[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 04202024.jpg (1.58 MB, 3694x2181)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
what's the deal with all the pizza memes? it reminds me of the japanese making up nonsense rules for how to eat sushi

>you need an 800 degree wood oven!
my 400 degree regular oven works just fine
>you need a pizza stone!
my metal sheet works just fine
>you need to use a pizza peel!
parchment paper works just fine
>you need to preheat for 2 hours!
i put it in when the oven turns on. works just fine
>you need to use agent 007 flour!
all purpose flour works just fine
>you need to let your dough sit in the fridge overnight!
i mix it, proof for 2 hours, and then cook it. works just fine
>you need to toss your dough to stretch it!
a rolling pin works just fine
>you need to hydrate your dough!
i don't even know what that means. it's ready to proof when it stops sticking to my hand

any questions?
>>
>>20421242
Just because you can half ass pizza and still get a decent result doesn't mean you can't full ass that pizza into something truly fantastic.
>>
>>20421242
Idk what the fuck youre talking about but people who just throw food in the oven without preheating are the scum of the earth and dont technically count as people
>>
>>20421253
italians think ovens take 2 hours to reach the target temperature
>>
File: pizza.jpg (1.48 MB, 2927x2543)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>20421242
your pizza looks like shit
here's one i made in a 500 degree electric oven with a stone
>>
>>20421242
i have no confidence in my ability to transfer a wet sticky dough from a pizza peel to a pizza stone without horribly mangling it, and i'm too much of a cheap ass to bother with expensive flour, but at the very least try throwing the dough in the fridge for a while
smells like beer after a few days, good beer, it's fantastic, and as long as you keep one or two in the fridge you can just pull one out whenever you feel like pizza and don't have to wait for it to proof
>>
>>20421242
People want to replicate the pizza they get from pizzerias. I make pizza the way you do and think it tastes great. Pizzeria pizza is great in its own way too.
>>
>>20421318
you're supposed to put some flour on the peel so the pizza can slide off. people usually use a courser flour for that, like cornmeal
>>
>>20421314
Bro that unironically, looks like shit as well
>>
File: IMG_20240420_110719.jpg (501 KB, 3264x1840)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
Made this yesterday. I have more fun decorating them than I do eating them to be honest.
>>
You would be better off using a premade base at that point. Or just getting Dominos, even. That looks so fucking bad.
>>
>>20421341
Thanks for being honest and not lying
>>
>>20421242
Thanks but I shall stick with my pizza oven and oddly fine Italian pizza.
>>
File: IMG_0308.jpg (328 KB, 1296x972)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>20421242
Pizza sticks if you don't use oil in the dough. If you do it won't be a problem but I still use a metal spatula to circle under it before sliding it off the pan.
>don't preheat for 2h
It doesn't take 2h, that's part of the stone meme. Putting it in before it actually gets to temperature is pretty dumb. For some things it doesn't matter other than keeping track of time. For variable composition chemical reactions it matters.

