[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1488.jpg (429 KB, 828x529)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
Old thread: >>10903515

Featured Idols: Nonsweet CA
>>
>>10917597
Is the blonde one a troon or? There's some white girls who can pull off idol looks but wow she looks so out of place, big and awkward.
>>
>>10917597
Will I see any gulls at their show tomorrow?
>>
>>10917825
she looks fine. she just looks tall in comparison to the other members who are really short.
>>
File: IMG_6109.jpg (593 KB, 828x1358)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
Stupid question but how did she blow up the way she did? It feels like she’s in every LA event
>>
>>10917955
because she pretends to be a loli as a grown adult woman and moids and weeaboos eat that up
>>
>>10917955
Because of all the degenerates and neckbeards and people who’ve never heard of hygiene or deodorant hyping her up. She’s super overrated and people calling her an ‘idol’ are wrong. She’s a cosplay dancer, but not an ‘idol’ really. There’s a huge difference between an idol and a person dancing around in some costume stuff.
>>
>>10917961
God i regret not jumping on that and getting those neckbeard buxx.
>>
>>10917970
exactly. She is a good dancer though unfortunately and she IS good looking, but I can't with the loli shit.
>>
>>10918094
It’s like she’s purposely doing that stuff at this point jfc…. I’ve also been to one of her events on accident once and I don’t think anybody in the crowd knows what a shower is. Nonnie was right about the stench and hygiene stuff.
>>
Thank you for making a new thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEftcw6lfB0
>>
>>10918195
Featuring a turkey-necked middle aged man in this vid sure was a choice. Can't even see his face but can tell from the neck/body that he's old af. They don't know a single young guy they could've used instead? Is it one of their dads? Weird
>>
>>10918335
I'd love to hear about what you've accomplished in life lmfao
>>
>>10918335
he just looks like a tech dude, and is probably around the actual age of the members. The more neutral he looks the better as the viewer, esp male, can insert himself as the chatacter. You sound 12 lol.
>>
>>10918335
Get off TikTok and go outside for once
>>
>>10918342
>>10918377
>>10918457
t. butthurt scrotes, probably look as bad as the moid from the video
>>
>>10918459
You done being a white savior for internet brownie points?
>>
>>10917825
No, none of them are
>>10918335
I think the actor is probably their regular photographer
>>
>>10918342
>>10918377
>>10918457
Hope you get help for your daddy issues. Supporting gross postwall moids on the internet won't make daddy love you more
>>
>>10918800
Go touch grass
>>
>>10918800
You just sound jealous that he's in a position you wish you were in ir something. Like this is cgl, the idol thread at that, mostly non-moids here and if there is a moid they usually make weird comments about people's appearances. You must be the real moid.
>>
[Kaigai Idol News Roundup]
>Non Sweet completed their first one man live. Will appear at Tokyo Idol Festival as guests of their producer SHUN. Full album release later this year with existing singles and 3 new songs.
>Paida joining Babybeard tour as opening act in Australia.
>Multiple aussie idol groups are also getting featured in the Babybeard tour.
>Phoebe is now fully into the 2.5D dual identity with her Ami Amami frog vtuber persona. Planning multiple appearances at various cons.
>Former australian idols Gumi and Ria are living in japan performing as the duo Crazy Fantasy.
>>
>>10919275
Thank you for the update!!
>>
>>10919275
thanks slowtaku !
>>
>>10919275
Don't forget.
>Berry-chan illegally working in Japan on a tourist visa.
>>
dead community
>>
>>10919725
Could you explain this? How do you know she’s performing illegally? /genq
>>
>>10919725
the scrap money underground idols make is barely enough to even be considered getting in trouble with the law. There is no way she's making taxable income.
>>
>>10919275
cant wait to see paida being awkward as fuck while talking on stage once again. how did she even make it that big with those looks and that random ass attitude she has going on
>>
>>10920219
Aw someone's projecting
>>
miyu simpson
>>
>>10920219
I think Paida is incredible. I love her music. Her stage presence is okay, and I wish she polished her choreography more, but just the fact alone that she is a hobbiest who can sing while dancing without sounding super out of breath is impressive to me. She isnt a professional, so its unfair to hold her to that standard. Her passion and love for her work is so obvious in everything she does, I cant help but root for her.
>>
>>10919275
A bunch of kaigai idols performed in Japanese within the past few weeks:
>Berry performing at 2 taibans
>Marmalade, J from Aquarius, Pan Ranger, and Steffi featured at ADEN’s last live in Japan
>Wooly performing at a taiban

