[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0338.jpg (31 KB, 280x144)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
What motifs typically show up in your coordinates? Could be both in prints and/or in garment details such as lace type or accessories. What attracts you to them?
>>
I’ll start. I’m a classic Lolita and I only have florals or solids, with the exception of IW’s Antique Book skirt because it was cheap. Solids always seemed easier to coord for me because the emphasis would be on the texture and single color, as opposed to finding more accessories that match both the theme and the color shade in a print. I used to be into sweet Lolita and owned Cream Cookie Collection, but I just tore my hair out from trying to find similar accessories.

I don’t mind the florals however, as I hand make many of my own accessories. Dip dyeing fake flowers to match is an oddly calming project. Plus, florals are very nice for spring/summer, which is the time I wear Lolita the most. They’re also the cutest for garden and tea meets, so it’s nice whenever I’m on theme
>>
>>10935707
I will buy any print I can find with horses.
>>
>>10935707
"Prints": floral, fruit, tartan, gingham crowns, a few discreet crosses. No border prints with the exception of two dresses in my closet. I mostly wear solids though.

I'm not a big fan of jewellery but I appreciate jewellery with crowns in them.

lace types: I like woven cotton embroidery lace with roses, strawberries, hearts or crowns. I also like torchon lace but mine don't really have motifs afaik.

Other noticeable recurring things: I have a lot of aprons (especially to wear over floral OPs), some wrap around almost completely. I like textured details such as pin tucks, shirring and frills. I like lace with ribbon threaded through it, and lots of satin bows sprinkled on different areas on the clothes. 2 rows of elastic on the upper arm part of sleeves, elasticated cuffs. Bunny ears attached to bonnets or hoods. Straw bags and head wear to go with solids, florals and gingham.
I do have some casual pieces but my default style is luxurious and embellished.
>>
>>10935707
I'm also a classic lolita. I have many floral prints but I've been trying to find classic themed border prints. so far I've bought that one Mary Magdalene dress with perfume bottles and the matching tote. I've seen some indie brands like L'Esprit de la Noblesse release prints with Victorian era fashion prints on them but they're always out of stock and I've never seen them for sale on the second hand market.
>>
File: 1698438496025334.jpg (85 KB, 556x1078)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
I really love toy prints. Toy fantasy is one of my favorites. I don't really know why. I guess they're just cute and I like the colors.
I also really like fairy tale prints. And prints with moons and stars.
We don't get enough lemon prints imo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.