[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1447641015185.jpg (120 KB, 980x735)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Have you had any encounters with normies while wearing jfashion/cosplay/larp gear/etc?
Share your stories!
>>
wearing sweet and had an old man tell me i look like "his old man's fantasy"
wearing a bonnet and having little scrotes yell "WHERES YOUR SHEEP" at me
wearing goth or just fucking black and having retards spit at my feet and call me an emo

granted i live in a podunk town but it really makes me think murder should be legally permissible in some cases.

although it's usually old ladies who complement me. an old woman told me i brightened her day once and i've been riding the high for years.
>>
Honestly, I've only had nice interactions.

Wearing sweet with my usakumya an old man came up to me and asked if I was on the way to a play or something, saying he thought I looked like Little Bo Peep and once a few younger girls calling me cute and asking if they could take a picture. I normally don't let people take pics but they seemed like good hearted girls so I let them as long as I was able to cover my face and asked them not to post it on social media.
I wear gothic usually and people don't say much but I still get compliments and often have regular dressed girls say they like my coord.

Granted I live in a pretty liberal city, but when I visit my family in a small town I get some stares and weird looks but still no rude comments.
>>
>>10898718
Wearing cosplay out in public pretty much just gets compliments from old ladies saying how "lovely" or "adorable" I am, and I love it.
>>
In western europe you have some people shouting "heidi" at you (regardless of if you wear braids or not), or some people will assume your dress is a dirndl. Little bop peep isn't something people heard of here, so neither is "where's you sheep".
Out of sweet, gothic and classic it's classic that seems the most digestible to the general public here, no surprise. IME both gothic and sweet have gotten negative responses. Gothic anything is hated here, people think it's creepy and that the wearers are mean and negative people. Sweet (regardless of the era, as long as it's not a black coord) is seen as weird and assumed it's worn for attention, or as a costume. None of the negative comments or positive comments really stand out apart from the heidi thing. I've had people snigger and point at my platform shoes, people have approached me and complimented my bag (btssb crown bag), a teen boy approached me to ask why I wore what I wore, a classmate any uni said I looked like a creepy doll (this was intended as an insult, but I didn't mind), people have approached me and asked me where I bought my stuff,.

The most positive comment I've ever received from a stranger was during my time in uni where a girl from another department came over to me to say she was so happy that I was wearing what I liked, and expressing myself despite our culture (very "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down"), and that she always wanted to wear similar clothes but didn't have the courage. I was dressed in an all black old school sweet coord (bonnet, blouse, jsk, chunky mary janes, knee socks, black school bag). She especially loved "the hat". I hope she went on to live her dreams because I never saw her again.
>>
I haven't really had any negative experiences wearing sweet lolita, but I do usually wear headphones, take my glasses off and ignore any male that approaches me, so I might just be in blissful ignorance. My experience is that most people mind their business, but I am also very picky about the areas I wear it in.
The country you're in changes what it's like a lot, when I was in Paris I wore lolita everyday, and everyday I would have people asking to take a picture with me, whereas in London no one has ever asked in 3 years, I only get street photographers.

My best experience so far was after a con at like 1am in mcdonalds, the manager really liked my coord so I showed her all the details and afterwards she put a free cheeseburger in my bag.
>>
Just out of curiousity, are there any eastern european lolita experiences here? I'm traveling there in a few days so I'd just like to know how you are perceived in public. I'm more gothic/classic than sweet if that makes any difference.
>>
I'm afraid of harassment so I typically don't go out in public in lolita by myself, so most of my experiences with normies occur when I am with at least one other person (usually my normie boyfriend or a few people from my comm.) I primarily wear classic or toned down sweet.

I regularly receive compliments from women and girls of all ages. Multiple women in their 20s have run up to me to tell me that they love me and I make them happy. One time I was at the grocery store and a father carried his 5 year old daughter over to me to tell me that she liked my dress. It really warmed my heart so I spent some time showing her the details of the print.

Older people will ask me if I am going to a party, or if I am a performer. Sometimes I will say yes to the party question simply because I am going to a tea party, but other times I'll just tell them that I enjoy dressing up.

Men have shouted little bo peep and strawberry shortcake at me. I've received my fair share of dirty looks but I've gotten better at ignoring them.

Occasionally people ask to take photos, and I always say yes.
>>
When I go out in sweet lolita I almost always get some kind of remark but the rate of positive to negative comments is like 3 to 1. I get less attention but also less positive comments when I wear gothic. My experience is pretty similar to others that it's mostly middle aged and older women that compliment me. Other than the dresses they also really love my platform heels for some reason. Children mostly just stare but a few younger girls get visibly excited and call me a princess or Barbie (or just a doll if it's gothic lol). It's very sweet and I just wish I wasn't so awkward with children. Teenage girls and women my age seem to be the least interested in it but I still get positive comments sometimes.

Honestly just as always males ruin everything as they're the ones 99% of the time who insult, catcall and harass me. I have to use public transport which means I get to meet those kind of men much more often. The type of negative attention ranges from teenage boys just shouting anime at me to weird old men trying to convince me to let them take a photo of me after I say no (or making me listen to their 15 min+ reminiscence while my train is late..). Last time my boyfriend and I were waiting for the bus some guy kept calling us satanists just because of my cross JSK and his ouji coord kek. I also get asked for photos sometimes and I usually say yes if it's not weird men. It does catch me off guard when people decide to take a selfie with me instead of just a normal full-body shot.

I instinctively ignore all stares and wear headphones most of the time but when I'm with people they mention others stare a lot. I'm just happy that I'm at that point that I can ignore a lot of it. Most of these experiences are in a big city in western Europe, >>10898734 is pretty relatable too.
>>
>>10898778
I'm >>10898734 and your mention of old guys reminiscing did remind me of a few instances when wearing classic and old school sweet where just some strange men would say I reminded them of their younger years, they specifically mentioned things like petticoats and "proper dresses". And then one of them said he wished he was young again in a very suggestive way. I don't know why guys over 60 think it's okay to say this to a 20yo woman. I haven't gotten any hate for wearing classic, I think most people just assume it's vintage or something like that. But if it attracts creepy old men that's definitely a con.

Also teenage boys and men in their early 20s in groups just out and about are a scourge. I will take a detour to avoid them.

I too wish I wasn't so awkward with children. I just ignore them if I can or if I really can't ignore them I make sure I'm out of that situation asap.

