[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

How does the IRS “know” how much I’m supposed to pay them anyway?
>>
it all started from this thread
>>
File: 1721998503980354.jpg (486 KB, 1296x1268)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
Put me in the screencap
>>
wait a minute....
>>
>>58787181
That's the thing anon, they don't
>>
File: 132135488744646.jpg (23 KB, 300x230)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>58787181
>>
They dont. They pull a number out their ass and it's up to you to prove it's wrong.
Guilty until proven innocent.
>>
>>58787181
They don't, but every financial institutions that sends you tax forms at the end of the year sends a copy to the IRS.
If you don't file a tax return, the IRS will use that data to come up with the least favorable estimate possible for your taxes based on what they know.
If you file a tax return, you get a chance to provide all kind of extra financial information that changes your numbers.
You could try to lie and omit facts about your financial activities, and even get away with it for a while, but if the IRS decides to audit you (perhaps because your tax returns happens to be a statistical outlier in a bad kind of way), you will get caught, and you will have a bad time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.