Everything else is accurate.
>>
>>20421388
Dough recipe NOW or the janny gets it.
>>
>>20421314
>your pizza looks shit
>post shit looking pizza
>>
>>20421274
They're right though. Italians have shitty ovens.
>>
>>20421341
What does hyacinth taste like?
>>
>>20421388
>italian pizza
>too many ingredients
>too much cheese
>baby shit smeared on top
That ingredient combo is so shit I have to assume you're pregnant
>>
>>20421672
Didn't eat it. Just there for decoration.
>>
>>20421274
It's not the oven that needs to heat up for that long, it's the pizza stone.
>>
>>20421242
They're just fool-proof instructions to not fuck up pizza making. I'm sure with enough experience it becomes easier to ascertain any shortcuts and still make decent enough pizza. But in 30 - 50 years when people become significantly dumber, pizza making with these instructions will become as ritualized as making mozza.
>>
>>20421249
Your reddit-tier full-ass pizza still sucks
>>
>>20421861
>>20421854
Are you just one guy that posts AI photos of trannies standing in front of food in all the different threads
>>
>>20421861
get some sleep and drink some water, dude. the skin is hanging off your face
>>
File: pizza resize.jpg (939 KB, 1296x972)
939 KB
939 KB JPG
Toppings under the cheese are a preference but the layer of pepperoni also allows the cheese to be spread around rather than if you were piling it onto sauce. You can of course do both.
>>
>>20422149
>Toppings under the cheese
I wish everyone did this.
>>
>>20422100
I hate this even more than all the fake threads with AI food pics or online catalogue pics
>>
File: 1704743351518193.gif (556 KB, 871x517)
556 KB
556 KB GIF
>>20421674
It's onions, peppers, carnitas, and the sauce is lime, cilantro, jalapenos, and sour cream.
>>20421854
It's hard to take someone who posts pictures of troons seriously about anything.
>>
>>20421854
Man Blossom really let herself go
>>
>>20421681
why?
>>
>>20421242
>you need an 800 degree wood oven!
Doesn't need to be wood but in order to get the best possible crust you need that kind of heat. If you can't get that kind of temp you get better results with a pan pizza.
>you need a pizza stone!
If you want a nice speckled bottom for your crust you do
without direct contact between stone/pizza you wont get the best possible crust
>you need to preheat for 2 hours!
if you are using a stone you do need to heat the stone in advance
>you need to use agent 007 flour!
you get a better product if you have more gluten in your flour. I buy all purpose but add vital wheat gluten when doing pizza/bread.
>you need to let your dough sit in the fridge overnight!
longer proof develops additional flavour
>you need to toss your dough to stretch it!
if you use a rolling pin you dont get a nice rim on the crust. That said, when I worked at a Neapolitan pizzeria, tossing was mainly to impress guests; the standard method was to hang it off your knuckles and let gravity do the work.
>you need to hydrate your dough!
not a thing. When People talk about hydration they mean the amount of water. More water = more hydration. Generally, you want the highest hydration you can work with given your equipment, because it will puff up more and create an airy crust rim.
>>
File: IMG_20240218_200642976.jpg (712 KB, 1440x1080)
712 KB
712 KB JPG
>>20421242
i've tried a lot of different methods are honestly you're not entirely wrong
picrel was made with 1 hour dough on a metal baking sheet and cooked at 450f
>>
>>20422746
vs which was slid onto a preheated stone at 550f and used 24h dough and fresh mozzarella
>>
File: 1686280150391128.png (169 KB, 277x358)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>20421242
yeah but my pizza is way better than yours
>>
>>20422746
that looks good but 1 hour dough never tastes good.
>>
File: Pizza_Crust-Left-r18.jpg (201 KB, 278x519)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
This is all I need.
>>
>>20422814
NTA but what a cope. I would bet with 100% certainty that you could never tell which is which in a blind taste test.
>>
File: 1689259656103563.png (328 KB, 660x589)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>20422836
1 hour at room temp is not enough time for the enzymes in the flour to break down the flour. you will also need to use a fuck ton of yeast. so it will taste like yeast and raw flour
>>
>>20422849
Bet you can not even taste the difference between different waters.
>>
>>20422860
i didn't say anything about that but yes i can taste the difference between hard and soft water especially if it's hot. ignoramous.
>>
You're right, you don't HAVE to make your food good. In fact you can just mix flour and water and microwave it, you disgusting animal.
>>
>>20421242
I'm with you for all but 1.5 of your listed points. I do make my dough and throw it in the fridge for 3-4 days, but mostly that's because if you do it that way you don't have to work it as much, and I'm lazy. Also, if I do my pizza on the grill (my wife loves it that way, I'm fine with the oven, it's whatever) then having a peel makes it much easier to get on and off of there. I did make my own peel out of glued up 1x4's though. But if pizza works the way you do it, then keep on going, at least your doing your own pizza.