I also hate how many people just take pictures without asking, and even if they ask for a picture and you politely decline they get all pissy with you. I hate how entitled these people are. I don't even care about getting positive comments, I wish I would get none at all. Of course you need a thick skin to continue to wear it but it feels good to vent.
I usually walk without headphones (because headdress/head bow/bonnet, I guess I could try some ear buds to listen to music with), and taught myself to only take enough notice of my surroundings in order to be safe in traffic (incl pedestrians, not walking into street lights) but to phase everything else out.
>>
>>10898734
>a classmate any uni said I looked like a creepy doll
Goals
>>
>>10898736
> and afterwards she put a free cheeseburger in my bag.
God Bless America
>>
>>10898718
i've been told i look very nice, and asked if i'm going to a party or if this is an everyday fashion. that's about it.
>>
>>10898718
I cosplayed Tails for Sonic back in my senior year of high school and the asian people running the place loved it so much they gave me free sushi.

Also got harassed by the NYPD for recording them kicking a homeless dude in the PABT in same costume.
>>
>>10898816
Also had someone shout out my tiktok username while cosplaying during the 3rd MHA movie premiere. They joined my live later. Nice person, we're good friends now.

Then there was that time on the way from the PABT to the Javitz center for NYCC and some black cunt pulled out the ol' "durrr is it it halloween?" line. My friend responded with it "It sure is, I love your monkey costume!"

As is typical NYers are the biggest pussies in the entire country and the second you challenge them in any way shape or form they fold like an accordion.
>>
File: IMG_2379.jpg (978 KB, 738x1021)
978 KB
978 KB JPG
>>10898718
Too many to count haha
Last Otakon especially, I was cosplaying XOF from metal gear, my friend was a HECU marine from half life, we had several fun experiences like
>homeless tweaker sparking his lighter repeatedly at my face, and asking “you CIA? Hey, you CIA? You got good training, huh?”
>all the stares we got walking to and from the metro every day
>several little kids running up to us and asking if we’re real soldiers
>>
>>10898738
I live in post soviet country. I wear oldschool and get comments from grandmas that I look sweet or cute. Russian youth population here is actually more alternative than I´ve expected and they seem curious but I haven´t had any interactions with them. Suprisingly haven´t had any negative comments (yet?) but I also don´t go to very crowded locations and public transport so that could explain it.
>>
File: 1695330549272983.jpg (67 KB, 1200x960)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>10898718
>Sitting at the hotel bar waiting for the rave to start dressed as Snufkin
>Boomer sits next to me and gives me a lil side-eye
>I smile at him and get another beer
>He gets a beer, I notice he has an English accent
>We sit in silence for a moment
>I ask him what he's here for
>"Oh, just business"
>"You're a traveling businessman?"
>We chat for a bit about his job and his work and his growing up in England, his itinerary for the week, he's going to China, Japan, Germany, Spain, and back to America in the course of the next eight days
>By this point we get more beer and I tell him about being a photographer and shit, ask him for any tips on selling, he gives me some great advice
>Finally, I ask him the question that's been on my mind since I showed up to the con
>"Hey man, what was it like landing here and coming out to see all the nerds and spergs here?"
>He shakes his head and just stares into the middle distance for a minute
>"I've no idea how to wrap my head around it. I was in shock. I was in the lift, going to my room the other night, and these three girls walk in, dressed up, and they're all talking about their game or whatever it is. They were speaking English, but they might as well have been speaking Chinese for all I could have known"
>We laugh and chat, I notice the rave started like ten minutes ago and I had gotten sucked into the conversation
>I bid him farewell and we clink our drinks and slug the last of it, he goes to bed, I go dance my ass off at the rave

All in all, not a bad time, would do it again.
>>
File: (you) (1).png (175 KB, 448x468)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
Oh boy, do I love when this happens since it's an easy way to get some laughs + I was first introduced to cosplay while on the receiving end when I was 8. Most have been fine, but for the weirdest I have
>Go to bar area of town on Sunday night after con is over
>In a pretty casual costume, only obvious part is the wig
>Talking to a doorman outside and a few other people who were curious
>Hear an old woman say "Excuse me..." from behind, immediately prepare to have her beg for money
>It is indeed a bum except instead she asks "What's with the getup?"
>There was an event in town where you dress up and I just came from that
>And what's with that glove you're wearin?
>It's part of the character's outfit to power u--
>Boy, you better not be bullshitin me right now. If people see you with that they're gonna thi-- *looks to the side and mutters who knows what* ...They're gonna see you're wavin THE HAND OF GOD
>Well, I didn't mean to offend anybody so...
>HEY I DIDN'T TELL YA TO TAKE THAT OFF
>Thinking "please God make this woman leave"
>Doorman taps me from behind
>Hey you're going to the one next month too right??
>Turn around, she's gone
>>
File: IMG_5193.jpg (2.56 MB, 4032x3024)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
before a con me and a friend both in cosplay went to go get gas and cigarettes. we were panicking, thinking, we don't anything like our IDs. I had a big moustache and beard stuck on my face with dark eyes and a red drinker's nose. he on the other hand had his face caked in gray troll makeup. I bought the cigs, and the guy at the counter looked at me then back at the ID like, 5 times before actually giving me the cigs and he didn't look amused. we also went to walmart the next day to get stuff we needed. he was in a different cosplay so he was fine. I already had my stuff but he took longer so i was waiting at the entrance and had some people either wave, compliment my outfit or just look me up and down. nothing i wasn't expecting. pic related, friend at gas station.
>>
>>10899031
warms my heart to see homestuck cosplayers scaring the hoes after all these years
>>
>>10898738
I mostly get silent stares, women (usually around my age or middle aged) approaching me to say they like my outfit or Chinese tourists taking photos of me without asking. I once had a drunkard try to follow me home while shouting expletives at me, but that's par for the course regardless of how you're dressed here. I live in a major touristy city that's more liberal than the rest of the country, for context.
>>
In lolita I get a lot of compliments from kids (girls but also little boys too) and grandmas, especially remarks on the petticoat.
I was wearing a pretty OTT coord around Christmas and a local shop owner asked me to pose with a teacup they were selling to be an advertisement pic for their shop, which was really fun.
Men like to do "drive by comments" like "hey Dorothy", "halloween," "Wednesday", "Heidi", etc. which is mostly just annoying
The most irritating is when people try to sneak pictures without asking and trying to hide what they're doing. I don't mind pics at all if I'm asked. I try to make eye contact and 80% of the time they'll get embarrassed and ask permission for a posed pic.
>>
>>10898895
Kino
>>
>>10898718
there was an event at our school that let us free style our clothing and i went out in a completely decked sweet lolita outfit that my friend had lent me, i loved it and i had so much fun (what mainly got me into egl and japanese fashion) and the teachers kept taking photos of me and telling me i looked like a doll
>>
>>10898718
My roommate was Kenji from Katawa Shoujo. He expected people thinking he was Harry Potter but then some lady approached him by car and yelled "Go Trojans!" because his scarf had the USC colors.
>>
>>10898718
Normies asking for photos and explanations of what lolita is can be pretty annoying, but it’s expected in a fashion that’s out of the norm. Most normies interactions have been very pleasant, but I will not forget the time when a comm member screamed at an old lady after she just asked about the fashion and was curious about it. She made it embarrassing for us when normies just stared at our comm like freaks after her yelling at the poor old lady. Our comm been getting a bad reputation locally and nearly got us banned from a few places due to unacceptable reactions from members to normies.
>>
I often wear my Onceler cosplay to karaoke to either sing How Bad Can I Be, Biggering, or random songs about money. This happened when I wasn't in cosplay, but one person saw my Onceler ita bag, knew that I was that one Onceler cosplay she had heard about a lot, and got super excited and got me a free drink and told me about her Homestuck days.
>>
>>10899207

