[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone else retired from cosplay thinking of getting back and not knowing where to start?

Last con for me was 2017. Have helped friends with projects here and there but nothing for myself. Not a lot of sewing but got into crochet. I don't know what the latest anime(trends) are because I hate most modern shows. Is there space for people like me at cons anymore? I thought of starting with ren fair oc's for a start. I'm also 32 right now and don't even know if getting back to this would be a good idea. Haven't been on /cgl/ in years also so I don't know how different things around here have gotten.

I miss cosplaying, I just feel old.
>>
Google how old yayahan is and then ask again.
>>
>>10925787
Yaya has never stopped
>>
>>10925434
I'm in a similar boat, maybe worse since I'm in my late 30s and I'm a guy. I'm also out of the loop with modern anime and even the older stuff doesn't have much in the way of suitable characters, there's a lot more in vidya and western stuff but I've never really been in the con scene for any of that, and the stuff I'd really like to do is mostly from non-comic related TV shows and movies so events like DragonCon are the only real appropriate places for them.
>>
>>10925880
And? She's like 45. There is no too old. Go have fun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.