somewhere, maybe off road, enter some cramped spot and weld an uncomfortably positioned pipe is impossibly hard, simply because AI native world is the world of logic, not that of physics, the building blocks for it are binary, our building blocks are physically arranged proteins that when read execute as if they were code,our very existence emergent from physics.
>>
>>58698946
yeah its funny how all the bullshit "make work" jobs are the ones being replaced like cashiers and programmers
anyone with an actual rational brain could have seen it coming
>>
>>58698685
Easy. CPA. You're literally a legal requirement to hire, and even if you get shitcanned you just go into private tax practice.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.