>> not naming and shaming
>>
>>10898718
ive been called a faggot for wearing a seifuku but thats about it
>>
>>10898718
I was crossplaying sakuya once and an old black lady said I had nice legs when I was getting lunch outside of the con
>>
>>10898718
I wear sweet (mostly 2010s AP), more toned down classic, general girly j-fashion, nanchatte, and rarely hanfu and I don't really get any outrageous reactions. Live in the Midwest, but in a city with a high zoomer population. Some people might just write me off as a weird foreigner wearing weird foreign things since I'm East Asian. It is a little implied that people gossip about me because sometimes people I don't know act like they're familiar with me? Like saying they remember me
Most people just say a quick compliment and move on, sometimes nerdy looking people will gush for a bit longer. Overall I get friendly remarks from all kinds of people (women, men, older, younger, a Catholic priest once) but my favorite is from kids.
>>10898736
I got a free cookie from Subway
>>
>>10898718
I wear gothic lolita so people just assume I’m a normal goth since my city has a big alt scene. The sweets in my comm have it the worst, they get harassed and hit on everywhere we have a meet.
>>
>>10899147
kek, that's a new one
I've done the same but only had Harry Potter or the one person know what the fuck KS is
>>
File: IMG_6311.gif (2.01 MB, 400x226)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB GIF
>>10898726
The sheep one is kinda funny
>>
I wear visual kei and most people just assume its some kind of goth or punk style so I either get the odd stares or compliments. The worst thing ever said to me was a lady on public transit who remarked “Halloween is over”
>>
>>10898718
At Anime Iwai this past year, there was a wedding at the same hotel (?) and all the wedding guests were super aggro. Harassing cosplayers, calling people freaks, etc. There was one guy who attempted to get with an underaged cosplayer and when he was cockblocked by the rest of her party, he started harassing everyone and got the hotel to call police. That's the story as relayed to me, as my interactions with him were limited.
>>
>>10898817
>some black cunt pulled out the ol' "durrr is it it halloween?" line. My friend responded with it "It sure is, I love your monkey costume!"

>.>
>>
>>10899212
I think I've seen you, haha. I like going to the karaokes.
>>
>>10899370
>he started harassing everyone and got the hotel to call police
And in one fell swoop, Iwai's chances of returning there disappeared forever. Not that I'd want to go back to that place anyway
>>
>>10899376
Well, I think that we are on thin ice with the hotel without that event. It didn't help, for sure. The goose is most certainly cooked, in any case.
>>
>>10899377
The first mistake was picking a hotel with an open-air lobby. That would have been an instant "no" if I were scouting for a new location. Meanwhile, Mizucon got away with loud music, bottles and swimming in the pool till dawn
>>
>>10899374
Are you in MA?
>>
>>10899395
No, I must be confused. In my defense, usually by the evening I am not necessarily sober.
>>
I guess I was the normal in this situation but my wife back in college would wear her lollita outfits a lot (she did sweet style mainly i think but also had one or two goth ones)
I wasn't really use to the style but loved it immediately and was an amateur photographer at the time and asked if I could do a photoshoot of her in one of her outfits. It was a great time and really started off our relationship pretty well.
>>
Was walking on the sidewalk with my comm and this guy in a car opened his window and started screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAAA" until he was over the horizon. Not negative or positive, just confusing~
>>
I live in a mid-sized city near a college town and most people are pretty nice about it when I wear gothic lolita in public. Mostly just asking what the fashion is or saying they love my outfit. People tend to have more questions about cosplay in public though kekw
>>
>>10899395
everyone hates you, d.
>>
I've had interactions with normies in cosplay. My favorite icebreaker is asking a simple question about the character they're cosplaying as then watch their face distort with confusion bc bunnygirl makima holding the "I'll step on you for $5" sign never read the csm manga
>>
>>10898918
>”you’re the god hand!?”
>>
>>10898918
What was the costume of?
>>
When I was the cashier at a smoke shop wearing yume stuff, I had this woman in her 50's ask if I was a little too. It caught me off guard & I told her it was just a fashion. She said she 'just thought' and then told me how her and her husband's marriage was failing so they pursued spicing it up & that ageplay brought the life back to their marriage. She explained that's why she asked & then wanted to know where I got the petticoat because 'the ones she bought were really cheap'. That's likely the reaction that caught me most off-guard because this looked like, you know, successful business lady about to retire.

Since I've moved to a different area, I have a lot more people comment specifically on my outfits asking about yamikawaii and menhera so that's a bit surprising given I'm still pretty rural. I noticed it's mostly really young people, teens and very young adults, but they're always excited about it. I'm surprised that a lot of them are excited about Menhera-chan since the artist is kind of controversial now even among those who wear the adjacent fashion.

As far as older people, they mostly comment when I break out the Pink Strawberry, AP, and MAM. I find a lot of older ladies and men are huge fans of Baby's lacy lace up socks for some reason. People who are age 50+ really love those socks. I guess fancy lacy stuff was maybe a thing back in their youth, I'm not sure. My neighbor is a huge fan too & said their wife used to wear that kind of stuff. I sometimes help clean their house & got to see a picture of their late wife. She did in fact wear a lot of lace dresses and flouncy stuff so apparently that was a fashionable thing a long time ago if you weren't into disco.
>>
File: ERhJQjQXkAEJw92.jpg (113 KB, 661x882)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>10899672
Something else amusing, even if not relevant, is that the doorman was wearing a sweater with pic related on it. Likely custom made
>>10899740
Tracksuit Ryuko
>>
Not me but, me and my mom weee in Sanrio Land for a trip. She saw twoyoung ladies in EGL walking around and she said “hey you should take a picture with those two”