>>10920302
>A hobbyist
She is literally signed to Fake Star and is doing this on a professional level.
It’s fair to say she needs improvement on stage. It’s hard when she only performs a few times per year. I hope she’ll tighten up her stage presence while touring.
>>
>>10920219
people relate to her awkwardness because they find ut endearing and are probably awkward too.
>>
>>10920302
it's not her hobby because she does this full time. she doesn't work at a day job and uses all her time for idol content. which is surprising why her stage presence isn't more tight and more confident with all the free time she has.
>>
>>10920302
the amount of clout she has is a bit overboard though honestly. i dont vibe with her at all but i guess thats a crime to say in this community now. there are much better dancers and better vocalists than her, more good looking performers with greater stage presence and music is arguable. her music is nice but i cant bring myself to like her much
>>
>>10920320
well fair but thats not the point of being an idol
>>
>>10920332
it is for jpop! maybe in kpop where everyone is a robot its not cute to be awkward, but in jpop? yes. i don't know how people miss this distinction.
>>
>>10920314
did anyone see any of these performances? how were they?

>>10920356
k-poppies have irreparably damaged the overseas idol community.
>>
>>10920332
the point of being an idol is sharing your growth journey with an audience.

objectively, it would be nice if paida did get better stamina and confidence for lives. however, ultimately not everyone will appeal to everyone. she deserves her success because she has a clear artistic vision for her work and has been consistently working on idol stuff since the mid 2010s.

I think her success and other idol's success who you think are better can co-exist. so for the ones who tou think deserve more recognition, be a better fan and push for them to grow too by sharing their content more and giving them supportive comments and more engagement.
>>
forgive me i don’t know how to type on this site all that well. but i did see some small idol cover groups in a convention i went to recently and i’ve completely fallen in love with it all. legit all of it, from the audience having light sticks and cheering the group on, to the dance and outfits of the group. i want to dive head first into everything but don’t know how/where to start. any ideas/help? i want to get into the community in every way possible.
>>
>>10920593
Get on discord and join the international idol network (IIN). You can find the link to join through their Instagram.
>>
>>10920593
Here’s a list of servers you can join

The idol list
Luminary idol network
Free Idol Project
Tri State Idol Union
Idolconnect
Idols Galore
Texas Idol Directory
Southern Idol Directoru
Server for NWIF

You can look these up on Instagram and they’ll pop up and the invite links should be in their bio somewhere! Hope this helps!
>>
>>10920219
what attitude? she's literally so friendly. Awkward at times, yes, but she takes her music seriously.
>>
how do we feel about the new perry/prismic may/reso vi idol trio? charmaffect is a dumb name but I can forgive them if they're good

