[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
yes but by the end of it you will have 0 kids, 0 wife, estranged surviving family, and you will just die alone and the government will take the money back lmao
>>
File: jihyo.webm (1.47 MB, 688x1080)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB WEBM
>>58779493
that's gonna happen to me anyway so i might as well
>>
>>58779484
Realistically not gonna happen, but if you use your money for things to advance then it’s totally possible. Work enough to buy a truck, then you can do stuff for people and earn more to buy more equipment like a trailer. Now your making some money towing shit.. ect. I have seen guys start like this and use debt to advance their business very quickly and within a year or two they are quite comfortable. Once you advance enough for stuff like mini excavators and skid steers.. sky’s the limit.
>>
How to become a Minimum Wage Millionaire:

1. Live in DC, where the minimum wage is $17/hour (highest in the country ATM.)
2. Start working a full time job (40 hours) right out of high school, which nets you $600 a month after all taxes. Never get fired.
3. Invest all of it into the S&P 500, every month, because you live in your parents' basement and they cover all your bills, food, etc.
4. After only 25 years of getting average yearly returns of 11.5%, your brokerage account will have over a million dollars in it. Do not google "inflation", it is a highly technical concept that has no place in this discussion.

That's it. You are now a 43 years old millionaire, and you can therefore retire comfortably and enjoy the fruits of your labor. As long as you continue living in your parents' basement and they provide everything for you.
>>
>>58779484
Nobody works for minimum wage.
>>
>>58779659
i work for my state's minimum wage
>>
>>58779484
If you don't already have a 3 million USD net worth by the age of 30 you will literally never even make it to middle class. 3 Million is the minimum needed to start a family and please a woman. But it can be squandered so you need to find a way to quickly double it by 40 and have a 20 million net worth by 50, because your kids won't have jobs due to AI and all of them will be living off of dividends from your portfolio
>>
This is pretty much what I am doing, although at average wage no minimum.
I spend absolutely nothing and live with parents rent free. I am able to invest 95% of my salary as soon as it's paid to me.
My phone is from 2018 I think and was 2nd hand then, and my laptop I stole from the e-waste bin at an old job.
>>
>>58779979
UBI will happen in our kids lifetimes, but yes the opportunities are drying up and everyone on UBI will be completely dependent on the government
>>
>>58779484
is the man collecting stones to sell? how is the stone business these days?
>>
>>58780286
no, he's collecting pennies
>>
File: 1695963802147.png (500 KB, 1049x563)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>58779484
I think I would have better luck if I bet everything on shitcoins, or even $spike the frog's ancestor, being cautious has rarely worked out after all
>>
>>58779493
Yeah I'm a min wagie who just works and goes home.

It's comfy but I know I won't have a wife and family at this point. I live with my parents @ 34. Missed the boat for marriage. So there isn't much.

Just starting this year I've been putting money into ETFs. Did consoom a lot of garbage in the past so I only have $170k in the bank.

Wished I started investing earlier desu but now I hope I can make something decent out of this.

I love the simple life even though people thinks it's strange. If anything if I end up with more than I can enjoy I hope to give it to my nephew or nieces to see if they can make something out of it or put it to better use
>>
>>58779484
Only by gambling.
>>
No
>>
>>58779531
minimum wage would rise too tho remember so negates your inflation argument

plus promotions (if you fancy it) but honestly this is wages best bet

live at home working cushy home till 30, buy somewhere semi-shitty at 30, keep investing/paying off house, go part time at 40, fully retire by 50
>>
>>58782249
cushy job till 30*
>>
>>58779484
it's a stupid way, even if possible
are you retarded?
>>
>>58779493
>the government will take the money back lmao
imagine not donating everything in your will to communist soros run charities to put corrupt brown people as district attorneys. its like youre not even trying to make the world a worse place
>>
>>58779484
Sure, just work 33 years and don't spend a cent.
>>
>>58780509
Say you can save 1000$ per month. At that rate, it takes 1000 months to reach 1000000$.
That is 83 years.
>>
>>58779484
Test
>>
>>58782494
What the literal fuck? I wrote a long-ass post about a client of mine who did exactly what OP is asking about, I waited like a cuck to solve the captcha, and once I did the post just never showed up. Fuck this gay board
>>
>>58782498
can you just give us the gist of it
>>
>>58782498
agreed fk this new captcha, that was the day /biz/ died
>>
>>58779484
If you inherited a house or something, maybe
>>
File: file.png (92 KB, 553x702)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>58782249
Right, I forgot minimum wage is indexed against inflation, which ensures minimal standards of living do not worsen over time.
Oh wait no it's not, and it has in fact been one of the time-tested ways to stick it to the proles.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.