I said “No, they are sightseers not performers”
>>
>>10898718
Idk if this counts, but while cosplaying as Ghostface during past Halloween, many kids and women refered to me as 'The Grim Reaper' or 'Whats Uuuuup'
I find it pretty funny :)
>>
>>10899645
>watch their face distort with confusion bc bunnygirl makima holding the "I'll step on you for $5" sign never read the csm manga
i wish signs were banned again
>>
>>10898718
Did a Street Fighter/Final Fight photo shoot. I was Guy in his original look. Was one of the last guys to leave, walk past a bar to change back into normal clothes in the public bathroom. Bunch of guys are standing outside, one a very drunk Mexican. Walks up to me saying, “You black belt, you black belt bro? You black belt??” His fists are balled up, a sign he was ready to pick a fight. Quickly explain to him this is a costume for shoot based on a game. Luckily his friends seem to get it and pull him away.
>>
Wasn't cosplaying, but was at a con for this
>volunteering at a con, overnight shift in arcade
>convention center has food court, some places are open late due to the con
>in main yuppie district, drunk normie couple gets in line behind me
>see I'm wearing staff shit, start asking me questions since there's still a lot of cosplayers hanging around
>explain things, everything seems fine
>drunk girl just goes WHAT ABOUT FURRIES? IS THAT A SEX THING?
>keeps asking the question over and over again as the furries in fursuits stare at us
>>
>>10898895
you should have fucked that old man desu
>>
>>10899861
You should have told her you don't know because you're not a furry and that she should ask the furries instead.
>>
File: sakya lolita.jpg (304 KB, 650x1045)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
pictures, always fucking pictures
my lolita comm is just but the admin for our city will never, ever say no to strangers that ask for pictures and it makes me so goddamn uncomfortable, and it makes me feel like i'm gonna get ostracized if i refuse to be in a picture. she never asks us for input, either. it's to the point where i might just bring some kind of masks to meetups because i really don't like the idea of strangers just having my face on their phone.

it's fucked because my comm experience has been perfectly fine other than this. i don't mind the compliments, of course i don't! i don't mind talking to strangers! i just don't want multitudes of them having a picture of me. nobody in my comm talks about it and i feel like i'm going fucking insane over it.
>>
>>10899916
awful taste
>>
>>10899916
maybe stop being a hiveminded fucking idiot and just speak up? just start a discussion with them??
>>
File: IMG_5851.jpg (592 KB, 791x729)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>10898718
Most of my normie interactions wearing lolita are just old ladies who probably remind them of 50s fashion or Historical Costuming, that or people who recognize lolita and have we have a small conversation about it. But most of the time I’m not wearing lolita; I mostly wear jojifuku or fairy kei inspired clothes which can get interesting interactions because it’s not as well known as lolita. It’s kind of funny, because I have gotten compliments from all kinds of people expect white boys.
>>
I only wear Lolita for meet ups or when meeting with friends who also wear Lolita, lifestyle and solo Lolita you girls are strong. I’ve mainly get compliments from old ladies or moms with their kids because they like the print. I have got people asking for pictures of me which I usually reject, but I don’t mind taking pictures with people. There’s a few people who look at me and loudly exclaim “wtf” or even look at me but it’s whatever
>>
>>10899964
>jojifuku
Ew
>>
File: IMG_3882.jpg (78 KB, 1080x1120)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
I’ve got a few good ones so I will quickly make several posts

>Be me
>Con is sharing the hotel with “Mothers for Liberty” a conservative womens group and the Governor of our state who is quite conservative will be attending and speaking
>In the elevator with a few spray tanned women with plastic tits and bad dyejobs who are obviously there for the conservative conference
>Get the usual questions “what is this? Did you make this? This is neat can I bring my kids?”
>One lady who is a bit older than the rest and looks like a tanned leather bag snarkily says in a heavy southern accent “y’all are fully grown a-dults why do y’all wanna dress up like this? It’s kind of sad”
>Respond with “Do you like sports?”
>“Yeah”
>“Do you own jerseys with a players name on them?”
>“Yeah, I own a few falcons jerseys”
> “Congratulations you’re cosplaying as a football player, plus you’re a falcons fan so that’s even worse than dressing up like a super hero. How many super bowls has your team won? Oh yeah none. Who is really the sad one here?”
>A few of this lady’s friends snicker
>Lady remains quiet and stares daggers at me the rest of the elevator ride
>Fastforward to later that night
>Get flagged down by one of the nicer ladies from the elevator with her a man and a little girl who I can only assume are her husband and daughter
>“Can I get a photo with y’all? Y’all look so good. Darren baby you shoulda been there this guy totally shot back at Barb. Typical Barb always starting things huh?”
>>
>>10900027
>Be me
>At same con from last story
>Walking to pizza place with friends about 10 minute walk away
>See group of “Proud Boys” waiting outside for the Governor to show up
>For those who don’t know the “Proud Boys” are a far right militia movement that’s prevalent here in the states
>Tl:Dr They’re all special forces wannabe larpers
>All the guys here are wearing bulletproof vests and balaclavas to hide their faces
>Need to walk past them to get to the pizza place
>One of the guys from Meal Team 6 decided to be slick and be like “You’re cosplaying Naruto, and then sailor moon, sailor moon and sailor moon and Goku” and point at each of us bc we were two boys and two girls
> “Yeah you Gravy Seals are so fuckin tough”
> “Cant run a mile, can’t run a mile cause he’s probably got diabetes, can run a mile but only because he weighs 98 pounds, can run a mile but is in so much credit card debt for buying his soldier cosplay that he needs to be at work to pay it off”
> One of the guys says “you’re just a bunch of faggots get the fuck out of here”
>Try to use his logic against him and say “take your mask off KEK, why are all you SHEEPLE wearing MASKS?” Since they’re all wearing balaclavas
>One of the fat ones looks like he’s about to try and punch me but the one who was obviously a boomer puts his hand on his shoulder and pulls him back
>We walk to pizza place
>When we get back from lunch we found out they’d harassed some more cosplayers but were eventually told by the cops to take their masks off and stop harassing people or leave
>Guess they left

