[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 6781569329041000.jpg (101 KB, 1024x1536)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
redpill me on corn chowder
potatoes, corn, chicken stock, what else goes in it?
some of my family might not eat it if I add meat...
>>
never heard of it
never had it
never will
>>
>>20436689
Sour cream and onion flavoring like with pringles
>>
>>20436689
Fatty meat, preferably bacon or salt pork. If you dont have those then sausages I guess.
>>
>>20436707
you need buttermilk powder for this. which is impossible to find. but maybe you can just add buttermilk straight in
>>
You need to make a roo.
>>
>>20436716
Your mom would know, I hear that she's been eating plenty of sausages of late.
>>
>>20436723
Hmm.... How did you hear about this? Where did you hear about this? My mom has not been eating many sausages recently and I fear someone may be slandering her to make it seem as though she has been eating a lot of sausages recently, but to what end? Hmm...
>>
>>20436689
Milk/cream or it's not a chowder by definition. Hot pepper bits. Crumbled bacon, but you can put it on a plate and add it to your own if your sister is vegan.
>>
>>20436730
Internet gossip, this stuff gets around.
>>
>>20436717
Walmart has that..
>>
>>20436689
>added corn
>forgot the chowder
It's in the fucking name, dude.
>>
>>20436732
But then there's Connecticut clam chowder and that's only worthy of fags.
>>
>>20436689
Caramelized onions
Buttermilk
>>
>>20436732
>Milk/cream or it's not a chowder by definition
this
Encourage OP to explore
>cauliflower
>potato
>clam
>seafood
>>
These French's fried onions go great on a chowdah.
>>
>>20436717
I have buttermilk!
I mainly use it for pie dough.
>>
>>20436689
What about onions and carrots? Mushrooms?
>>
That's literally the first thing I ever cooked unsupervised. I was 8.
It's piss easy.
Mine doesn't have the bacon like that one does and it's vegetarian but my first go was light butter roux compounded with frozen sweetcorn and finely chopped onion, topped off with vegetable stock and evaporated milk, whisked until the roux dissolved completely then cubed potatoes added. Once the tatties are done, it's served, topped with herbs. Nothing fancy or special.
Nowadays, I make corn stock for it for that added corn flavour, but I flavour it with vegetable stock cube. I've also used homemade freeze dried corn powder as a spice in it but I can't get consistently good quality freeze drying my own corn.
I've done chicken before, too, but I add drop dumplings and other vegetables so it's more like chicken and dumpling stew than chicken corn chowder.
>>
>>20436689
would put my cock in picrel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.