[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: champagne.jpg (179 KB, 760x665)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Why doesn't anyone drink champagne, or sparkling wine in general? I mean obviously it exists, and some do, but it doesn't seem to be treated as a "serious" choice for "serious wine drinkers", just garbage for mixing with orange juice on Sundays, which confuses the fuck out of me because it's delicious and has a lot to offer.

Obviously not all of it is delicious and there's room for mixed drinks in any reasonable person's rotation, but I mean come on. Is it just "rap black scary negro" knee-jerk stuff? Like how we're not allowed to enjoy cognac anymore, or chicken for that matter? Why is everyone so mindbroken about this stuff?
>>
As a non-American, people here drink champagne mostly for special ocassions.
Dunno if it's because it's expensive or what.
>>
>>20434042
I drink sparkling wine like presecco and moscoto, those are cheaper.
>>
>>20434048
Same here, it has a strong reputation for being a celebratory drink for weddings and new years so it just feels wrong to drink otherwise.
It's also like the only type of alcoholic drink I can think of that has a kids version on purpose that's also bubbly just so they can join the celebrations, I think it's seen as a bit childish due to that.
The stuff for kids is also often just better to drink than actual champagne unless you're an alcoholic.
>>
>>20434042
Nobody really pays too much attention to that stuff we're paying more attention to the five point plan.
>>
I plead the 18th.
>>
>>20434042
My wife's Italian-American family from Chicago drinks Prosecco all the time.
>>
>>20434095
>prosecco
condolences
>>
It's just about the only alcohol I drink. We drink so rarely that it's pretty much only on New Year's, when bubbly shit is traditional so champpaggin' winds up being the one we drink most of by default.
>>
>>20434095
>Italian-American family from Chicago
You mean american
>>
>>20434106
None of her grandparents were born in America. I don't consider someone a real American if they can't trace their ancestry back to before the revolution.
>>
>>20434042
Chamoagne is great. Have some class and enjoy a nice bottle with dinner. It goes well with almost all food.
>>
>>20434110
I see. Your country considers William Bruce Jenner to be a woman after all.
A dog born in a stable is not a horse in reality.
>>
>>20434132
>A dog born in a stable is not a horse in reality.
Correct, and an Italian born in America isn't magically an American. Genes matter far more than culture.
>>
>>20434147
>Genes matter far more than culture.
Genes do not dictate what wine you drink. Food is obviously cultural short of things like lactose intolerance and even then that's a correlation thing where milk heavy cultures led to lactose tolerance not the other way around.
>>
>>20434161
>A dog born in a stable is not a horse in reality.
You're the one who said this. Where you were born doesn't matter as much as your genetics. That's literally what that means lmao.
>>
>>20434147
>Italian born in America isn't magically an American
That's literally how jus soli works, retard.
I'm from Italy, I live in America and had a kid in America. My son is not an Italian citizen, though I am. Culturally, he's American.
>>20434048
>>20434071
>>20434102
Same.
>>
>>20434168
Your son is genetically a dirty wop.
>>
>>20434042
is that the diddler?
>>
>>20434170
Indeed, he's an american after all.
>>
>>20434216
"wop" literally means "Italian" lmao
>>
>>20434132
>>20434147
Marshal Matt Dillon: You know the old saying, Chester. There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed.
>>
>>20434223
Mystery meat is literally what constitutes ameriMUTTS lmao.
>>
>>20434231
Oh, so genetics do matter? Glad we settled that.
>>
>>20434233
Yeah right
>>
>>20434162
I'm not the anon who said that. I'm just pointing out that you're a retard to think genetics makes you like pizza.
>>
File: 1596281201911.jpg (54 KB, 550x412)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>20434071
>The stuff for kids is also often just better to drink than actual champagne unless you're an alcoholic.
You sound like the kind of person who would rather just dump food on the table and eat it with your mouth like a dog. Hell why bother with a table? Just dump it on the floor. Half of it is going to end up on the floor anyway right?
>>
>>20434296
>genes don't dictate preferences
twin studies prove you wrong
>>
>>20434303
Show me the study that proves dietary preferences are related to ethnicity then. By your logic Italian-ethnicity children adopted by parents of non-italian background should still show a statistically significant preference towards prosecco and pizza.
>>
File: anon-6879336.jpg (61 KB, 371x1024)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>20434316
>>
>>20434316
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7230842/
>>
>>20434345
Dios Mio isn't bad looking though, what's supposed to be the problem there?
>>
>>20434316
https://bmcnutr.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40795-024-00828-y
>In conclusion, this study revealed a significant association between certain genetic variants and food preferences among adults.
>>
>>20434355
Lol
>>
>>20434358
>In conclusion, this systematic review study showed that there was a considerable association between some of the genetic variants with food preferences among adults. Some of these genetic variants increase or decrease the desire for sweet and fatty foods, and some affect the choice of food groups. However, due to the high heterogeneity in the investigated variants, more studies are needed to investigate these genetic variants more closely and to identify the mechanisms involved in the observed effects.
The full conclusion says a pretty different thing to what you're implying. Your preference towards sweet, salty or fatty can be genetic but there's no 'loves pizza' gene which is pretty obvious.