I fucking hate those guys, make all gun owners look like absolute retards to cosplayers
>>
File: IMG_4244.jpg (43 KB, 600x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>Be me
>At Megacon 2023
>Thursday night and we’re staying at the Hyatt
>A Doctor convention is wrapping up Friday morning
>Stop at the hotel bar Thursday night
>In Captain America cosplay
>Sit down next to a quiet looking man by himself, looks to be late 40s or early 50s
>Guy is wearing a lanyard from the Doctor convention
>Dude compliments my cosplay, asks to take a photo with me because “his son would love it”
>We take the photo
>He asks me if my shield is metal
>Tell him it is
>He asks if he can hold it for a photo
>Tell him yes but joke that he has to buy me a shot
>Introduces himself, his name is Pierre, he’s an Optometrist
>Sit there and chat with him a bit, he says some of his fellow doctors are making fun of us amongst themselves but that he and a few others think this is all really cool
>Pierre says he has to go back to his hotel room
>Asks the bartender for his tab
> “Oh and put “Caps” bill on mine too, and throw on a shot of the nicest whiskey you’ve got
>Glance over and see his tab was 89$ plus tip
>At least 60$ of that was assuredly mine
>Feelsgoodman
>>
>>10900033
based
>>
>>10898726
>wearing goth or just fucking black and having retards spit at my feet and call me an emo
Too real. In my experience it's always teenaged boys who do it. Unlike many anons in this thread I have never had negative experiences with grown men, but male teenagers are a fucking plight upon the earth, especially when they're out in droves. I hate those broccoli haired cunts so much. I wear gothic lolita as well as 'regular' goth stuff (tradgoth mostly, teased hair and all) and multiple times one of them has walked over to me to ask 'are you emo? xddd' while his buddies laughed their asses off in the back like it's the funniest shit ever. One time one of them asked me if I slit my wrists (I was wearing a short sleeved blouse that day so anyone who isn't blind would have been able to see that I obviously don't). Another time some middle school looking kid straight up pulled on my skirt and asked me why I was wearing 'a weird dress' like that. Clockwork Orange is spot on with its depiction of teen boys as shitty little menaces because they really are.
>>
>>10900216
Emos are also a BLIGHT on the Earth and so are semi-literate autopedo cosplayers
>>
>>10900408
Lose the perm, broccoloid kun. It doesn't suit you.
>>
>>10900033
incredibly based. My dad likes to tell me about the star trek con he walked into once, and the klingon cosplayer who he thought was really cool. he brings it up any time he sees a con coming up. You may well go on to be that klingon if Pierre's kid ends up doing the same.
>>
>>10900030
Where "prevalent" here means "barely existent and run by a black man who expresses their extremism through civil interviews".
But I guess that does make them pure LARPers.
>>
>>10900426
Hatred of emos peaked in 2005, you're exposing yourself
>>
The first time I wore lolita outside it was odd. On my way down the elevator one of my neighbors,a middle age woman, was absolutely enthralled by my coord. She asked to take my picture and she was super sweet. As I walked around the nearby park I got both compliments and rude comments. One group having a picnic all stared at me and loudly compared me to Annabelle. At one point some men started filming me and when I confronted them, refused to stop. I ended up running away into a little cafe nearby. The server was a teenage girl who was super nice and we struck a conversation. After that day I didn’t wear lolita for months but when I regained my confidence I stopped being worried about strangers in public. It just takes practicing
>>
File: IMG_3828.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>10900485
Tacti-tard trying to downplay the Proud Boys detected, don’t worry I can only hurt your feelings no matter how incorrectly you place your plate carrier and try to hide your poverty tier ruger LCP without nightsights

At least you admit they’re all LARPers though
>>
>>10900544
Downplay nothing, you are a retard who can't stop watching television and will not think for yourself, I don't even own a gun currently, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>10900030
And then everybody got up and clapped.
>>
>>10900216
>teenagers are a fucking plight upon the earth, especially when they're out in droves. I hate those broccoli haired cunts so much
Honestly so relateable that it triggered my flight or fight response.
>>
>>10898734
I’ve had a very similar experience to your uni one, except the girl was apparently a cosplayer who told me she wished she had the confidence to wear her cosplay to school like I did. I was wearing otome…
>>
>>10899970
Cope.
>>
>>10900790
Pedo
>>
>>10900811
nothing about jojifuku is inherently pedophilic. yes, if you're going to do a sexually suggestive photoshoot in full mezzo piano with a randoseru, you're a freak and should be exterminated. but it's a nostalgia-inspired fashion at its core, and there's nothing pedophilic about just wearing the clothes as long as you're normal about it.
>>
>>10900811
You are retarded. Kys.
>>
>>10900818
It's clothing, you prude shit.
>>
>>10900818
They’re clothes made for children. You’re most likely getting them secondhand so they’ve been worn by children before. Even short women and western teenagers look like shit in them. Despite having childish motifs, sweet lolita is at least made for women. It’s cut differently. When someone wears jojifuku you can tell it’s not made for them and it always looks like age play.
>>
>>10900785
Aww, on one hand that is sweet, in the other hand it sucks that your otome outfit got misread as cosplay.
>>
>>10900785
Reminds me of something I did over a decade ago. I was at an anime convention and I was looking for some lolitas to hang out with, but I couldn't find anyone else in lolita (small new convention). I was wearing a cookie cutter coord made with btssb's babydoll jsk in the black and white colorway. Then this woman runs up with what I immediately recognised was a Milky Ange dress (an old brand that made maid cosplay and lolita items, but their lolita pieces were often too costumey) in a floral pattern in vomit colors. Terrible outfit, but still obviously an attempt at lolita. She was also looking for lolitas to talk to and compliments my outfit. I knew that she was trying to wear lolita, but because I was full of disdain for people "doing it wrong" I said "thank you, I like your cosplay". She went red with anger and yelled that it was a legitimate lolita brand and that she was wearing lolita. I just said "okay" and walked away as if I thought she was crazy. I was very angry in my late teens, and that's one of the most bitchy things I have ever done. It used to make me angry when I saw someone "doing it wrong".
>>
>>10900847
lol this was so autistic nonna. good on you for defending the integrity of the fashion though
>>
>>10900867
It's so funny now when I see a younger comm member get enraged and go full keyboard warrior at the sight of someone misrepresenting lolita. I used to get angry like that, now I no longer feel like that and I don't fully understand why some of us get like that. It could be the autism.

The other mean and very stupid thing I did was that I once publicly shamed an obese woman wearing one of those meta tiered shirring jsks, who stretched out the shirring completely, who had greasy hair, no lolita appropriate hair style, nothing else about her outfit was lolita, she wore nothing under or over the jsk, she proudly referred to herself as a "max capacity girl" and she shared it on one of the outfit sharing sites. In my mind this was a great stain on the image of lolita fashion, and the only way to get the world right again was to post it to one of the groups I was in. I was so sure people would agree with me and we would all complain about the state of lolita fashion these days. If this had worked out the way I thought then I would have felt better, but she still would not have seen it so would not have gotten the urge to improve herself. I really had not thought it through. It's an absolute miracle that I wasn't kicked out of the group. The post was quickly removed, the mod probably took pity on me and saw that I was a dumb teen so she gave me a stern talking to about being accepting of different bodies, instead of kicking me out.

