[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714190715119433.webm (3.62 MB, 1280x720)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB WEBM
What strategies do you employ when confronted with boisterous and disruptive individuals in dining establishments?
>>
>>20439586
I get up, calmly walk over, unzip my pants, and blast them with piss
>>
>chill out mr. miyagi
lmao gottem
>>
>>20439586
>beta male can't directly confront the chad so he needs to take issue some peripheral behavior he perceives as malformed
I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
i'm glad this is being spammed everywhere
>>
>>20439610
weebs gotta learn one day
>>
>>20439610
Wags or whatever the character's name is, is how autists and 4channers think Japanese view themselves. Even if a chef spends 10 years making the tamago, someone being pretentious about soy sauce is just as retarded as a sommelier waxing poetic about the 2012 vs 2013 grape harvest.

The average person, and yes even the average Japanese, does not give a fuck how many times the raw fish on rice was folded. If it tastes good, it tastes good
>>
File: 1712849472361788.webm (2.3 MB, 720x404)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB WEBM
>>20439586
Wags was right. If you want to eat like a slob and talk on the phone, eat at home. People are paying a lot for the atmosphere and you're ruining it. Sneed.
>>
>>20439640
The guy is a slob and a prick but Wags is a pussy for not telling him to just shut the fuck up instead he takes issue with how he's eating his fish, what a fag.
>>
>>20439586
Everyone involved are faggots except maybe the sushi chef
>>
>>20439644
It's not just about how it took him ten years to make the tamago (the egg.) The environment is a carefully curated experience and the lout is ruining it for others. His expense account doesn't entitle him to fuck either the chef's art nor his enjoyment up the ass.
>>
>>20439650
that's not my point
>>
>>20439662
Give the food the respect it deserves, and you respect your fellow patrons. The soy sauce is not meant for the precisely sauced fish you were just presented. This isn't a filling station, it is an experience.
>>
>>20439731
You're a dipshit, fuck you for missing my point this hard. Don't reply to me.
>>
>>20439731
what is the soy sauce made for in this scene, i've always wondered about that. and i've never seen the movie. it's multiple courses/types of bites and this particular one was already sauced?
>>
>>20439736
It's on offer for people to use even though it is unnecessary, but the real uncouth part is filling a dish with it and dunking the sushi. It's more dignified to only apply what you need for each serving and have no unused soy sauce at the end.
>>
File: VAAELiQj.jpg (105 KB, 1024x1024)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
The tamago (egg)
>>
>>20439586
Whenever I am faced with potential conflict I remember some things I learned in prison:

1. Pick your battles
2. Know what you want to achieve
3. Make your plan
4. Take every possible outcome into consideration and then do it

Walking up to them and saying "hey, can you guys try and be quiet?" might work, and it might open you up to retribution later on, for example them keying your car or harassing you outside.
>>
>>20439733
Did you even watch the webm? Anon is basically just quoting it back to you
>>
File: 1711938900180933.jpg (92 KB, 352x429)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
I start by telling him more and more information about his favourite Japanese foods, more than he ever knew, making him realise he is the actual ignorant idiot here, not me. Then i talk to the chef in Japanese (I am JLPT level 4)
A small part of my country was under Japanese occupation in WW2. A lot of food habits stayed.
There is a simple joy in shutting down overenthusiastic but ignorant retards who overestimate their own knowledge.
>>
File: wapanesekids.jpg (53 KB, 800x600)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>20439610
I remember when we made fun of wapanese
>>
File: ok.gif (752 KB, 145x187)
752 KB
752 KB GIF
>>20439762
solid program wood

sounds like you were putting in that work for the race, putting in that work for the brand
>>
>>20439586
You have no legitimate authority as another guest and as such will only be perceived as the annoying aggressor by everyone around, including the chefs.
People don't actually clap after your imaginary opponent storms out frustrated and red faced.
>>
>>20441018
That's funny you post a shotcaller reference because I did time in Cali. The "pick your battles" thing is really important because prison isn't "the joint" anymore, it's basically a medical facility full of heroin addicts who start drama over the tiniest things. Someone could start shit with you and in prison everyone expects you to address it or else you're a bitch but sometimes you have to avoid conflict with certain people because it's not worth it. Like if a prison gang member who is high on meth thinks you're staring at him and says "what are you looking at punk" within earshot of people, you'd be expected to fight him for calling you a punk. But he's a prison gang member and is untouchable so laying a hand on him would end with you getting stabbed to death. And then later on down the line he'd end up in trouble anyway so you made the right choice. It really changed the way I think about conflict in the outside world, it's just a waste of time unless you can actually achieve something from it.
>>
>>20441018
kek, love this movie, fuck it gonna rewatch
>>
>>20439586
Reminds me of some redditor.
>>
>>20441136
Everyone applauded the time I told some teenagers to shut the hell up during Godzilla Minus One. And another time I told a guy for littering when there was a bin a few steps away, and a lady walking past with a pram said "thankyou."
>>
>>20441756
If they told you "shut up fag" what would you do in response?
>>
>>20441779
I would have walked back and forth directly in front of them commenting on whatever they said until they left or we got kicked out. There was no point trying to watch the movie with their constant chatter, so the only thing left to do would be to ruin their experience as well.
>>
>>20441585
did you ever meet any aryan brotherhood guys? if so what were they like?
>>
>>20441018
>when you come to /ck/, shitpost, whatever, you stick to your own race
>why'd you fight that janny?
>>
>>20442178
I met two and they both kept to themselves. Like I said prison is just one big medical facility where most people are heroin addicts doing time for parole violations. They just oversee the heroin trade and take a cut of all the profits and leave the rest of the bs to whatever drug addict of the day they choose to make decisions in their name.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.