[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3173.jpg (87 KB, 1170x184)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Isn’t this really fucked? The companies that own 50% of the worlds wealth employ such a minuscule portion of the population, yet we’re all told that you need to work to define your wealth? Forget robots, if 50% of the economy doesn’t need 99% of the population to function why don’t we already have better wealth distribution mechanisms?
>>
>>58780698
You've hit the nail on the head, Anon. For a long time now, technology has been able to do most people's work, but its owners want every utility generated for themselves. That's why we got things like intellectual property, real estate hoarding, programmed obsolescence, transgenic seeds, unfixable devices, bloatware and many more bad faith practices that restrict people's access to the teue benefits of technology. Instead all we get from it is consumerist bait, data stealing, gps tracking, privacy invasion, mind control and segregation.
>>
>>58780992
What’s the solution then? I had two epiphany’s from this in short succession, 1. You’re right that we’ve been able to automate things for a long time, I thought UBI was a discussion that needed to happen in the future, but we don’t need AI for the economy to be automated by a small portion of the population already.
2. The elites don’t feel emotions beyond greed if you look at the numbers, so appealing to the humanity of them is a losing proposition every time, they probably prefer to kill people who don’t contribute to the economy but pull from it.
>>
File: 1624153829194.gif (3.15 MB, 560x562)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB GIF
>>58780698
>The companies that own 50% of the worlds wealth

what does this even mean? Ask yourself what this actually means in a tangible sense. Do they own 50% of the world's resources?
>>
>>58781083
>do they own 50% of the worlds resources
Yes, they could buy 50% of the worlds resources. In this threads context it means that the largest companies in the world that make up 50% of the economic activity globally, mostly based in the worlds largest economies, so sales and GDP.
>>
>>58781080
>What’s the solution then?
My only conclusion is that humans need to grow up, learn and practice self-regulation as a species; aim for technological, material, financial and alimentary sovereignty while decelerating the cycle of production/consumption. As much as we need to be self-sufficient, we don't need to consume and produce in the volume that we do. Moving away from excessive comfort, opulence, hoarding. Stop playing their game, stop consuming their products, stop working for them, stop spending their money, etc.
>>
>>58781253
That’s been mine too. My direct idea is to somehow popularize the idea of sabotaging corporations that don’t hire you. I think if every time a company turned someone’s application down that they deleted their app, we would see change a lot faster.
>>
>>58781109
>Yes, they could buy 50% of the worlds resources
Assuming perfect market liquidity and skipping any logistics constiaints, if they were all liquid and try to liquidate their assets causing widespread devaluations of their assets before they could sell much. And then once they try to buy any resource the price immediately will rise. So in useable terms their wealth is a small fraction of what it is on paper
>>
>>58782660
The top 500 companies globally include companies such as Saudi Armco, Walmart, Union Pacific, Southern Copper, ect. So on top of you being wrong, they already own the resources.

They make up 50% of global sales, liquidity does not matter if these companies own the assets, it is supply and demand and if they decide to buy 50% of the oil or all the copper the supply of money will be just as strained as the demand of resources.
>>
Yep, the middle class is being eliminated. The lower class is already toast. We are being destroyed by the systems that we have built ourselves. It will continue as long as everyone keeps playing their game, participating in their system, transacting in their currency, using spyware services from big tech, etc. Only thing is, nobody wants the old system to end. We want our stock-and-bond 401k's to increase in dollar value. We want our houses to increase in value. We want ridiculously easy and convenient payment methods and phone apps. We want to keep getting cash back for swiping our credit cards, borrowing cash into exisitance to spend what we haven't earned yet. Truth is we're getting what we want, at least for the moment. It won't change unless people realize how badly it will all end if they don't change their behavior.
>>
>>58781253
>My only conclusion is that humans need to grow up, learn and practice self-regulation as a species

i dont think thats possible, the only way for life to use less resources is for less resources to be available
>>
>>58783023
It's not only possible, but inevitable, unless of course...
Unless we, in our teenage despair, cut our lives into pieces.
>>
>>58782650
All companies follow the same model. It's about straying away from companies altogether and sacrificing comfort, entertainment etc. for the sake of self sufficiency. Sing your own music, write your own stories, draw your own paintings, play your own games. It sounds stupid but it's the only way to gain independence.
>>58783023
You're probably right. The way I see it there's 2 scenarios:
1. The solution is in our hands
2. It is not (I'd say your post fits in this scenario)
If 1 is true, the solution necessarily has to come from a cultural change. OP's post proves that the dynamics of oppression and enslavement of the human kind will prevail no matter how much technological progress there is, not even with infinite energy.
>>
>>58782994
Yeah, this does feel true. What’s your proposed solution then?