It was very dumb of me. In my defence I've never had a problem with fat people in lolita as long as the coord is good. I've never had a problem with people who don't wear brand either as long as the coord is good. It's easy to dismiss it as "brand elitist who fat shames, just a teen who wants to be on top of the food chain and be the mean girl in her new hobby ". Not only is that inaccurate, the reality is much dumber. Like a lego autist who gets angry at the existence of knock off legos.
>>
>>10900818
jojifuku is japanese ageplay. it's not a fashion. it's only ever been seen as ageplay or bodycheck anachan shit.
>>
File: IMG_2367.jpg (86 KB, 896x906)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>10900667
>I don’t even own a gun currently

Maybe you should and blow your brains out, keep making excuses for your retard militia faggot
>>
>>10900876
Get better bait.
>>
>>10900885
Get some clothes that actually fit you
>>
>>10900885
NTA but it's not bait, it's pretty common knowledge at this point. Most of the photos on twitter were from gravure/porn shoots, and not just snaps of girls wearing it. And personal blogs were bragging about fitting into smaller and smaller child's sizes. Japanese girls aren't pure innocent beings who are incapable of fetishizing something. And Japan is obsessed with sexualizing young women and girls.
>>
>>10900906
Sexualizing clothing that's worn by some people is not sexualizing the people, because the people aren't wearing the fucking clothing in the pictures. Hope this helps, puriteen-chan.
>>
>>10900901
Smells like fatty cope in here.
>>
male here

no one is sexualizing you lolita cunts

trust
>>
>>10900949
what the fuck are you talking about? we're saying that jojifuku isn't a fashion but a fetish trend. you're basically saying that sissy can be a fashion. freak.
>>
>>10900830
I am >>10899964 and I collect mezzo piano AND sweet lolita pieces, and this statement simply isn’t true. I don’t own a lot of angel blue or Daisy lovers pieces so I cannot speak on that area. but I do own Mezzo Piano size 140-160 clothes and I can confirm 160 is as big (and cut the same way) as angelic pretty pieces. I’m taking a good guess and saying your plus size or averagely built, so you wouldn’t have experience with that type of sizing.
>>
>>10900957
(Adding On): Anything below 140 is kind of a slippery slop imo. Sometimes the sleeves will be to small or the width will be like a size 110, If your genuinely scared to buy a MP piece its best you don’t.
>>
>>10900957
I don’t have experience with that type of sizing because I don’t wear used children’s clothing. I’ll believe they fit you, it’s still going to look like age play because you might wear clothes for 13 year olds but you’re not actually 13. Also I know it’s your only argument but I weigh 37 kg, anachan. Go back to counting calories instead of larping as a child.
>>
File: IMG_7710.jpg (160 KB, 768x1044)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>10900979
Sorry your a dwarf and everyone mistakes you for a child lmao
>>
>>10900984
If everyone were to mistake me as a child I would at least not look like an age player while wearing jojifuku. Shouldn’t that be your dream as well? Or do you like it to look like a fetish after all?
>>
>>10900953
>we're saying that jojifuku isn't a fashion but a fetish trend

And you're retarded for saying that.

>you're basically saying that sissy can be a fashion. freak.
Sissy clothing is literal sex wear on the same level as a pup mask or leash. Do you make false equivalencies like that every day? I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with you.
>>
>>10900979
I hope you hold all cute pastel clothing to that exact standard, you hypocrite bitch.
>>
>>10900993
>on the same level as a pup mask or leash.
anon people wear these with clothing, not as fetishwear, did you miss how tons of fetishwear is included in other jfash? jojifuku isn't a fashion, it's ageplay.
>>
File: image[1].png (15 KB, 621x372)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>10900993
Anon, you realize that if you look up adults in jojifuku in japanese you only get porn, right? 大人なのに女児服着てる
And things like this on a blog for a lolicon fetish cafe in Akiba.
>https://ameblo.jp/inyamori/entry-12302954725.html
>#legal loli
Adult women in Japan wear this as an ageplay fetish. Period.
>>
>>10901006
i'm not going to post all the diaper stuff and panty shots, but there are a LOT of diapers and panty shots.
>>
>>10901006
Willingly ignoring why jojifuku exists (nostalgia) doesn't magically make it fetishwear.
>>
>>10901001
>Fetishwear can be jfashion!!!
>jojufuku is fetishwear!!!

Buddy...
>>
>>10901012
>>10901011
Adults wear it as an ageplay fetish, just like how western girls wear sweet lolita as part of their ageplay fetish. Is this so hard? It's the context. Also the term jojifuku just simply means girl's clothes, wearing it as an adult is the fetish part. Just like how diapers aren't just for fetishists, but are worn by them. Wearing jojifuku as an adult is synonymous with being an ageplayer. Sorry about your ageplay brainrot.
>>
>>10901012
the point is that fetish wear is contextual and 99% of adult women in jojifuku are wearing it as ageplay, i have yet to see any evidence otherwise. diapers and maid outfits and school uniforms and many other things are worn AS a fetish, but aren't MADE for that, but still are USED for that. jojifuku is the same. wear it if you like i guess but you're just dressing like japanese "legal lolis"
>>
>>10901011
Damn anon, Japan has so many other cute clothes but you willingly choose to take child's clothing away from fat girls who need to wear it.
>>
>>10901011
cute right?
>>
File: 51kPqA4da-L[1].jpg (34 KB, 333x500)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>10901017
oh wait, it's porn. how kawaii, many nostalgia!
>>
>>10901019
oh no i thought it was pure! who could have done this?
>>
File: EP77duIUYAA9whB[1].jpg (110 KB, 799x1200)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>10901020
you were right anon, sexualized jojifuku is totally not real!
>>
>>10901022
>>10901020
>>10901019
>>10901017
Do some of you bitches actually wear this shit? Hot.
>>
>>10901022
nayrt but no one is saying that jojifuku isn’t worn to fuel creeps’ ageplay fetishes. that doesn’t mean that wearing size 160 mezzo piano automatically makes you a pedophile. i never see fairy kei get dogpiled like this, when many fairy kei and jojifuku outfits are indistinguishable from each other.

>but the context in japan!!!!!
japan isn’t the end all be all, retard. subcultures grow and develop through cultural exchange, dialogue, and diverse takes on the same concept.
>>
>>10901027
>nayrt but no one is saying that jojifuku isn’t worn to fuel creeps’ ageplay fetishes. that doesn’t mean that wearing size 160 mezzo i never see fairy kei get dogpiled like this, when many fairy kei and jojifuku outfits are indistinguishable from each other.

