[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1600497626688.gif (518 KB, 400x388)
518 KB
518 KB GIF
I am so fucking mad /biz/

My uncle called me earlier today saying "Comcast customer support contacted me because my computer's been hacked ..."

I immediately smelled the jeet scam and hoped none of his accounts were compromised. Unfortunately, back on Friday, Jul 19, per the scammer's instructions, he had already installed AnyDesk and logged into his Coinbase account to check on some supposed fraudulent activity. My uncle had a huge amount in Coinbase, around $500k. His son (my cousin) was a shitcoining aficionado, so my uncle also had been investing into crypto for years now.

After the scammer gained access to my uncle's PC via AnyDesk, he instructed my uncle to "go check the modem to see if the lights are blinking for activity." While my uncle was in the other room checking on the modem, the scammer converted all ERC20 tokens to ETH and withdrew to an address of his probably. The scammer also withdrew all BTC. (I can't currently grab the BTC txn ID because Coinbase already locked the account, and we're in the process of unlocking, which requires photo verification and manual review).

After draining the entire account on Friday, the scammer told my uncle Comcast would install some new hardware security device on Monday and they would call back. Today, they called back and instructed my uncle to log into his bank accounts. At this point, he finally called me. I instructed him to stop talking to the scammers and shutdown his PCs immediately. But it was too late.

We contacted the Coinbase support service, and they sent us a link to file a police report with the FBI here, which we already did. They can't do anything to reverse the transaction. They just told us they'll cooperate with the FBI.

As you can imagine, my uncle is completely devastated and it makes me seethe, I couldn't do anything.
>>
Just keep calling the places until they do something.
Look into crypto fraud firms too.
>>
>>58774622
खेलने के लिए धन्यवाद
>>
>>58774622
Easy come easy go
>>
>>58774622
why isn't there a death penalty for crimes like these? Basically is second to murder.
>>
>>58774622
>>58774631
>>58774638
>>58774652
>>58774652
>>58774674
>have fuckyou money
>keep it all in crypto
>literally have HALF A FUCKING MILLION in crypto but dont know how it works
>dont have basic understanding of indian scammers
>give it all away cause u are a retard

Fake and gay

If not the money was never his
>>
>>58774674
Because some police are in on it.
Justice is only had in cold blood of the traitors.
>>
While there have been succesful cases of crypto being recovered via court order, the countries of plaintiffs have been the US, Europe or other civilized nations like Japan and Singapore.

The difference here if the scammer was Indian is that Indian courts will NOT cooperate with EU or US courts, and in general even basic authorities such as the police or bailiffs will be lazy as fuck if they do anything at all in India.

India is the third world, and any motion that requires that the third-worlders participate is doomed to fail.

Unfortunately OP, I'd just move onto greener pastures and consider the money lost as if in an accident - think housefire, and continue your life. Make more money.
>>
>no 2fa on an account with 500k for withdrawals
>Talking to Indians ever and not immediately calling them benchods and hanging up
Lmao do white people really?
>>
>>58774622
>>58774748
Yeah, I was going to say; wouldn't he have had two-step verification to make transfers/withdrawals?
>>
nature is healing
>>
Retards are not meant to have money.
>>
>>58774817
That's what I was about to say. If he had 2FA before signing in for transaction, it would have halted the process. Most smart wallets are integrating this now.
>>
>>58774622
>withdraws $500k in one tx
Yeah, right. When I withdraw anything more than $1k I have to do a video conference where I hold my passport while turning my head from side to side only to get blocked by some bullshit daily withdraw limits I never set.
>>
>>58774690
>have fuckyou money
>500K
Nigga pls
>>
>>58775013
Retard
>>
File: 100_to_fuck_off.jpg (25 KB, 500x375)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>58774980
Yep, lol, this is CB. Anyone who knows, knows OP is a larping shitter.
And the fucker converted every token, and sent BTC?
So this dude did 20 minutes worth of work while your Uncle was out of the room for 5?
>>
File: 1659540708127315.jpg (96 KB, 502x640)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>58775069
NOT TO EVEN FUCKING MENTION SMS MESSAGE CONFIRMATION ON EVERY WITHDRAWAL
>>
>>58775073
>SMS MESSAGE CONFIRMATION
remove your phone number as a security step from every single online account asap unless you want to get sim swapped
>>
>>58775069
>>58774980
They don't do this to protect you. They do this to protect themselves. What incentive does CB have to not give all your shit to mumbat in delhi? If you get scammed from there it is of no consequence to them. Tax evasion on the other hand...