>>20434354
This says more or less the same thing:
>The available data are contradictory in some respects, and a final answer about the role of genes and their polymorphisms in eating preferences and some diseases cannot be given. This is induced by the fact that the research involves a small number of people from different ethnic backgrounds and living conditions and it leads to contrasting results. However, despite this, many genes from the list can be used in DNA testing to develop nutritional strategies.
>>
>>20434363
Is it the eyebrows? That's easily fixed
>>
>>20434417
Genetics is still a relatively young discipline. I guarantee that as more data becomes available we'll be able to predict literally everything about a person just from his genes, you subhuman Italian trash.
>>
>>20434435
>we'll be able to predict literally everything about a person just from his genes
That seems unlikely since you can't predict environmental factors.
>>
>>20434446
>muh socioeconomic factors
shitskin cope
>>
>>20434106
Yes and Sicilians are just Italians, the Venetians are exactly like Romans.
>>
>>20434453
>predict a man's life path based on genetics
>path one he's born into a well-off loving family and is raised on classic literature
>path two he's raised by poor alcoholic adoptive parents in the ghetto
Obviously these two people would end up as different people. Hell you can cause someone to have a peanut allergy by not exposing them to things as a baby. Pretty clearly environment does have an affect before we even go into the fact that physically growing up in the ghetto would lead to early use of substances at an age that can harm brain development.
>>
>>20434478
A dog born in a stable is not a horse in reality.
>>
File: non mutt.png (1.88 MB, 1080x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>20434422
Díos mío, stop baiting
>>
>>20434186
Now that you mention it, he does look like diddler.
I had to put the Columbo glasses on and let dog sniff it out.
>>
>>20434479
Sure but a dog born in the west is a loving pet and a dog born in korea is a tasty snack. Those two exact same dogs raised in wildly different environments of a loving western family vs rescued from a hellhole gook battery farm would act completely differently in practice regardless of what genetics predict. As it is also with humans.
>>
>>20434501
More than one thing can be attractive. You're probably one of those people who ONLY drinks red wine or ONLY white wine or ONLY IPA or ONLY whatever autistic thing you trained your babby palate to pretend to like so you could pretend to be a snob instead of just being a manchild
>>
>>20434508
>probably
Verification not required.
>>
>>20434503
Shut up and stop making exuses for savages.
>>
>>20434503
yet no matter how you raise them, the dog will never know the answer to the question "how would you feel if you didn't have breakfast this morning?"
>>
>>20434106
>american
No such thing.
>>
>>20434518
Sure but the dog will still chase a bone, a frisbee or even it's own tail.
>>
>>20434522
Amerimutt if you will
>>
>>20434525
>genetics don't matter but Americans are inferior because their genetics aren't pure
Why are Europeans so retarded?
>>
>>20434534
Euros live rent free in your head lmao.
Textbook inferiority complex.
>>
>>20434525
At least we don't go around eating stargazy pies or ortolan.
I trust my dog further than you.
>>
>>20434071
>It's also like the only type of alcoholic drink I can think of that has a kids version on purpose that's also bubbly just so they can join the celebrations
Le Champomy ça pète, ma couille.
>>
>>20434534
Europeens can't help it, they just are.
>>
>>20434512
I mean if anything I'm saying that behavior is inherent to people raised in such environments and we should accept that they'll struggle to fit in with people raised in civilisation instead of pretending otherwise. Like with gypsies.