don't try and use logic on these people, it'll melt their brains.
>>
>>10901027
There's a difference between picking up some clothes that were technically made for children that fit you and your general aesthetic, and partaking in a fashion solely based around wearing children's clothes, and calling the style "little girl clothes"
>>
>>10901027
anon, that was literally the argument. the beginning of this conversation was one anon saying that as a heads up most jojifuku in japan is a fetish, which is true. in fact this adult in girl's clothing trend is what made jfash brands worry about otaku in harajuku. also fairy kei is like other japanese kawaii fashions and made for adults with them in mind, not for children. a big part of the issue with jojifuku is that the clothing is clothing for children, it's not made for another demographic, and since it's made for children it incites reactions by people who think that children's clothing should be left alone and not used in literal porn. and i'd argue that the way jojifuku is regarded in JAPAN, the place where japanese children wear these clothes and are subjected to porn when looking up brands on the internet is more important than some westerner's obsession.
>>
>>10901029
You should probably read the thread, anons were saying just that up thread. That's how the whole argument started. An anon was trying to explain that the "women in jojifuku" trend was mainly ageplay and related porn in Japan and she went off because she can't cope with it.
>>
>>10901030
what's funnier is jojifuku isn't even the name of the style, it's called 人なのに女児服着てる which vaguely translates to wearing jojifuku as an adult. jojifuku is the actual term to look for clothing for your girl children.
>>
>>10901033
>人なのに女児服着てる
Calling that a style instead of a porn tag is generous
>>
>>10901034
i mean, kawaii pateen and kera call it 人なのに女児服着てる
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYLtcGXqDYA
>>
>>10901036
This is actually really fucking creepy, trying to look like a literal little girl and giving tips on how to do so is really uncomfortable. This isn't like fairy kei at all, anons. I apologize.
>>
>>10901036
>>10901037
the comments on this video are disabled for a reason. this is freakish.
>>
>>10901039
It also mentions the thing about losing weight to wear the larger sizes, like anon mentioned earlier. Very creepy. I was defending it as a nostalgia thing but I guess I didn't realize that it entailed going to lengths to look like a child. The way she describes doing the hair messy very weird. Wanting to wear cute or childish clothing seems a bit different from this.
>>
>>10901037
doesn't help that the model was a former gravure idol.
>>
File: Screenshot 2024-01-27.png (1.07 MB, 1527x856)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
the comments on her ig are creepy as hell too
>>
>>10901040
Wanting to look childlike is not unique to jojifuku.
>>
File: IMG_7865.jpg (160 KB, 810x1080)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
It’s actually kind of funny seeing people ruin an entire thread just because of one tiny post where I mention I wear jojifuku (AND other jfashions), it just shows how retarded some of these people are. If you get to the core of it, you begin to realize that mezzo piano is literally just a kid’s version of jfashion. And it manages to make you this mad. I can’t imagine going up to a someone wearing a 160 bear shirt from mp and saying “This is a fetish!!” Because someone years ago sexualized it.
>>
>>10901091
>years ago
I regret to inform you the Japanese are still doing it right now
you're not understanding the difference between fairy kei that is a legitimate fashion style made for adults that some users wear as a fetish vs jojifuku which is inherently sexual ageplay fetishwear for porn.
>>
>>10901091
Wearing “jojifuku” as an entire fashion is cringe and naive at best. I don’t even have a problem with people wearing some clothes from kids brands if the size is fitting, but “jojifuku” as a style you wear and not just a supplement to a real aesthetic has some pretty obvious implications
>>
>>10901091
>It’s actually kind of funny seeing people ruin an entire thread just because of one tiny post where I mention I wear jojifuku
you've been replying to them and arguing with them. it wasn't "one tiny post" when you're also contributing to shitting up the thread. and vacuum your carpet ffs
>>
I mostly wear casual/classic lolita that can be mistaken for vintage/cottagecore at a glance which means I tend to blend in, and I live in a country where people are naturally averse to talking to strangers so if anyone has any problems with it they keep it to themselves. I also live in a small town (less than 5000 people) which mostly consists of retired people and families with young children so I don't get any obnoxious teens bothering me either. In fact most positive feedback I have gotten is from senior citizens who see my frilly blouses and long skirts and are reminded of clothes they wore when they were young which is pretty wholesome.
>>
>>10901103
Obsessed.
>>
>>10901105
the only obsession here is the one you have with stealing used clothes from mothers shopping for their elementary school aged children. Seethe though
>>
>>10901108
You sound like a mom that would kick a teenager because they picked out the cabbage patch kid you wanted.
>>
>>10901246
nice retarded projection but i'm not the one buying things meant for literal children.
>>
>>10901253
No regular everyday parent is buying their kids 50$+ used tshirts. Get a fucking grip and a taste of reality.
>>
>>10901274
In Japan they would, parents regularly buy their children brand name clothing to wear
>>
>>10901274
>50$+ used tshirts
You mean the price that was driven up by retarded adults like you buying children's clothing? How about you get a grip, dumbass?
>>
>>10901006
I imagine the ones wearing it for non-pornographic reasons don't want their pictures posted because someone will jerk off to it. It is true a sizable amount aren't actually wearing it as fetish wear. Once women become a certain age, they're expected to stop liking the things they liked when they were little. Women's fashion gives way to either sexy styles, office wear, or toned down renditions of what they liked when they were children. Yeah, one pretty well-known model who was interviewed ended up being clearly into pedo-ageplay stuff... but quite many are not. Yes, a lot of the more easily found shots take place at a studio pretty well known for catering to a certain crowd and obviously you'd catch my drift. Some of the wearers though, the way it caught media attention, simply just don't feel that women have to stop dressing a certain way just because they're older. All people in this thread are asking you to understand is not every woman in Mezzo Piano is a damn pedo or would appreciate you asking if they're into diapers because they're not.

A lot of the wearers are just 18-19 year old girls who can still fit into the largest sizes who... like cutesy clothing with no sexuality about it whatsoever, like, not attaching clothing to whipping your pussy out anymore than a pantsuit is about whipping it out just because your wearing it. Does that make sense? You may say, "Well, the latter is bodycheck anachan shit."

Well, that's not pedo, is it?
>>
>>10901006
That might not of been you saying 'bodycheck anachan shit', sorry. Direct that toward... that one post because it is also something brought up. It's kind of hard to fit in Mezzo Piano unless you're a 17 year old thin teenager who hasn't gotten hips yet. Gets kind of hard in your late 20's. Concerns some have starved themselves are there... but honestly that's been a concern in Japan as a whole without women trying to fit into kids' clothing.
>>
Also, a reminder we're talking about a Japanese fashion and cosplay board, key point on cosplay, in which every damn lingerie store out there is selling a variant of the Japanese elementary school uniform in the U.S. and Europe... not even the high school version, the elementary school version. Or did you trolls just gloss over that. If not, is that for some reason 'different' in your minds?
>>
>>10901306
It comes from porn. There's a reason if you look up the term you get mostly porn. Even Japanese alternative fashion wearers understand that it comes from porn and have said as much. It's not just one bad actor or one popular studio; a majority of content in Japan for the "style" is pornographic.