>>
>>20421242
shitalians are notorious scammers and need new ways to sell garbage to suburbanites
>>
>>20422746
this looks better than this >>20422767
stonefags btfo
>>
>>20422919
try eating it with your eyes then
>>
File: 2227730[1].jpg (102 KB, 600x600)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>20421242
i like to use a mesh screen like the conveyor belt pizza places use. makes it so much easier to move around.
>>
>>20422814
it just doesn't taste like much at all but its not bad in anyway, honestly 24h in the fridge doesn't really do much either.
To get good f;avor you need sour dough starter or at least a fermented biga that you keep pulling from one batch to the next and over time it will develop into something flavorful
>>
>>20422746
this one looks the best and P-Jap is also the best pizza
dipped in ranch of course
>>
File: IMG_20230901_144354510.jpg (973 KB, 1440x1080)
973 KB
973 KB JPG
>>20422919
also the crust actually cooks better on a metal baking sheet because you can grease it and get it to fry a little bit.
BTW that >>20422746 was a 16" inch pizza, i'd like to see anybody try to slide a pizza that big on and off a stone in a home kitchen without it turning into a lopsided blob with half the topping smushed to one side.
>>
>>20423310
skill issue
>>
>>20422825
this but cornbread with cheddar, bacon and jalapenos mixed in and chili for the sauce
>>
>>20422849
my house is pretty warm 80f and from the time water/yeast hit the flour to the time its getting baked is around 2 hours plus i'm only using 1 ts of dry yeast for 4 cups of flour so i don't get that yeasty tasting dough you're talking about but i would if i rushed it and used 2.5 ts yeast in 1 hour.
>>
>>20422876
>mostly that's because if you do it that way you don't have to work it as much, and I'm lazy
ultra based pizza whenever anon
>>
>>20421242
bro... your poolish?
>>
>>20423376
no im poleish
>>
>>20421242
>my 400 degree regular oven works just fine
Lmao no it doesnt
>Sheet pan
Theres nothing wrong with that...
>parchment paper
Why are you cooking bread on parchment paper? Wtf is wrong with you
>You need to preheat for 2 hours
No one has ever said this, this is fucking retarded
>Use special bs flour
AP flour is fine, you are absolutely right
>i mix it, proof for 2 hours, and then cook it. works just fine
Okay so is this a complicated answer, you can do exactly as you do, make the dough, proof and then cook, but you are losing a lot of flavor if you don't let it sit at fridge temp overnight, the process is complex but basically the yeast reaction is allowed to feed, slowly, on the flour and dry ingredients for 18 to 24 hours and that adds a lot of flavor to the final product that you are forfeiting by going straight from proof to the oven
>A rolling pin works just fine
Again, correct, no notes
>You need to hydrate your dough
Right again, this is nonsense, only add more water to the mix if you feel you need to because of issues you are having with your current mix, if you like the dough you are getting with your current measurements do not fuck with them
>>
>>20421242
Your pizza does look like trash though, if you want to post this bait then steal a picture from somewhere else that looks like real food instead of raw shitty dough with cheddar and baocn bits on it
>>
>>20422161
Peak performance is both. You want a bottom layer of mozzy underneath the toppings for structural reasons, then a top layer of either more mozz or ideally other cheeses to get brown and crispy on top
>>
>>20423639
You absolutley can use ap flour, but for best results you want a high glutten flour such as bread flour.
You the nail on the about overnight proofing in a fridge. What seperates pizza dough from bread dough is olive oil mixed in and proofing in a cold environment over 1 to 2 days, or until the dough has doubled in size. Used to work at domino's and we proofed all our in the walk for a least a day before using it.
Dont use a rolling, use your hands, applyimg light but firm pressure, you hold the dough with the edge of one hand, stretch out the dough with the edge of the other hand, then shift over rotating the dough so you stretch out the dough in a spiral fashion.
>>
Bro thinks his pizza is the same quality as woodfire stuff
>>
>>20422746
>>20422767
decent normie pies
first one looks like pretzel crust
second is over cooked
neither has a great looking bready crust
>>
>>20423639
A ROLLING PIN?
get the fuck out
>>
>>20423948
>Bro....[skull emoji]
Zoomnigger detected
>>
>>20424022
You think the word "bro" was invented just recently?
>>
>>20424012
>pretzel crust
i brush the crust with a egg wash to get a pretzel like finish but the dough itself is a lot lighter then actual pretzel dough
>>
>>20421242
It's just autism. If you do everything you listed the pizza will come out 20% better, and pizzautists think it adds up to 20x better.
>>
>>20421242
People who have no skills like to invent stupid rules to make their limited skillset seem more exclusive and important.