>>20434542
In-depth wine discussion is for pretentious faggots with too much money. Most of /ck/ is poor as well as stupid so obviously that doesn't apply.
>>
>>20434543
>talk to someone
>they're annoying
>point out they're annoying
>they screech LMAO I LIVE RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD
kek
>>
>>20434551
Truly it appears as if you're making excuses for savages.
>>
>>20434557
>only euros are annoying
lmao
>>
>>20434071
Le panaché c'est pour mes gamins ouech.
>>
>>20434170
Not really. His mother isn't Italian and my dad is only half.
>>
>>20434562
based retard with no reading comprehension
>this European that I'm talking to is annoying
>OH SO YOU ONLY THINK EUROPEANS ARE ANNOYING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
kek
>>
>>20434478
>Hell you can cause someone to have a peanut allergy by not exposing them to things as a baby.
Is that why my kid isn't allergic to anything while literally all of his classmates seem to be? We've fed him an extremely varied diet his entire life. He eats everything except sauteed mushrooms.
We had to do an allergy test to get him enrolled and it said that he supposedly has a gluten intolerance but he eats bread and pasta no problem so idk wtf these "tests" are even supposed to be proving.
>>20434042
>Like how we're not allowed to enjoy cognac anymore, or chicken for that matter?
lol
My mother came to visit me in America from old country when I was still dating my ex, a negress. We went to a mall together because it was Christmastime and she insisted on going out to try fried chicken at the food court and was upset that my ex wouldn't eat any with her. We tried to explain to her that fried chicken is seen as stereotypically Black and my ex is not comfortable eating it or watermelon in public or mixed company because of that stereotype and my mother's response was "guess I'm Black because I'll eat both and I don't care who sees me, they're delicious."
I don't think "everyone so mindbroken about this stuff" at all. Just dumb people, like my ex.
>>
>>20434345
lovely people, great food, best wine, lovely nation
>>
>>20434042
its always been looked it as a celebratory drink no matter what culture you're from
>>
>>20434632
So what? Music is celebratory, does that mean we can't ever listen to music unless it's a wedding or a birthday or a very successful IPO?
>>
>>20434636
are you putting eneregy in being this retarde or is it natty?
>>
>>20434644
My wit is zero dosage. Brut nature. Sauvage, if you will.
>>
>>20434653
shit millésime fr fr cuh
>>
>>20434042
Champagne is quite common as an aperitif in fine dining. It's too expensive for a daily drink and can't be stored once opened on account of losing all of its effervescence. Those don't make for a drink that can be had too often or to save half a bottle.
>>
>>20434636
>Music is celebratory
Certain songs are, which is why you never hear Wagner's Bridal Chorus outside of weddings.
>>
>>20434734
Bruh, winefags talk about Carruades de Lafite and Alion as "weekday wines", what's stopping you from enjoying a NV champagne once in a while even if you're not splashing out at Guy Savoy? You can get perfectly good champagne for $35.

>can't be stored once opened
Yeah so they say, I'll take a champagne that was opened last night over most other wines. I honestly don't know where that meme comes from, it doesn't go flat in 3 hours like coca cola, in fact even if you don't bother putting in a stopper the co2 hangs out on the surface of the wine which is basically as good as one of your fancy argon meme cartridges
>>
>>20434042
People who go out to clubs and hip bars and pay ~320% on bottle are fad people; brainlets; hivemind-style-over-substance kind of people. They have no taste and are waiting for others to tell them what to like. The last fad was cava. Now it's orange wine. They must drink the orange wine.
>>
>>20434785
>mfw I get bottle service in da club
>>
>>20434785
It's more than that, the nigs are wearing baseball caps backwards indoors and paying for the table, cameras and girls strutting around. They have to keep up their "reputation."
>>
>>20434785
You're that guy who sperged about orange wine in the last thread aren't you. You seem really preoccupied with what your choice of drink signals to others.
>>
>>20434785
Orange wine was 10 years ago. You're right about the clubs and bars though. You can't even find a decent (let alone good) Champagne there.
>>
Can you do champagne showers with other sparking wine? Is it legal?
>>
>>20434042
me on the right
>>
>>20434785
how many threads are you seething in right now ESL?
>>
>>20434855
What is a champagne shower? Like a literal shower for bathing but champagne comes out instead of water?
>>
File: O9AASKB0NXTYL46TDSQY.jpg (133 KB, 1393x1177)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>20434042
I don't feel like defusing a bomb every time I want a glass of wine
>>
>>20434042
Cargo cult mentality. It was made culturally relevant through your OP image and people just associate it with partying and mimosas, as you said. It's not pretentious to enjoy wine. If you're a pretentious dick about it then it's pretentious. Otherwise it's just a nice wine.
>>
File: champagne_walken.jpg (99 KB, 300x300)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>20436439
That seems more like champagne and you're supposed to open the bottles facing away from yourself and guests and even ceilings so if the cork bounces off the ceiling it doesn't hit anyone else.
How about a glass of Champagne?
>>
>>20434042
There is a religious, historical, and cultural component to wine. Champagne is a fairly recent, and accidental, creation.
>>
File: 1714195295467.png (1.29 MB, 1200x801)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>20436439
>How to open a champagne bottle safely
More like how to open it like a fag. Here's how real men open their bottles

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.