[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Battler_and_Manager_A.png (1.15 MB, 1920x1184)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
The biggest one (Anime North) is hardly relevant and only has washed up VAs, random indie vtubers, or just straight up completely unknown people as their guests. The vendors are mostly just people reselling cheap stuff from taobao or stolen prints.

It feels so shittily put together that I think I'll just not buy a ticket and instead stroll around outside taking pictures of cool cosplays. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but the grass always seems greener on the other side.

On a side note, if anybody's into Project Moon stuff, please hit me up, I... I wanna make friends.
>>
because canada is fucking bad. it's either the middle of nowhere or horrible overpopulated cities with nothing of tourist interest. it doesn't help that every annoying congoer personality is cranked up to max. we're embarrassing.
>>
I came up last year to vist a friend and ill be back this year. Most American cons are the same with the bad guests and vendor rooms. Only a few cons in America get any Japanese guests so it seems kinda normal.

But I do get not paying for a badge after attending, That grass area is the spot everyone hangs out at anyways, probably the best place to see all the cosplayers.
>>
>>10904283
Come to the Truck con in the parking lot instead.
>>
>>10904520
This, it's the only worthwhile event at AN.
>>
File: at.png (25 KB, 534x535)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>10904520
>>10905090
Truck will be real special this year. You haven't seen anything yet.
>>
>>10905128
will that cute astolfo with the eyeliner wings be there again
>>
>>10905199
this nigga zesty
>>
>>10905199
No, we have it on good authority he died of AIDS. The bathroom meetup is probably more your speed.
>>
>>10904520
So hyped for this!!!!!111

>>10904501
American cons are way better. What are you talking about?
>>
>>10905206
Aside from AX, which cons? I've found that most are the exact same shit.
>>
>>10904283
Artist Alley/Pro Plaza has a handful of actual good fanartists and original artists but I admit it's not enough to justify the badge price when most of them have online stores. Panels are forgettable unless you're super into some specific niche. On the bright side the gaming room will be in the main hotel/con hall instead of buried away in the sheraton. Spend your money on Otakuthon/Anirevo or other small local events instead
>>
>>10905128
Please make sure there's no fucking retards with road flares this year. My friend almost got hurt from those and i heard others had costumes damaged.
>>
>>10905269
skill issue
>>
>>10904283
>Project Moon
please be a girl
>>
>>10904283
i been gettin my ass beat by lobcorp on and off for like 2 years now, best i can do for ya
>>
>>10905269
I know who you're talking about.
He paid for the damage of that girl's dress despite him not being the actual individual who may have burnt it without realizing.
There were two people who were holding road flares. Another guy was being a lot more careless waiving it more vapidly like a light stick.
Regardless, issue is long resolved on good terms between both parties.
>>
>>10904520
>>10905128
What the fuck is the truck con?
>>
>>10907917
The only reason to go to anime north
>>
>>10904283
Anirevo is better
>>
>>10904283
somewhat unrelated but i hear comicon this year was vile. canada might just in general be cursed to have terribly run cons

>>10907917
truck at the back of the parking lot with music and occasionally drinks
i went once two years ago but was too shy to talk to anyone haha, but it looked like everyone else was having fun
>>
>>10904283
What do people even talk to VAs about? I'm too awkward.
Isn't the point of vtubers hiding your face because you're too ugly/male?
What's the obsession with vendor halls? It's all shit you can buy online instead of wasting time in a packed smelly room.
>>
>>10908207
The hell happened at comicon?
>>
anime north is pretty shit and too far out with nothing remotely decent as side attractions, i say this as a toronto resident.
every should just ditch it and make TCAF an unofficial con. they actually had talent attend like junji ito.
>>
>>10908576
Pickpockets, clueless security guards, creeps
>>
I'm hoping to see the Madoka and Janna I saw last year
>>
File: an party meet tiers.jpg (1.73 MB, 2448x4007)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.