[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7070.jpg (16 KB, 476x357)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Aware me on cube steak
>>
It's not a cube.
>>
make boygar
>>
>>20425863
>Aware me on cube steak
What the fuck does this even mean?
I don't speak the cuban moon language.
>>
>>20425863
what the fuck is cube steak? is pic rel not minced meat? i suppose if its not ground meat and instead small cubes of meat it would be used for stews. or maybe just fried up by itself and mixed into some kind of filling. you wouldn’t be able to make a farce out of it, so it could only be used for filling out dishes
>>
>>20425863
Worth it if you're poor and want a steak
>>
>>20425904
>Worth it if you're poor and want a steak
If I wanted a steak, I would have a kobe ribeye delivered from Japan overnight. Why would I bother with minced beef that is mostly fat, which also melts in my mouth, when I could have a finely marbled steak?
See, sometimes it is more about spending lots of money to show off your wealth instead of doing what is logical. Poors would never understand that.
That is why I can eat Kobe steaks, and poors have to eat hamburgers.
>>
>>20425896
Cube steak is a thin piece of round or sirloin that's been tenderized by perforating it with little pointy things six to seven billion times. There's a whole little micro-cuisine around it because it's cheap and pretty good. If you've ever had chicken fried steak you've had cube steak, probably.
>>
>>20425863
>cube steak
seasoned flour (tony cachere's or just lots of garlic, pepper, paprika). Press it into the flour really good. Flip it a couple of times, get the flour into all the crevices.
Olive oil into the pan, brown on both sides. Have lots of sliced onion, sliced mushrooms in the pan, maybe some sliced peppers.

At some point, you want to ensure the meat is tender, ie cooked through, and until the intramusclar fat is broken down and tender. This might be a step wher you park the lid on the pan, and simmer on low until tender, and then recrisp lid off at the end. You can do this by deglazing in delicious wine, some splash of the morning coffee for some pan gravy/red eye gravy, or stock, or go a step further and make a cream or sour cream sauce in the roux and flour fond on the bottom. Whether you make it similar to paprikash and serve with buttered egg noodles (or german spaetzle), or just a nice creamy mash or chunky smashed potato, a pan browned cube steak has lots of browned flavor.
>>
>>20425950
>If you've ever had chicken fried steak you've had cube steak, probably.
That moment when you realize that people on /ck/ think chicken is the same thing as beef.
>>
>>20425965
Not that anon but chicken fried steak is sometimes called country fried steak to avoid this non-issue. It's just beef floured and fried in much the same way one would chicken, is all. Same seasoning and everything.
It's pretty good.
>>20425894
>
Took me a minute. Either the joke was subtle or I'm a moron for not catching it immediately.
>>
>>20425979
>It's just beef floured and fried in much the same way one would chicken,
it is cubed steak, though
>>
I worked at a butcher shop for a while. The only time we ever used that machine was for the single old lady that ever ordered one.
>>
>>20425985
>it is cubed steak, though
I saw an ad on tv recently for hamburgers made out of different types of steak, but turned into hamburgers.
Isn't this like a culinary sin?
Who would want to eat a steak like that?
The whole point of eating a steak is so you can eat it and throw away the bone afterwards. It's like eating bone-in chicken.
>>
>>20425985
I've had it with other preparations besides cubed but yes, it's generally cubed steak.
>>20426011
Being single in old age must suck. I hope she found someone some day.
>>
>>20426027
>Being single in old age must suck. I hope she found someone some day.
She probably found a homosexual girl that enjoys eating cubed steak/hamburgers. Because only homosexuals eat hamburgers.
>>
>>20426033
you're thinking furburgers
>>
>>20425962
I forgot red eye gravy exists. Thanks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.