[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: govtjew.jpg (63 KB, 906x427)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>Be Blackrock, Vanguard, etc.
>Buy BTC OTC, so that it may NEVER, EVER affect the price in ANY way
>Be US, German government
>Send everything to exchanges to market dump
>>
>>58699756
If you believe in microeconomics, even OTC affects price by supply and demand.
>>
>>58699756
in the end it doesnt matter. otc desks will just put buy orders in those exchanges if needed
>>
There's no way massive funds worth billions don't affect the price of BTC even if they don't buy it directly from exchanges
>>
>>58699851
exchanges can just print extra BTC
>>
>>58699756
Don't worry, like everyone in the economy, governments are perfectly rational actors who are efficiently allocating scarce resources.
>>
>>58699899
This, till everyone starts moving their coins to storage we don't know how much fake BTC is being held.
>>
>>58699899
>>58700088
Based. Only on /biz/ is this idea ever addressed. everyone else just goes along and pretends all the checks and balances are completely in order
>>
>>58700132
Perhaps because that's retarded
You can't just print a fugazi block confirmation. What's the angle here, the OTC transaction wasn't real when we can see it on chain?
Exchange reserves aren't real? They'd need to be eventually when anyone withdraws.
Printing bitcoin, a new one even for here
>>
>>58700458
Explain in your own words what happened with Mt Gox and FTX.
>>
>>58699756
Govs are selling their BTC to BR
>>
>>58700467
>gox
What about it? The coins were stolen and highly visible on chain
>ftx
Again visible on chain
At no time was counterfeit bitcoin ever printed
Exchanges can SAY their reserves are different than they are but this doesn't actually affect the bitcoin in circulation
Just as everyone in this cesspool SAYS they're a gazillionaire and token supplies don't change accordingly
>>
>>58700507
lol ftx sold all btc deposited into the exchange which means their liabilities were greater than assets, ie paper bitcoin. which they used to pump their ponzi tokens against which they secured loans and earned btc by loaning said tokens to hedge funds so they could short. paper + leverage = fake and gay.
>>
>>58700458
>Perhaps because that's retarded
lol
>You:
>Send money to exchange
>Exchange:
>"Here's 1 'bitcoin' lol! Trust us, it's really real"

Your reply:
>Huh, but I can withdraw it from the exchange! see!

The truth:
>Less than 10% of people withdraw BTC from their exchange

now you see how it works?
>>
>>58701732
don't be stupid, every bitcoin on a regulated U.S exchange is backed 1:1.
>>
>>58702765
Yeah, every real bitcoin is backed
>>
>>58699756
Yeah, I'm buying the dip in anticipation of selling in the coming altseason.
I have some amount of BTC alongside ETH and some other small mcap alts like ROSE, COSMIC and NAI
>>
>>58699899
Nah, it doesn't work that way
>>
>>58703268
I'm also holding ROSE and NAI which are building something great on the AI narrative

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.