In real life, pizza is an extremely basic recipe that anyone should be able to get right on their first try. Nobody is impressed with pizza when grandma can make it. Pizzafags had no claim to greatness, so they had to invent one by creating weird rules to artificially induce scarcity and inflate the value of pizza-making. This was all done in an effort to raise the extremely low social status of pizza fags. But anyone with a triple digit IQ knows flat bread is as basic as frying an egg or toasting bread, so we just point and laugh at their desperate grasping for something to be proud of.
>>
redpill me on baking the pizza base for a short while before putting the sauce and toppings since it always seems like the crust never gets brown before the cheese starts to burn for my oven
>>
>>20422243
FOR DECORATION
>>
From my time looking over pizza stuff it seems like there's a massive leap in quality when you get into high temp pizza ovens. random schmucks in their backyards can put out perfect leopard spotted pies you'd expect from a gourmet place charging you 35$ per standard 14 in. and yeah all things being equal that style tastes better, all things being equal you have better texture and the smoke flavor.
>>
>>20424225
>pizza is an extremely basic recipe
>extremely
stfu asshole.
>>
>>20421242
>>you need to let your dough sit in the fridge overnight!
you can make a pizza not doing this, it will be perfectly structurally sound and rise, nobody anywhere disputes this. it's not going to taste as good without the fermentation hence the recommendation.
>>
>>20424265
you never place raw dough without toppings and shit into an oven, nobody does that
>>
>>20424265
supermarket low moisture mozzarella is generally very low quality. it's old and especially prone to squeezing out oil. If you really value a soft white cheese it may be worth giving parbaking a shot.
>>
>>20424323
It's a good cope for if you have a shitty oven that only goes up to like 400 non-convection and you don't have a stone
>>
>>20424343
though in addition getting good browning in a home oven is an uphill battle, might have an unrealistic expectation there.
>>
All these pizzas are gay and italians are autistic. Tomatoes aren't even from italy and your original pizzas had sugar and rose water in them.
It dosn't matter how bready the crust is, pizza is pizza, home cooked will always be satisfying unless you are serving a faggot who claims he can do better but wont cook for you. Faggot.
>>
>>20424265
using a lower rack in the oven will cook the dough more
higher rack will cook the cheese more
>>
>>20424323
its called par baking the crust
>>
one of the tastiest pizza's I ever ate I made myself
>lidl pizza dough ready to cook
>lidl ketchup
>lidl mozzarella
>lidl ham
>>
>>20424323
>what is bread
>>
File: 1659833252297280.jpg (289 KB, 800x535)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>
>>20424401
mmm yes i love burnt crust and blotchy uneven cheese that doesn't even come within 3" of the edge
>>
>>20428130
This is how I feel when I see these new types of pizzas that get posted here on 4chan nowadays. And I don't mean to be rude, at all. I'm sure the anons here make some nice pizza after all, but it's just not the type of pizza I would have with my mother and father on Friday nights growing up. Some of the ingredients are quite strange and they do like the burnt look to it don't they. We always got our pizza from the local spot, it was the best pizza in town, or so they advertised. But they never once burnt the crust and my father would have sent the delivery boy packing if he brought us a pizza looking like this.
>>
it's weird when people post in these threads that something amazing is just alright. Are co/ck/ munchers really that snooty?
>>
>>20428404
It's not that I'm snooty, or uptight, at all, even if I am from an upper middle class background. I am simply not used to this style of pizza. Now would I disrespect a friend that brought this style of pizza to me? No not at all. When my friends bring their new types of food for me to try I always am polite and try to enjoy it best as I can. But this is a different style of pizza than what I am used to. A while ago I was surprised to see in these pizza threads people putting a basil leaf on their pizzas, now that doesn't shock me.
>>
>>20423639
Not OP, but I'm baking Italian bread right now on parchment paper, because I don't have to clean up from the egg wash that way. I do pizza on it as well, so I don't have to clean melted cheese off my sheet pans either.
>>
>>20421242
You're right you don't need that stuff. But it definitely makes better pizza.
It's the difference between ok homemade pizza, and really good homemade pizza.
>>
>>20421328
>>20421482
nta but you two wouldn't know what a good pizza looked like if it sucked our dick.
>>
>>20424022
you know what that means, you're either a zoomer or a groomer
>>
File: all so tiresome.jpg (413 KB, 1024x576)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
The high heat, stone, long preheat and peal are all working towards the goal of a fast and extreme heat transfer to the crust. A steel works better than a stone but is more expensive and is heavy as fuck so limp wristed faggots don't like the steel. The preheat time is nonsense. The preheat time should be long enough to heat the large thermal mass of the steel/stone if you can do that in 45min great. The wood fire is for the heat, as some ovens don't like going to a high temperature. If your oven will go up to 600F preheat with that then switch to the high broil when cooking which will go above that limit. The heating element will go way over 1500F. The peal is so you aren't fighting with a 50 pound steel plate trying to turn your pizza it's a tool that makes your life easier. Use whatever you want to move your pizza around but the peal is the single tasker designed tool for the job. Placing a sheet of paper under your pizza and pulling on that to move it around will slightly lower the heat transfer from the steel/stone to the crust but it works if you have nothing else.

