[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm receiving fake phishing emails concerning LINK, stay safe anons
>>
I got an email telling me that staking v0.3 just dropped and that I had to migrate my link over. I damn near fell for it but i checked biz first and say no threads about it.
>>
>>58698811
any idea how they managed to find out your email is from a link holder
>>
File: 05898934689.jpg (3.94 MB, 2117x2442)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB JPG
>>58698921
I followed the official Link account on Twitter, that's the only way I can think of. I've never received scam attempts from any other altcoin, plus I don't own any other altcoins. I'm 85% BTC/ETH and 15% Link, so somehow they know I do own Link.
I don't really care, just raising awareness that these things happen. I remember a Bittrex "remaining funds left" email that looked exactly like the official Bittrex email.
Always stay vigilant.
>>
>>58698939
twitter the gift that keeps on giving, good to know it was that since i always use an expendable account for shit like that
also always good advice to never follow any links in an email
>>
>>58698939
you obviously subscribed to Chainlink at some point, and Chainlink s newsletter addresses have obviously been leaked
>>
>>58698817
I got one saying the LINK pool was expanding to 75,000,000 link.
SORRY POOL IS CLOSED
>>
>>58698921
We all leave traces online. Some people know to find and read these traces. If scammers know how, imagine what gov agencies can do.
>>
>>58698921
Your youtube/twitter/linkedin account was interacting with something link related and they found one of those emails. Can't imagine it being anything else
>>
>>58698921
>>58698939
>>58698969
>>58698971
>>58699253
>>58699277
I don't use jewtube, twatter, or LinkedIn. So this leaves 1 of 2 possibilities:
1) my email was part of the ledger leak, so they sent these to every email which was leaked
2) chainlink labs got hacked, since I subscribed to their newsletter

I'm leaning towards option 2, since this is a very specific type of email and not everyone on that ledger list would even own chainlink.
>>
>>58698811
i got the same email except it was from web3 at chainlink-token dot com

comical.
>>
>>58698817
what was the sender's address? didn't you look? jesus i look at the sender's address on virtually everything
>>
>>58698811
Thanks for the tip, latinxanon
>>
I know linkies don't know how to use a blockchain.
But you're telling they don't know how to use the internet either?
>>
>>58699924
startin to think they be all baggie cuckold incels xD
>>
>>58699428
>chainlink labs got hacked
if it is that option more likely one of their toom any wages especially one that has been let go would have sold off the info for an extra severance package
data security is always a problem if your company gets big enough and there is some churn

it is as you say, if it came from the ledger leak too oddly specific to target you on link itself directly
>>
>>58700700
I'm not subscribed to chainlink and my email was compromised in the ledger hack and I never got this email
>>
>>58698921
it's probably saved in the staking spreadsheet

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.