[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1624434961923.jpg (7 KB, 250x241)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
How much money should you save before quitting your job and focusing on your investment portfolio full-time?

t. high 6 figs, almost $1M
>>
>>58783568
Depends where you live anon and what kind of life you want to live. I'm in the same predicament. I'm aiming for 2mil. At 1 mil I want to stop caring so much at work and about my "career". At 2 mil Ill really slow down, but free ride for the health care. At 4mil everyone can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>58783568
$4M if you live in the US
$400k if you live in the EU
>>
>>58784028
Yeah, thinking of staying for the healthcare. Have you checked how much it is out of pocket? Or whether it's a good idea to change citizenships for that reason and lower taxes?
>>58784039
why 1/10th in the EU?
>>
>>58783568
Hopefully Vesta moonride allows me to do so before the initial plan had it
>>
>>58783568
5-20 years of your salary depending on:

>whether you're trading crypto or stocks
>how good you are at trading
>how good/shit your job is
>how active/passive you want to take trades(daytrading, swing trading, or long term investing), etc

I think most traders can make at least 30% a year if you have a few years of experience and trade crypto actively
>>
File: 1674874947254.jpg (31 KB, 460x468)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>58783568
2.5 million minimum, you can always put a quarter in btc or hidden gems like $kendu if you really want a shortcut, or a smart way to get out of here
>>
Bump
>>
>>58783568
How old are you, anon, and do you plan on getting married/having kids?

For someone in their young to mid 20's, $1M is probably enough to cash to safe investments, aim for a 7% yield, live on like $40-50k/year somewhere LCOL and continue to add $20-30k+ annually to the portfolio. Or, work a PT job to offset and grow the portfolio faster (my recommendation is this because you can really build $1M quickly if you're not really pulling much out to live off of and by 35/40 when you REALLY don't want to be working anymore you'll be set up for it legit).

Families are very expensive. For a 2 child family I would plan on a minimum of $3M, $5M would be safe in a mid-HCOL city in the USA, but on $2M you could do LCOL.

My advice as a 40 y/o millenial wagie is work as long as you can stomach it and just keep growing the folio until you feel you're really just at a breaking point. Nothing will build it up faster than simply continuing to invest, and it's WAY easier to do this when you're young and single. I make $200k/year but with 2 kids I save $1-4k/month depending on what unpredictable disasters happened in that month. Average probably $20k/year, which is not enough to get me to where I need to be to retire. If I invested more when I was young I probably would have $10M+ right now and wouldn't need to dread every morning. That being said, my youth was spent doing really cool stuff and although I was broke and it made my later life harder I don't think I'd trade it, so mileage can vary there.

Good luck, anon.
>>
File: file.png (27 KB, 434x202)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>58785990
Thanks, anon and I'm 27, not married, no kids.

Was running the numbers and seems $1M is enough somewhere LCOL, probably Thailand or EE.
$2.5M seems like I'd hit a luxury life, better than now, but without working, and $5M would be the classical rich life traveling every month and having two places to live in the world.

I'll probably still shoot for $10M, but not quite sure when I should quit my job and just live off a small bit of money instead. I'm thinking if I hit $1M and I lose my job, I would just call it good, but until then I'll probably keep working until $2.5M.

As a compromise, might just take a lot more unpaid vacation time and use up all my paid sick days every year despite it looking suspicious.
>>
File: 1709606684626403.gif (1.42 MB, 247x247)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>58784028
I'm right there with you
I got a free car, a 20k pay raise, amazing Healthcare and 401k. About 700k in crypto. I think if I hit 2 or 3 mil I might drop out and live as freely as possible. Anything more and it's definite I'm buying a mansion and living free
>>
>>58784041
>why 1/10th in the EU?
Do you really have to ask?
>>
>>58784041
Bongland?
>>
>>58783568
I only have around 500k portfolio at 24 but I got a new job that is around 500k tc. I recently moved to japan with my fiance and I want 3 kids. My current target is around 20 million, this should be sufficient for everyone assuming I die or something happens to me right?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.