[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Colby Jack.
Does your country have it?
Does your country have either of them on their own? Have you tried them?
>>
>>20434762
>Texture Semi-hard
sounds oddly familiar
>>
>>20434762
colby jack is colby cheese and monterey jack.

monterey jack is colby cheese without coloring.
>>
>>20434767
The first line is true.
The second line is lie.
You are faggot.
>>
File: facts.jpg (64 KB, 750x1000)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>20434769
>>
>>20434775
Right. So why are you lying and getting emotional about cheese of all things?
>>
>>20434777
>You are faggot.
>why are you getting emotional??
>>
>>20434796
Still didn't answer the question, nice deflection though
>>
File: file.png (336 KB, 1016x1555)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>20434820
you didn't ask me any questions
>>
>does your country have it
Of course not.
>Does your country have either of them on their own?
Of course not.
>Have you tried them?
Why would I want to? We produce +/- 950-1200 different cheeses annually (competition is cut throat) for a population smaller than the city of New York. 12% of our population are Italian immigrants who brought along their 2500+ different cheese styles. We live next door to France with its 1200-ish varieties, and south of The Netherlands wherewe can get any variety of Gouda imaginable. If I ate a different cheese style every day it'd take me 10 years to try them all. That's just talking cheese styles, not individual producers, aged, refined ("affiné") or cured cheeses (with Barolo, edible flowers, hay, Jenever...). I know there are a few fantastic new producers in the NY, Boston areas and in Vermont and Oregon but they're irrelevant where I live (Belgium).
>>
>>20434943
Okay, congratulations on your many good cheeses.
I am from Vermont myself and I can recommend Cabot sharp cheddar. I have actually spent some time in Cabot and even been inside the original facility there, though I don't think it's made there anymore.
There are some fancier cheeses they make but the sharp is very good. The best one is actually called their "hunter sharp" cheddar, I do not know why it is called that.
Aside from that, sometime you should try colby jack. Any will do, whatever is cheapest. It's just a nice, mild, soft marble cheese with a very nice texture.
>>
>>20436118
From VT too, the Seriously Sharp Cabot carries is one of the best nationally available cheeses out there. I also have to advocate for Rogue River (of OR), as their creamy blue is quite nice. When I move back, I plan on producing cheese and cider on the side until I can afford to do it full time.
>>
>>20436144
I forgot seriously sharp existed but it is quite good. I can't remember which is which now, just that both of them were better than normal sharp even though I usually like my cheeses mild.
Cabot also makes incredible Monterey Jack though that's hard to get wrong

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.