[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4900.jpg (510 KB, 1276x692)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
Currently work and make around 83k a year plus overtime, before tax.

A decent apartment would cost roughly $1300 at the lowest, after fees closer to $1600 as base rent. The only thing is my job requires me to drive and travel a lot. So far it’s been in state but who knows for the future. These drives are usually 50 miles or more one way.

Now being the autist I am I invested everything into the stock market and my total savings is over 160k. But most of that is in retirement or stocks that are long term holds. Most people my age don’t have savings close to that (in my late 20s).

I am conflicted because on one hand I don’t want to get into a lease agreement of something I may not even be using, on the other hand my parents drive me up the wall and I do nothing but rot, coom, and play league all day on my weekends. Fairly sure I have depression and use those as coping mechanisms. Ideally my time would be spent doing more productive things.

What do you think?
>>
File: IMG_4893.jpg (57 KB, 810x540)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Are you kidding, live with your parents and save as long as possible also try to avoid marriage until you meet your financial goals because females and children will end your plans real quick
T. I’d be a millionaire if I hadn’t married young
>>
>>58701677
Also forgot to mention get a hobby like weight lifting and maybe a sports car, go out clubbing a bit or mall hopping on the weekends, that will take your mind off the rot
>>
>>58701677
honestly it depends on the kind of relationship you have with your parents. I love my parents so living with them and saving was a no brainer.
>>
Op I have one more suggestion, if you reach a point you literally cannot stand living with parents then get a used rv and put in in an rv park, the lot rent is usually around $400 per month which would allow you to keep saving the bulk of your money.
I used to live in a minivan for two years straight and saved a ton of money that way
>>
>>58701677
give me some money or tell me how to make some money
>>
>>58701750
Honestly I’m pretty dumb, it’s just the result of keeping my expenses low and earning a slightly above average salary for several years. Anyone with half a brain can do it, though there will be sacrifices, which fuck it I guess are worth it with the way the world is going.

Do IT (networking) if you are smooth brain, if not then I guess computer science/engineering is the highest paying field atm.
>>
>>58701697
>avoid marriage until you meet your financial goals
Then when you get divorced you'll get to start over again! Good shit!
>>
>>58701677
do it, I did it for a while so they wouldn't worry about me, it even gave me the opportunity to make a nice sum of $trump without much consequence
>>
>>58701711
This. The only downside is that I can't masturbate in peace
>>
>>58701677
Live with your parents until you’ve bought $31k of BRK.B.
That gets you retired in 30yrs without eating cat food even if nothing else works
Only then move out with the money you’re no longer spending, fuck bitches, start companies, whatever
>>
hey mofo, free rent wtf you thinking about
you could use the money you save on rent and invest in crypto you have plenty to go in
btc eth bnb even memecoins like doge and pepe and even hidden gems like super if you are into gaming I dont know I do pay rent and the kind of shit I could do saving that much money
>>
>>58702795
too complex. just live with your folks
>>
rent free> paying rent anyday

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.