[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it true that eating/drinking slowly makes things taste better?
>>
>>20434799
I think it's true that you can better appreciate what you're eating or drinking if you take it slow.
>>
>>20434799
Yeah and you eat less
Don't just shove food in your face
Take inventory of your plate, and make deliberate choices of what you want to eat and in what order
Save the best for last
>>
File: 1705465764845570.gif (477 KB, 300x232)
477 KB
477 KB GIF
>>20434799
no, the faster you eat the more you're going to be stuffing your mouth while there's still food in it meaning you're going to introduce more air into each bite and air = flavor/scent
If you chew with your mouth closed like a civilized human being, eating slowly will only dampen your enjoyment of it and it will cause the food to settle in your stomach while you're still eating and that makes you feel full and you won't be able to finish your meal because you're feeling full
>>
>>20434834
>Save the best for last
Whenever I eat a proper meal I find myself thinking about what flavors I want to be tasting after I'm finished, and I save that bite for last.
>>
>>20434838
Pretentious gay faggot shut the fuck up
>>
>>20434868
oh I'm pretentious when >>20434834 says gay shit like
>Take inventory of your plate, and make deliberate choices of what you want to eat and in what order
>Save the best for last
you replied to the wrong post
>>
No.
The real "lifehack" as your goys call it is to periodically sip from a glass of water. It'll refresh your palette, and make the next bite/sip of whatever you're eating/drinking taste more flavourful.
>>
>>20436073
water is icky
>>
>>20436128
This is literally why tea exists
>>
>>20434799
Eating good food slowly will give your brain more time to make you more dopamine so yes, it also becomes a game like this dude >>20434834
But you know if you eat your hot food last and don't have any variations to keep it new then maybe eating slow has downsides.
>>
>>20434799
I used to drink chocolate milk with a bowl and spoon, it was better that way
>>
>>20436128
i thought toddlers werent allowed on here
>>
>>20436128
Jesus
>>20434838
Good post
>>
>>20434799
That's mainly good advice for fat people. I remember my mom would always tell that to my overweight brother when we were growing up. Now that I'm older I realized she never once told me to eat my food slowly. I blame her for getting him fat because he was always overweight since a kid. Now he's big as ever and is about 400 pounds.
>>
>>20434799

Not better - but longer.
Think about it this way:
You taste with the receptors all over your mouth, mostly on your tongue, and your nose, right?
NOw how much surface in total would that be and how much food would you need to completely cover all of it? - Not much.
If you form a huge ball in your mouth only the outer surface of the sphere will come into contact with the sesors, and 99% for taste is wasted.
SO don't necessarily eat slower, but smaller portions! If you ram a whole chocolate bar in your mouth you have one bite and waste pretty much all of the sweetness. Instead take small nibbles and spread them all over the insides of your mouth, then the bar holds like 10 minutes and you have so much more of its delicious flavor.
And the same holds true for other foods. Smaller portion sizes make it more enjoyable for longer.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.