they've only announced perry so far but the color scheme and the fact that the three of them have been doing cover videos for a while, it's obvious
>>
>>10921018
agreed Im not a fan of the name charm affect. I also was able to guess who the three members were. Probably just another temporary 'group' that will eventually disband in a year. Also what's with the AI thing on their logo post?? Did they use AI to come up with the logo??
>>
>>10921030
I really hope they can stick around. I really like May and hope she can have another long lasting group to be in to show her skills more. I also like Vi more post-reso. Perry is someone I'm a bit unfamiliar with, but I'm gonna assume that they're at the sane level as May and Vi.
>>
>>10921046
*same, although same level of sanity would be good too kek
>>
i really want to become an idol and i can already sing, dance and have good stage presence from my background in competitive dance and music theater. i however dont have an idea how to market myself in this community and what to post in what quantity. i know idols with only selfies/images or only covers on their profile. what do you guys think is the most effective way to lead an idol profile without a gimmick character?
>>
>>10921116
Just create actual content (dance/song covers/music)and follow the example of popular idols and you're already way ahead. But don't expect to get a bunch of followers quickly. Many idols in the community have been building their audience for YEARS.
>>
I've recently noticed how paidas singing in some songs sounds like she's yelling
>>
>>10921018
all ive learned from this debut is that vi has gotten uglier
>>
>>10921256
She now looks your typical pride/nonbinary/liberal newgen.
>>
>>10921273
They also use all pronouns and are non-monogamal. A conservative's nightmare lol
>>
I think I'm looking forward to Metro rocks lineup more than the idol fest...but personally I'm tired of cosplay groups.
>>
>>10920267
what is that shirt
>>
>>10921448
It’s the special edition of the anime girl art T-shirt they’re selling that they wore at their one man live. Each member had a version with only themselves on it that they wore during encore. I really wish they sold them like that as well, you could make a cute oshi outfit with it.
>>
>>10921277
probably everyone except cosplayers themselves are tired of cosgroups in idol shows. they just arent idols period.
>>
>>10920594
>>10920621
Are you serious?
I just want to enjoy this as a spectator/audience, but I have to interact with others?
>>
>>10921801
You said you wanted to get into the community and yet you don't want to actually see and speak to them??? Youll have much better luck finding events/new content and etc through the discords and Instagram pages than asking an anon board.
>>
>>10920593
Go to Japan and experience actual idols first. If you need help on this, maybe visit /jp/ and look up any indie events, although, in the square outside of akihabara station around 5pm you will always find an idol looking to take you to a show.