>>58783071
I feel like that can’t be true though, there must be good people you can collaborate with? If we can work together, what’s the point of working solo?
>>
>>58783170
>There must be good people you can collaborate with
>If we can work together, what's the point of working solo?
It's really hard to verbalize but here I go: People have forgotten the true cost of things. Tapping a cell phone screen can get you any article or service you want to your door at a ridiculous rate without any effort on your behalf except for a small payment, but the real cost is much larger than you realize, and that differential is being absorbed by every participant in the supply chain between you and the good or service. The true cost of you not moving your ass to get something is labor. That is, people are getting exploited. The point of working solo is to remind you how hard you suck at doing stuff and how difficult it is to provide value to others, so that the next time you think about consooming you stop to consider if you really need that shit, if the price you're paying for it is fair, how hard the guy that knows how to do it is being fucked in the ass by the service provider and if there's any other way to obtain that good or service (i.e. do it yourself or maybe move a little to get it from someone that you personally know and can benefit directly, even though he might be worse at it and more expensive etc.) instead of getting it through a chain of abusive middle men. If we all stop participating, skilled people that know how to do stuff won't be out of jobs because they can provide value anyway, but when someone comes that can their work more available to others, his skill becomes less scarce, hence less valuable. In other words, immediacy renders the intrinsic value of things lower because a middleman makes them more available. Does that make sense?
>>
>>58783170
>>58783388
*fucked up the last part*
If we all stop participating, skilled people that know how to do stuff won't be out of jobs because they can provide value anyway to their immediate communities, but when someone comes that can make their work more available to others, his skill becomes less scarce, hence less valuable and maybe even less available to their immediate communities. Instead, the value of the middleman's work rises, because people want the good stuff delivered right to them at no cost. In other words, immediacy renders the intrinsic value of things lower because a middleman makes them more available. Does that make sense?
>>
>>58781253
>self-regulation as a species
You mean top-down tyranny?
>sovereignty
Who would the "sovereign" actually be?
>decelerating the cycle of production/consumption
i.e. impoverish people with top down tyranny? Everyone lives in their 15 minute city pods?
>>
>>58783458
>top-down tyranny
Top down tyranny is the opposite of self-regulation
>Who would the "sovereign" actually be?
Ideally, all of us.
>i.e. impoverish people with top down tyranny Everyone lives in their 15 minute city pods?
No. People are already impoverished. What's the use of having stuff for sale if most people can't buy what's for sale? I say stop trying to sell stuff to people and start helping them out.
>>
>>58783487
So everyone has to "self" regulate to a common goal? How does that work exactly?
>>58783487
What about those who have been responsible and have managed to work hard to actually own a halfway decent house outright? Should they just give up what they worked for because it would seem "unfair" to those who have less?
>>
>>58783487
>stop trying to sell stuff to people and start helping them out.
How exactly?
>>
>>58783608
>How does that work exactly?
stop consuming, live below your means, get rid of debt
>What about those who have been responsible and have managed to work hard to actually own a halfway decent house outright?
Good for them
>Should they just give up what they worked for because it would seem "unfair" to those who have less?
Depends, if they don't really need it, yeah. But not because it's unfair for others that have less, but simply because it's enough for them.
>>58783613
>How exactly?
Quit your useless job and go help your neighbor with whatever he needs to do.
>>
>>58783655
>Depends, if they don't really need it, yeah.
How can that possibly be decide and implemented without tyranny?
>Quit your useless job and go help your neighbor with whatever he needs to do.
So I should mow his lawn and clip his hedges so he can impress his coworkers?
How do I pay for food and rent (or property taxes) without an income?
>>
>>58783674
>How can that possibly be decide and implemented without tyranny?
individual consciousness
>Should I... so he can
Key words.
>How do I pay for food and rent (or property taxes) without an income?
You don't.
Just say you're afraid of losing. Everyone is, that's why we keep feeding this shitty system. The day WE, AS A SPECIES realize that there's nothing to lose, we'll be grown-ups. Until then, some people will keep abusing others and cowards like you will keep dancing to the elites' song.
>>
>>58783709
If the vast majority of people keep feeding the system, then what are you accomplishing? You have to convince the masses, don't you?
>>
>>58783910
>then what are you accomplishing
Nothing. People have to change individually from the inside but together at the same time, it's an act of collective intelligence, like a swarm of birds flocking together in the same direction or a school of fish evading a predator.
>You have to convince the masses, don't you?
It's not a top-down dynamic and no single individual can trigger it. The masses have to convince themselves.
>>
>>58782785
dam if only you could invest your money into those companies and make money
>>
>>58784624
With what money dude? That’s the point of this thread, the majority of the economy is controlled by companies that employ very few people. There’s no fucking income to buy them with
>>
Bumping bread
>>
>>58780698
Everybody wants a pair of Jordans.
Turns out you only need 1 director, 1 or 2 designers, 10 office stacies, 4 autists, and either a mostly automated assembly line or a couple hundred sweatshop laborers to give the world all the Jordans they need. If you want to employ more people, you're really only doing it to fuck your competition and hoard talent or tax gibs (overstaff on stacies, autists, and designers).

Rinse and repeat for pretty much every product under the sun except for agriculture.

The world can probably function on the labor of like 100K people + automation supplements if we're being honest. The way things work today is pretty bloated and probably mostly kept in place to maintain societal stability.
>>
>>58785936
Interesting point anon. I believe things are kept the way they are to preserve power structures.
>>
>ctrl+f jew
>0 results

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.