[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3669.jpg (1.18 MB, 1125x1416)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
Do Brit’s really give their royals raises? Better leave a tip so they don’t go broke. If monarchs are struggling with inflation, what chance do the rest of us have.
Those outfits and gold thrones are ridiculous
>>
>>58785101
truly useless cunts
>>
>>58785178
what would peasants do without royalty?
who would take all the palaces if there were no royals?
>>
>>58785101
keeping up the charade probably adds hundreds of millions in tourism
>>
File: 1721991772571.jpg (77 KB, 640x358)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>58785101
>>58785178
>>58785362
>>58785412
>>
>>58785412
the royal family actually produces far more revenue than they spend now but some people still like to seethe about them
>>
>>58785101
Well yeah, I mean the monarchy's cost of living probably doubled or tripled since the last increase.
>>
>>58785101
The monarchy is the one with all the money. They are losing money paying themselves an allowance like this.
>>
>>58785442
Elaborate
>>
>>58785101
So the way it works is - the King owns a lot of fucking land. It makes a shit ton of money. We're talking hundreds of billions. He pays that all to the country. In return, the country agrees to pay him sort of maintenance. Its called the sovereign grant.
>>
>>58785412
>>58785442
>>58785580
>>58785653
>royal family shills
Shut up peons. The royals stole that crown. They’re German and probably have Rothschild blood in them. They put the country in debt to a national bank. Fucking retards acting like they’re good for the common man need to be shot
>>
>>58785663
You speak treason churl and you deserve a traitor's death. GOD SAVE THE KING and death to his enemies.
>>
>>58785101
Doesn't the government pay him £300k annual to rent and sub-lease his entire domain?
>>
>>58785663
THEY can go but they should be replaced by an English family with a noble lineage. Preferably my family.
>>
>>58785101
Her Majesty Revenue and Customs
>>
>>58785689
Why? The noble families of Europe are all intertwined; his blood comes from Charlemagne, as well as from Alfred the Great.
>>
>>58785689
When was the last Britton king? Arthur 1500 years ago? You guys have been cucked by German, Dutch, and French kings for so long you can’t even remember the last pure blood Brit king
>>
>>58785683
He’s so nice to give the country a good deal like that.
Maybe America should get a king
>>
Russia would improve with a monarchy.
>>
>>58785756
Llywelyn last King of Gwynedd. Called himself Princips (a title reminiscent of Augustus) and refused to be a vassal of the King of England at the time (Pretty sure it was Edward I).
It's the reason why the Prince (Princips) of Wales is the next in line to the English (now British(UK)) throne. Edward was the Caesar, no room for anyone else on this island.
>>
>>58785101
His estate has to maintain all the land and buildings which are used by the public etc., of course costs to maintain are rising
>>
>>58785101
Who signs a king's paycheck? That sounds like the most absurd thing in the world to me.
>>
Ameriburgers pretending they don't have their own aristocracy is hilarious. Those guys have their beaks firmly planted into the public treasury and suck out far more money than the meme king of england and yield far more actual power than the meme king.

Every time their companies are in trouble, they are showered with the publics money to "avoid losing jobs". But when times are good, they don't pay it back, and of course they get to keep all of the profits
>>
>>58786362
The bankers who own our politicians own British royals but at least we’re not putting them on the public payroll
The Bank of England works the same way as the Fed faggot
Learn something before you open your mouth
>>
>>58786308
The Rothschilds and Barrings
>>
>>58785756
You're right. Even if I was made king like I joked about, and I do have noble blood, my family can be traced back to French nobility within only a few hundred years. It's basically impossible to find a pureblood Briton who is part of the gentry or nobility in any meaningful way.
My cunting ancestors gave it all up (along with their heads) during the reformation.
It was based though because Jesus Christ is lord and the Anglican church is for faggots.
>>
>>58786842
So the Irish are the true carriers of the pure blood?
>>
>>58786842
>this guy born 1500 years after Christ is actually right.
>>
>>58785442
They have a strong enough global brand and enough assets to be self sustaining, they just want payment for fulfilling their royal duties. Which is fair but should be more in line with the prime minister's salary for senior royals. Skimming multiple millions from public funds that they don't need shows them up as grifters.
>>
>>58785101
Well I didn't vote for him.
>>
>>58785101
I've seen Brits swear up and down that they "don't cost the taxpayers anything because they generate tourism income" just delusional.

looks like there are even a few in this thread, amazing
>>
>>58787834
...but they do generate income? They're basically a government run museum/theme park/circus that is actually profitable.
>>
>>58787873
do you genuinely believe that people come to Britain and spend money that wouldn't if there was no royal family, and in large enough numbers to justify their vast estates and public expenses?
>>
>>58787890
I don't know, I'm not a tourism expert. I believe whatever blog post I read that made a good argument. People tune in from all over the planet just to witness whatever bs the royal family is doing. I don't understand why people find this interesting but I know tens of millions of them are obsessed so there must be some financial value to it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.