In the end you can make okay pizza by throwing a premade frozen pizza onto a round aluminum pizza pan putting on more toppings and cooking it at 400F for 30min.
>>
>>20421341
bro that's focaccia
>>
>>20421242
Why bother if you're not going to do it properly? Just make something different. I do it myself when I can't be bothered to make a proper dough, use the bake stone etc. What I like to do is get a decent piece of bread, spread it with tomato puree and sprinkle with cheese, half cooked toppings and thinly sliced raw onions. Grill to desired amount. Not a pizza but at the same time far greater than the sum of it's parts. There's all kinds of these grilled toast recipes I found in a book of classic English cooking. Some are mixtures of cheese and wine. Off the top of my head I know one is called 'poor knights'
>>
>>20428627
focaccia is a type of pizza. the dough recipes are interchangeable, its just the shape (circle vs rectangle) and the way the toppings are arranged that makes it different
>>
i just found out that it's not a good idea to add oil to the flour. all these recipes lied to me. you're supposed to add it during the kneading process
>>
>>20429076
Why add oil at all?
>>
>>20429093
i assume it's necessary for the soft interior and crunchy exterior
>>
>>20429102
It isn't, proper classic pizza dough has no oil at all. You can use it but it's by no means necessary or even an improvement. If anything it makes it less crunchy and crusty, usually a Rustic Bread which is meant to have a crunchy exterior will not have any oil. I don't use oil in my dough except in the proofing bowl or in the bag if I'm storing them long term. The crunchy outside, soft inside is achieved by using high hydration dough.
>>
>>20421242
You shouldn't skip out on a good pizza peeler. These are salvation.
>>
>>20429142
does the kneading get easier if you add oil to the dough? maybe to make the high hydration doughs stick less when kneading
>>
>>20421242
based OP. this board is full of so many pretentious faggots when it comes to cooking and food.
>>
>>20428602
the high heat come from running a thigh turnover business that can cook a pizza in 1 minute
People like to confuse things restaurants do as the best cooking practice but its often not and really is only makes sense for high speed large batch cooking
>>
>>20429213
I'm pretty sure oven spring comes into play there too and you would be hard pressed to replicate it at home.
>>
>>20429234
its a pizza (a flat bread ) not pan de cristal and even that cooks at normal electric oven temp of 500f
>>
>>20429166
Not really, you just need to know how to cope with high hydration dough. Adding oil is functionally just more liquid and makes it even goopier given the same hydration percentage. Pizza dough is a good excuse to use the stand mixer instead of doing it all by hand for this reason, although by hand definitely can be done. Also coat the dough balls generously in flour (like, have a bowl with flour in it and just dunk that shit in there and coat them all over) for proofing and for shaping/tossing, otherwise it's certifiably over and WILL stick to your counter, peel, and everything else.
>>
>>20429249
alright, thanks. i did used to use lots of flour to knead it easier, but i realized that i was taking out too much hydration by doing that so i thought oil was a good alternative which also added flavor to it. i will experiment with doing a no-oil dough
>>
>>20429260
This is the goat high hydration kneading technique if you're not going to use a mixer
>https://www.theperfectloaf.com/guides/slap-and-fold/
Just works
>>
>>20429272
seems like it only works for large dough batches, i like to do enough dough for a single pizza at a time since i really don't have any room in the fridge which is shared between a whole family. still, wetting hands with water is a good reminder. i remember doing it for making nigiri sushi
>>
>>20421249
This. OPs pizza looks like trash. Jack-tier.
>>
>>20421314
this pizza looks gorgeous anon, fuck that crust is well done my dick is getting hard just looking at it
>>
File: 0420132128.jpg (80 KB, 800x600)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>20422149
i have to strongly disagree about the "topping" under the cheese, first bite and everything slides plus your pepperonis don't get that maillard reaction crispening that boosts flavor
>>
>>20421242
You get some things right but other horribly wrong.

