[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GQ1lcF.gif (3.4 MB, 480x360)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB GIF
ITT: Foods that are bad but people pretend are good.

>Eggs
90% of eggs are slimey, overcooked or taste like nothing. People will scarf this shit down with a straight face like they didn't just eat something nasty.
>japanese food
if you get meme'd into enjoying any food from japan. Just know you got PSYOP'd. Sushi is ridiculously bad. Most dishes taste like nothing. Maybe ramen's alright. Asian food in general is a thing that is bad but people pretend is good.
>most of seafood
clams smell and taste like taint juice. Crawfish is a meme food that southerner's pretend is good. They've dissect each an every crawfish to eat a shit covered half inch slab of meat before sucking it's brain out and urge you to try it.
>>
File: 317-4178531985.png (80 KB, 500x501)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>20436261
>>
>>20436261
woo new tastelet thread
>>
File: 1713474142473931.jpg (226 KB, 1136x810)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>AYO THESE EGGS TOO BLAND
>GET SOM HAAT SAUCE ON DAT SUSHI NIGGUH
>Y-PEEPOO DON'T SEASON THEY CLAM
>>
>>20436268
let me guess. It's a refined taste? An acquired one? It's not. If a food isn't good out the gates, and you have to hype yourself up before every bite. Your just conditioning yourself to enjoy shit.
>>
>>20436261
Let me guess, you also don't like mushrooms?
>>
sounds like you're an autist that cant deal with 'weird' textures. do you eat the same few things every week?
>>
poop steak, who would eat a steak made of poop? its just not for me.
>>
>>20436273
I like mushrooms. They're alright. As a kid i didn't like them. But thats because kid me was more based than i am.

I think the foods you think you enjoy are only enjoyable due to certain levels of sodium in your mouth or system. Not actually on their taste merit alone it just satisfies some nutritional part of you.
>>
File: Tomato-global.png (469 KB, 848x958)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
this SCARES the picky manchild
>>
>20436284
>the foods you think you enjoy are only enjoyable due to certain levels of sodium in your mouth or system. Not actually on their taste merit alone it just satisfies some nutritional part of you
This has to be bait
>>
File: egg.jpg (5 KB, 320x204)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
I have become death, the destroyer of narrow palettes
>>
>>20436261
guacamole. salsa is so much better its crazy. guac is just creamy mild spread. salsa has FLAVOR
>>
>>20436271
>It's a refined taste? An acquired one?
Nah, you're just retarded is all.
>>
>>20436261
What's your favorite brand of microwave tendies
>>
>>20436271
you have to be 18 to post here anon
>>
Vegetables, fruits
>>
File: Congrats.gif (537 KB, 480x270)
537 KB
537 KB GIF
>>20436286
You already know what I'm chalkin it up to
>>
File: boy-crying.png (555 KB, 778x505)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
>>20436360
>Vegetables, fruits
Aaaaaaaah! Ptew! Ptew! Aaaaaaaah grosss, ewwwwww!
>>
>>20436285
I used to hate these as a kid but nowadays not so much. Onions too. I also got used to feta, olives, and pickles
>>
>beer
Ughh I tried it once and it tasted so yucky! I spit it out and immediately ordered a pepsi with four extra sugars
>steak
Also super yucky. There was this weird bone in the middle and gross fat on the sides and even BLOOD on the inside. We aren't cavefolx y'all. Get some chicken tendies instead
>>
>>20436670
kek. i kek’d in real life at this. i often kek at posts on this board and then wonder if the poster even knows he brought a smile to someone’s face today. so i just wanted to let you know, anon, you made me smile today.
>>
>>20436688
reddit is probably more your speed le epic sir!
>>
>>20436261
>picky eater
>"the texture is yucky!"
You have autism.
>>
>>20436261
>Japanese food

Japanese food is a "celebration of flavor" sort of thing. You have to have a clean palate and an open mind to understand it. Japan is the single most culinarily autistic country in earth, even above Italy and France, both of which Japanese chefs learn from constantly.

I love Nashville chicken and Doritos as much as the next guy, but I also know how to tone it down and enjoy the clean simplicity of gyudon. You don't get it because you have grown accustomed to having as much flavor as possible to fry your neurons the most efficiently. That's why they find all American food too intense. all except for American BBQ, which they commonly love to pieces!
>>
>>20436711
>Japanese food is a "celebration of flavor" sort of thing.
No it isn't. It's about presentation. Spectacle is baked into their culture and has been for centuries.
>celebration of flavour
>70% of the bowl is white rice
>>
>>20436261
>clams smell and taste like taint juice
of course you would know that
faggot
>>
>>20436291
I had 5 soft boiled eggs in my ramen this morning
>>
>>20436261
I agree with eggs and seafood. Additionally, bacon is perhaps the most overrated thing on the planet. I have to remind myself that it's made of pigs and not for pigs, although it might as well be.
Steak is also vile - it's like food for dogs.
It's ridiculous how much actual people pretend to like these when everyone knows that they're something that animals should be eating, not humans.
>>
>>20436261
>People will scarf this shit down with a straight face like they didn't just eat something nasty.
i like overcooked eggs actually
>>
>>20436261
>sushi bad
this bibba never had eel sushi...
>>
>>20436261
>I don't like these foods, therefore anyone who eats them regularly is pretending for reasons that wouldn't make sense no matter how you think about it
You know, you're supposed to develop a theory of mind (that is, an understanding that people might not think the same as you) before you turn 5...
>>
>>20436261
I agree about japanese/asian food. Meals aren't filling, their junk/fast food isn't as tasty, their desserts aren't sweet enough. I was in Tokyo and was starving as an overweight american, I bought a KFC 6pc and ate it in one sitting cause i was so hungry that day.
>>
About to have me a big ol bowl of Japanese seafood ramen with fried egg in it
>>
>>20436273
I love mushrooms but they make me shit like crazy
>>
File: 1713553061953925.jpg (20 KB, 464x535)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>20436261
>ITT: foods that are bad
>reason: me thinks yucky
Quality post as always
>>
>>20436285
Most store bought tomatoes are objectively awful
>>
>>20437614
>raman
>add egg because...... LE JUST BECAUSE LUL XD
you know it doesn't add anything to the dish. Thing is if i ever am forced to eat japanese food i will also pretend it's good so i don't get publicly executed by everyone in the store. But i don't believe my own lies.
>>
>>20436261
i can safely assume you aren’t white
>>
File: 1712601386658533.webm (2.36 MB, 406x720)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB WEBM
>>20436670
>sugars
It's spelled sugers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.