This way you know going in on any "kaigai" event how much more amateur and sloppy things will be. Afterwards, just go twitter/instagram and search for your area+idol and see where it leads you. From my general experience with discords, dont join them, unless you want to catch cancer.
>>
>>10921985
just say you have a japanse fetish
>>
>>10922101
Not even a fetish, it's just the truth. NAYRT but idols are an industry in japan, and being an idol treated like an actual job. Western indie idols can't compete to a real active industry.
>>
non sweet's new song is giving.... chat gpt generated lyrics
>>
>>10921985
Speaking of which, what is this general doing here and not over at /jp/ anyway? Do they raeg when the idols aren't Japanese?
>>
>>10922205
by no definition do oversea idols belong on /jp/. You might as well start an dub voice actor thread and see how well that goes. The cope you're coping for is /mu/
>>
>>10922205
honestly not really sure why either but they don't really have a more fitting board to post in that wouldn't tear them apart. I just kind of see it as a containment thread.
>>
>>10921487
They’re all also groups, no original soloists besides Auracle and Illixcite which we’ve seen in show after show with Next Stage… I’m getting really tired of the same cosidol groups getting in and then bringing very average performances
>>
>>10922286
If we could bring back any sense of competition in the community then maybe groups would try a little harder. I feel like that's the only reason holmat tends to be on a bigger scale is because it's not only advertised/encouraging to have bigger ideas but also is very competitive to get into with good perks. All we have as far as original group acts goes is like you said...Auracle, and illixcite(whomst finds their way into working with every damn organizer and therefore apparently gets stage rights). And then we seem to now have "charm:affect" but they're not even in any of the events for Metrocon(that I've seen) so I wonder where and what they will debut this summer. And then all the other original soloists are just in Metro Rock this year. I'm also delighted to see Elfoxu in the lineup. She's super talented.
>>
>>10922290
I will say though there are some (very few) cosidol groups that do put on clean and professional performances and you can tell that they do put some effort in
>>
>>10922107
so why compare them at all?
>>
>>10922107
if you've actually followed Japanede underground idol culture more closely, you would see some shitty can't sing can't dance and lack charisma acts too. the only difference is that they are japanese are probably have an eating disorder to stay skinny all while trying to appease pedos cheering them on and feeding into incel fantasies
>>
>>10922313
Examples?
>>
>>10922330
Wait until you realize kaigai idols are the same exact thing and your moral superiority is crushed. You’re just as delusional as the weeaboo.
>>
>>10922359
now show me kaigai idols with unhealthily skinny bodies who act like little children, have old male fans and can't sing/dance for shit
>>
>>10922330
I've seen a fair share of shitty Japanese idol groups of girls that can't sing or dance. That doesn't change what I said though. In Japan, being an idol is a legitimate job with industry backing, culture support, and money. In America, it's an embarrassing hobby that gets you mocked.
>>
>>10922387
people will mock you for anything against the norm. people like nonsweet, phoebe, paida, amuse, etc, there are plenty of people outside of the community who think what they do is cool and there are also people who think it's weird. being a kaigai idol isn't much different than being in a band. not all bands get industry support. a chika idol with no management and no label can't compete well in the huge industry in japan either. her parents or peers could still make fun of her and think she's weird for chasing that dream knowing that the future is unsure.
>>
>>10922359
kaigai idols can suck and kaigai idols can be quite good. moral superiority where? this is all pop music operating at an indie scale. some people will suck and some people will be good. yeah, japan has a proper idol industry so people can get mainstream recognition, but it's not too different from the u.s. music industry where pretty much all big opportunities are controlled by corporate entities.
>>
>>10922397
If you tell people you're in a band in the west, they'll know what that is. Tell people you're an idol, they're going to be confused. That's what I'm talking about as being the difference. Being an idol in Japan is a normal job, being an idol in the west is for the hardcore loser otaku types.
>>
>>10922398
>but it's not too different from the u.s. music industry where pretty much all big opportunities are controlled by corporate entities.
it's totally different. you don't seem to realize how many more resources there are for indie musicians in japan than in large western countries. there's also no industry for kaigai idols to get into. this idol scene doesn't exist outside of japan. there's no point.
>>
>>10922400
NAYRT, this is true...but not impossible. You can get success doing just about anything online these days. As long as you're consistent and make quality content, you can gain a big enough following to become "influencer" level. There's an audience for everything, you just have to find it. And be good at what you do of course. Easy? Not at all. But possible. Although Berry got catapulted into the public eye in an aggressive way, she got enough fans now to help find her projects and make money on TikTok.
>>
>>10922406
fund*
>>
>>10922399
ok so then just say you're an indie pop singer. I mean look there are ways to make people not think it's cringe if you yourself are not cringe. you clearly see zero potential in kaigai idols or indie idols
>>
>>10922400
kaigai idols are turning into indie idols with english songs and appealing to english speaking audiences. while there is no idol industry, people can make their own cult followings happen. things have grown SO much in the past 10 years so things can only grow more.
>>
>>10922409
this does not result in any real success. there are no real examples of this. idols in japan can go pro eventually, there is a ladder to climb.
>>
>>10922424
so that means all the more reason to cheer on high quality kaigai idols so that they can reach success. thank goodness you aren't a kaigai idol yourself because your inability to see things creatively and lack of cheerfulness would make you truly unsuccessful and unappealing.
>>
>>10922408
An indie pop singer is not an idol. You're missing the point.
>>
>>10922399
i don't know about it being "normal." being an idol in japan is 100% pandering to otaku too.
>>
>>10922428
oh right idol is basically being an imaginary girlfriend to pedos and incels. thank god kaigai idols don't have to pander to that crowd solely
>>
>>10922430
yeah and your everyday Japanese person is not going to understand wotagei or understand the ins and outs of idol culture.
>>
You guys seriously underestimate how normie liking idols is in Japan
>>
why does paida have to constantly advertise herself as a female POC for people to pay attention to her? Let your work speak for itself
>>
>>10922489
and shove her tits into our screens
>>
>>10922473
idols are broad though. some people are casual listeners because idol music like sakurazaka46 is mainstream, but not all are die hard wotaku. die hard wotaku still have stigma against them, reasonably so. liking idol music and being a serious idol fan are different
>>
>>10922539
i guess you could compare it to listening to taylor swift's music and being a swiftie
>>
>>10922489
she called herself dark skinned but she's brown. she doesn't have the same struggle as actual dark skinned black people. really goes to show how distant she is from her own community of people.
>>
>>10922493
Fr. I wish she would make different content online other then just her lip syncing to her own songs with weird click baity captions. She's gonna fizzle out quick if she keeps this up.
>>
>>10922608
The most white savior and privileged
hands typed this
>>
>>10922489
gets the black/lib audience

>>10922493
gets the coomer audience

maybe she hates it herself, but money talks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.