Why even use cuckbase in the first place?
>>
File: 1692332747090.png (342 KB, 758x785)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>>58775069
>>>58774980
>They don't do this to protect you. They do this to protect themselves. What incentive does CB have to not give all your shit to mumbat in delhi? If you get scammed from there it is of no consequence to them. Tax evasion on the other hand...
>Why even use cuckbase in the first place?
>>
>>58774817
How does 2fa help in this situation? If the jeet has access to your pc than he can likely access your email saved in the browser.
Sure there's phone verification but you're not supposed to use it because it makes you vulnerable to Sim swapping.
He never had those coins anyway because, not your keys = not your coins
>>
>>58774622
>saar dis is steve from cumcast
>we have detected a bairus on your machine
didn't happen but funny to think about
>>
fake ragebait story

post proof of these being 500k in the coinbase account, otherwise you're a lying retard faggot.
>>
>>58774622
This smells like bullshit
>>
>>58774622
get fucked, should've known better and advised older people to stay away from crypto altogether
nothing can be done, it's over for him
>>
>>58774622
Your uncle wasn't meant to have that money as I understand it. God gives us what we can handle.
Your uncle's trial is to destroy bitterness apparently and attempt to truly grow on an emotional level.
Do not be sad for him, cheer him on. This is America and the land of opportunity. Your uncle will do as well as he needs to.
>>
If cartels from Mexico started crossing the border, invading American care homes to steal their life savings, nukes would be launched. Why is India still standing?
>>
>>58774622
I lost 40 ETH to a cracked version of Adobe Lightroom in 2020. Everyone has to go through this at some point. You'll recover from it. Time heals all wounds.
>>
>>58776582
>Everyone has to go through this at some point.
One of the first things everyone tells newcomers is to use cold storage
>>
>>58776582
stole your seed with keylogger or how did a crack do it?
definitely use a separate laptop for all crypto if its a decent amount of money
>>
>>58776650
basically yes. Of course I learned from it, but back then 40 ETH wasn't that much, now it is though and the lost value keeps rising which sucks
>>
>>58776655
harsh but at least be happy that the day value of the lost tokens at the time was low for this valuable lesson
kinda surprised to see random cracks having this inserted, first i heard of it this way here
>>
File: 1622839183742.png (1 MB, 1317x1755)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>58774622
The shipping company lost my $jeoing737 hat
I'm as mad as you
>>
>>58776529
lol this is some extra strength cope
>>
this was a recent post from le reddit.
>>
>>58775069
This. Every time I swap goybase makes enter an authenticator code.
>>
>>58774674
solution: nuke India
>>
>>58774690
Bro boomers get scammed for 100 plus k all the fucking time...... I have literally seen more boomers then I can count wherw all it took was a phone call or email saying you have been hacked or owe taxes and of course they just blindly trust......
>>
>>58774622
your uncle is retarded
you get what you fucking deserve
>>
>>58774622
If this story is true, your uncle has the opportunity to be a martyr. He can share his story and teach others about the importance of self custody and not shitcoining. The faggot Twitter maxis will eat that shit up and unironically send him more btc than he had to begin with.
>>
>>58774622
Why are boomers so fucking naive?
>>
>>58776101
Why would you not have 2FA to a device like your phone?
>>
>>58774690
Keep it on an exchange too. This story reeks of bs though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.