Put oven on the highest setting for me that would be 270° if you use a pizza stone or a large pan or whatever you can put it in the oven beforehand and it will improve the crust immensely.

You don't need a Pizza Stone but you want something to aid in getting a good crust

No one says you need to preheat unless you're already using a stone

The flour is overrated yes I agree on this one. I like using regular bread flour.

No one is telling you you have to cold ferment but if you actually tried you would find the outer crust gets much lighter crunchier puffier and better in taste. Honestly this is something even most pizza places get wrong. try a 48 to 72 hour one You will be pleasantly surprised by the results!

I agree on the rolling vs tossing both are fine. The guy from Lucali uses a wine bottle

The last point I do not really understand.
>>
>>20421399
I highly recommend not putting oil in the dough but adding it on top right before it goes in to the oven.
>>
>>20429093
The only time you put oil on it is after having added the toppings and before it goes in to the oven or obviously to coat your doughballs with.
>>
>>20421242
text book post on how to make crappy mediocre pizza.
>>
>>20421314
Are you sure that isn't a frozen pizza you bought fro the store?
>>
>>20429392
It's good when you use large pepperoni. I ask it extra cooked so the grease from the cheese fries the top.
>>
>>20421314
so you help yourself up with two crutches to take a shit standing and you still prolapsed your anus and died of sepsis. well fucking done. look like Tony's. you smug fuck.
>>
File: farkpizza.jpg (181 KB, 1400x1400)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>20421242
all y'all don't know what real pizza tastes like
>>
>>20429392
I put chicken and other bulbousy topping under the cheese to preserve some of their moisture
>>
File: 1570853830724.jpg (35 KB, 407x405)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>20429925
i read that as bull bussy
fuck i've been on this website too long
anyways that would never work for me because i artistically strategize a bite map that way i get equal topping on each bite and never run into a bite without toppings, which is also why those erratic Italian pizzas are a no go, one bite is cheese and basil and the next is just sauce and crust CHAOS!!!
>>
File: 1685941412540174.jpg (277 KB, 979x1200)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>20430145
autistically*
>>
>>20430178
Poor autism. It could have been cut in a way that maintained a more regular number of pep per slice.
>>
>>20429213
>People like to confuse things restaurants do as the best cooking practice but its often not and really is only makes sense for high speed large batch cooking
You make me wonder how many rituals home cooks got memed into believing because people think that doing it the restaurant way is better
>>
>>20430394
its got to be more then we even realize
>>
>>20430394
>>20430407
That would make a good thread. Good idea in a professional kitchen, stupid at home.
>mise en place
No point. Retards fell for this meme because their tiktok recipes have everything in little bowls ahead of time. Very important in a professional kitchen but at home you can chop garlic while the onions cook with zero problems, and in fact it's a more efficient use of your time in most cases.
>resting
Has always been cope for why your steak "has to" stay in the window and get cold for 10 minutes
>>
>>20424028
Only zoomer wiggers use it like that you retarded zoomer animal.
>>
>>20430423
>>mise en place
I somewhat support the idea of it since I've messed up a couple times when I've started cooking too early before I had my ingredients prepared. It's definitely not necessary if the ingredient list is shorter though.
Anyways, I believe that the need for "ripping hot" pans are not really needed; at least I haven't needed it
>>
>cooking is so based guys!
>everyone proceeds to post pictures of actually garbage looking pizzas not fit for Ethiopian peasants
lol, just lol. /ck/ coming in strong again
>>
>>20430423
>mise en place
yea i'm not washing 12 little bowls though i do get everything out before cooking just make sure i actually have all the ingredients, i have gotten way to far into recipes just to realize i'm missing a key ingredient
>>
>>20430435
>im better than you
>proceeds to not back it up
>>
>>20430441
never said I was, just ~sayin~ that you're all a bunch of gormless hypocrites and the goyslop threads are deserved.
>>
>>20429213
Or selling more by improving "enhancing" the flavor with more sugar, salt, and fat.