>>10901308
no that's weird and gross too
>>
>>10898781

It's always the older people. Am Scote who does ouji, and it's always the older women who ends up complementing me!
>>
>>10901306
In japan there is such a huge amount of clothing made for adult women that looks cute that you don't need to dress only in clothing made for actual kids unless you're weird. Women who wear a few pieces incidentally aren't calling it jojifuku or centering their entire style around wearing clothes made for children because that's fucking weird. Anyone who uses the term is doing it for porn/fetish, or is a dumb westerner that latches onto every term they vaguely heard was j-fashion because they think is cool
>>
>>10901291
Cope seethe and mald, retard. Retail is first come first serve and it always has been.
>>
>>10901376
You heard it here folks, giving a name to the clothing you like makes it weird.
>>
>>10901386
A whole fashion that’s literally just wearing clothes meant for little girls is weird yes,
>>
>>10901389
Only if you're a puriteen tiktokfag.
>>
>>10901385
>>10901390
mad as fuck that people think you're a freak
>>
>>10901390
not wanting to wear ageplay porn sex clothes doesn't make us puritans, it makes us normal
>>
>>10901390
no, it's weird because the culture around it is thinly veiled ageplay. you've been shown countless evidence of that. if you like ageplay fine but admit it.
>>
>>10901489
>>10901422
>>10901420
Samefag loser kek
>>
File: Screenshot 2024-02-02.png (7 KB, 428x141)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>10901749
jojifuku fags are so retarded it's unreal
>multiple people can't disagree with me... s-samefag loser!
but sure, everyone who disagrees with you is the same person. cope however you want to really. whatever helps you sleep at night knowing your "fashion inspo" comes from grown women creating porn emulating small children
>>
>>10901755
Nayrt but anyone that likes wearing mezzo piano pieces knows damn well that the majority of /cgl/ hates our guts, they just automatically assume we are pedos or age players. Why can’t we just put this conversation to rest, we’ve been talking about it for like 3 years at this point.
>>
>>10901757
Literally no one cares if you wear mezzo piano pieces, but if you’re calling it jojifuku and the appeal for you is that it’s clothes for children then that’s weird and cringey. If you don’t want to feel persecuted just stop using a literal porn term to describe your fashion choices
>>
>>10901755
cry moar. samefag, puriteen, and fatty cope all in one.
>>
>>10901942
it's fitting you wear clothes made for children when you throw tantrums like one.
>>
>>10901949
Ironic that I'm not the one crying here.
>>
>>10898718
one woman flipped up my skirt in a restroom of a teahouse, didn't say nothing and just skated out like nbd didn't even wash her gd hands.
>I wAnTeD tO SeE WHaT WaS uNDer ThErE

The more tame the outfit the more tame the reactions both good and bad, but I've got some wack people, I live in a very nosy in your business town, middle sized city in ca. People are less confrontational nowadays post covid, but in my goth outfits I generally get left alone more anyway.
Right now I'm in less lolita than before, but I use nice pieces that stand out and those net easy compliments.
>>
>>10901006
>And things like this on a blog for a lolicon fetish cafe in Akiba.
tell me more about this place... so i can avoid it on my next trip.. heh ;;;;;;;;;
>>
>>10902025

I remember feeling insane the first time someone flipped my skirt up, and then nearly every other lolita I told the story to said that it happened to them as well. I'll never understand people who think it's fine to grab strangers.

The pics and whispers and shit are all one thing but you touch my burando you lose your hando. The woman that grabbed my skirt got mad at me when I slapped her hands away and told her off like I was the crazy one rather than the withered Marlborough housewife who just upended my dress.
>>
>>10902064
It hasn't happened yet but I'm paranoid desu
>>
>>10902073

Fingers crossed that the people around you know how to behave like adults, nonny-chan
>>
>> be me
>> girl day with friends
>> simplistic all-black coord with low poof
>> putzing around local science museum
>> go to restroom
>> mother with daughter comes into restroom
>> mother starts asking questions
>> "Oh haha this is just what I look like when I'm not at work!"
>> mother asks where this style "comes from"
>> "Little House on the Prarie got popular in Japan in the 1970's and the fashion evolved, that's all!"
>> mother asks "Oh so this is cult wear? You're in a cult?"
>> wat
>> laugh it off and skedaddle

What did she mean by this?
>>
>be me
>leaving mall
>wearing thrown together yumekawaii coord
>get approached by nice older couple
>"how old are you?"
>23
>"oh! we thought you were 12! i was wondering where your parents were"

every fucking time.
>>
>>10902366
>wear clothes that make you look like a child
>how could people think I'm a child?
>>
>>10902366
that's cause ur a womanlet
>>
>>10902366
I like your style, in an aesthetic way and in a coomy way, what do you want to tell me about it?
>>
>>10901017
>>10901019
>>10901020
>>10901022
oh boy a one way trip to coomtown
>>
>>10900876
there's people with peter pan syndrome, that and wishes they could go back to school time and have massive orgies with all the girls or boys they liked back then
it's not a fucking crime everyone half human literally has this to greater or lesser extent
>>
Has anyone ever had experiences of randoms thinking your lolita was a fetish thing?
>>
>>10902403
I think this is not an uncommon assumption.
>>
>>10901390
>puriteen
hag is mad underages on tiktok think she’s a ddlg pedo freak
>>
>>10902398
nah
>>
>>10898726
S
>>
>>10902398
um no you fucking freak
>>
>> be me
>> planning on wearing lolita to low-key art event
>> nervous

It gets easier, right nonnas?
>>
>>10904438
Your frills are your armor, be brave anon
>>
>>10904438
Yes
>>10902403
No
>>
>>10899916
maybe a way to get out of it would be to volunteer to take a picture of the comm as well, then send it to the group so it seems like youre doing everyone a favor.
>>
>>10899916
carry a fan in your purse to cover your face for photos. doesn't some lolita celebrity like Kira Imai do it?
>>
>>10904438
It does. And also you don't have to go full OTT. Just a blouse or a cutsew and a jsk with low poof is pretty "safe", especially in an artsy crowd that's going to be more used to seeing and wearing alternative fashion anyways.
>>
>>10904438

I'm this anon. I went all out and had a total blast; I got loads of compliments from normies and even a few other lolitas who weren't currently dressed up.

Thank you, gulls.
>>
>>10904631
I'm happy you had fun. May you continue to have fun wearing lolita and make many nice memories.
>>
>>10902469
>Hag
Sounds like you're mad you're not cute enough to wear it and projecting. Maybe you should get some help for that.
>>
>>10902395
Arguably beneficial for jfashion.
>>
>>10905133
hag is triggered
>>
>>10905136
Cope harder, uggo-chan.
>>
>>10898818
>>homeless tweaker sparking his lighter repeatedly at my face, and asking “you CIA? Hey, you CIA? You got good training, huh?”
anon you met king terry
>>
>>10900030
anon, proud boys are all feds. Its literally a honeypot
>>
I've been getting a lot of people telling me that my clothes are nice while wearing lolita.

I had one experience that stood out a little bit, maybe because it may have been my earliest experience of this kind, someone said I looked nice, and asked if I was wearing a traditional national costume, and I explained that it was a style from Japan.
>>
>>10905734
Wrong
>>
>>10898718
Wow
>>
>>10902398
>”gee, I sure wish I could go back in time to fuck children”
why are coomers so mentally ill

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.