>Add one stick of butter to ground beef patty.
>Drench burger buns in melted butter

Walla, super awesome sit-down restaurant burger.

With pizza, they just add more sugar to the dough so it proofs faster.
>>
>>20421482
>>20421328
I honestly dont know wtf youre talking about it looks great
>>
>>20421242
How you make the dough nigga?

I need the simplest, fastest pizza dough recipe?
>>
>>20430438
for me the gamechanger was when I realized that if you prepare vegetables in metal bowls you dont actually have to wash them with soap as long no fat was placed in the bowl. You can just rinse with warm water. Sometimes it makes sense to prepare some of your ingredients restaurant-style, an extrame example is any food thats stir-fried.
>>
I made the shittiest pizza today. if you saw you wouldnt believe its edible lol. I rarely really fail in the kitchen but it feels that when i do its a serious abomination
>>
>>20430898
>I need the simplest, fastest pizza dough recipe?
for each cup of flour, add around 2/3 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 2.5 teaspoons of yeast. mix it all up, grease up the ball, and then cover it up and put it somewhere warm. it will be ready to cook when it is doubled in size. if that's too much work for you, then just do a tortilla recipe and put it onto a pan with all your toppings and then let it cook until the cheese is melted. make sure the pan is oiled up
>>
>>20421314
>burnt spots on the crust
>>
>>20422849
its cooked retard
>>
>>20421242
just use a cast iron skillet as the pizza pan and get the bottom nice and crisp, then pop it in the oven to cook the top. works wonders
>>
>>20432750
>just use a cast iron skillet as the pizza pan
how am i supposed to do that? the walls of the skillet would make it hard to put the pizza into it properly unless you build the pizza inside the pan before you even heat it up
>>
>>20421314
the stone is really what makes the difference imo
>>
>>20432758
1) heat up pan with a bit of oil in it, preheat oven to temp
2) place dough in pan and stretch it to size
3) cook it for a bit
4) remove pan from heat, build the pizza like normal
5) place in the oven until the toppings are cooked
6) remove pan from oven
7) remove pizza from pan
>>
>>20432779
oh, i thought people were using it like a pizza stone
>>
>>20432733
That's how they make it in Italy for some reason
>>
File: 1711871777698501.gif (954 KB, 475x475)
954 KB
954 KB GIF
>>20421242
just posting in a gay retarded american bait thread, please ignore

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.