[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do you ever make your own breakfast sandwiches at home?
>>
Yes, bec
>>
>>20466405
that egg looks fucked.
>>
>>20466524
I think it's gravy
>>
Yes, either on a bagel or homemade biscuits if I'm feeling adventurous
>>
File: brekkk.jpg (803 KB, 2304x3060)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
>>20466405
why yes i do, i like my breakfasts a little on the fruity side
>>
>>20466405
Where else would I make them?
>>
>>20466559
At the waffle house where you work
>>
>>20466529
why is the gravy a solid disc?
>>
>>20466524
There are ways to prepare eggs like that at home. You know that, right?
>>
>>20466577
what does that have to do with how fucked it looks, anon?
why is it lately i have to remind almost everybody of what page the conversation is on?
did your vaxx download a firmware update?
>>
>>20466573
He's a doofus and doesn't see the egg disc below the sausage disc. Its just a little ring mold you can put in the pan and either put a whole egg in or scramble to get a uniform disc.

Also, I sometimes make my own breakfast sandwiches. Usually on bagels, english muffins, tortillas or regular bread. 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon is the go-to. But swap out bacon for sausage or Spam and its good. Not a fan of corned beef hash in a tortilla I guess, but its a really hearty breakfast that should hold most people over past lunch hour.
>>
How do you get the english muffin to not be chewy?
Yes, I did toast it first before assembling, it still microwaved chewy after having been frozen.
>>
>>20466586
>Its just a little ring mold you can put in the pan and either put a whole egg in or scramble to get a uniform disc
yeah, but... the color and consistency of it.
looks fucked.
>>
>>20466586
I should've added: I normally just do 2 strips of bacon slowly heated in the pan and 2 fried eggs in the morning. runny yolk I can lick the plate and omit the bread.

I don't like buying bread because I live alone and a loaf of decent bread lasts 3-4 days before it starts molding. Only $1-2 gets wasted but I just don't like throwing food out so I just don't buy it often anymore. I hear cutting way down on bread, pasta, and other cereals is a little healthier and easier to keep weight off.
>>
>>20466591
>How do you get the english muffin to not be chewy?
>Yes, I did toast it first before assembling, it still microwaved chewy after having been frozen.
Try putting it in a toaster.
They cost like $15
>>
>>20466603
>yeah, but... the color and consistency of it.
A pale yellow consistent with well-scrambled eggs? I swear you people will find anything wrong with a food that has nothing to do with nothing other than "uhhh, it looks weird". You can replicate that at home by over-scrambling with a whisk. The natural variations most people see with scrambled eggs between white and a darker yellow is because they don't beat the eggs for several minutes to fully break-up the proteins.
>>
>>20466617
>>Yes, I did toast it first
>Try putting it in a toaster.
I did toast it first, can't you read?
>>
File: mckeon whelchel.jpg (393 KB, 1024x819)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>20466405
All the time.
Slice of ham, fried egg, slice of cheddar, all on an english muffin. Takes five minutes. Tastes good.

80s hotties are not related
>>
>>20466405
Yeah. Made one this morning. Thick slices of pastrami, egg, cheddar cheese, and just a little bit of uni paste.
>>
>>20466405
I was on a breakfast sandwich kick for a while, but I fell out of the habit when I ran out of ciabatta rolls. I came down with a bad cold so I didn't make any fresh ones for a couple of weeks, and lately I've just been too lazy to do it. But when I made them my preference was bacon, egg and cheese with the egg cooked omelette-style and the slice of American cheese folded inside it to make it a nice tidy square.
>>
>>20466405
Mcdonalds had a local deal here where they sold sausage egg cheese mcmuffins for $1. Never had it before and I thought it was phenomenal. I would definitely recreate something like that because I don't want to pay $5 a pop for the sandwich every morning. Any ideas for the buns? Is there already a frozen knock off?
>>
>>20466935
>Is there already a frozen knock off?
Boy, just get english muffins, sausage patties, and eggs. This isn't theoretical physics, its combining 4 ingredients, the fuck do you mean are there frozen knock-offs? Yeah there are frozen knockoffs but they're looking at the price of mcdicks and raising their prices to be within a stones throw because they know lazy people are willing to pay for garbage thats been cooked last month and frozen for you to reheat. Just wake up 10 minutes earlier and make it yourself.
>>
>>20466405
buy an ad breakfast english muffin monger
>>
>>20466946
I was referencing the syrup they put into the bun but I just remembered I have my own maple syrup. Thanks
>>
>>20466960
oh you're talking about the mcgriddles and not the mcmuffins? I think there are still frozen knockoffs for that bread alone, but you're definitely better off just getting a decent bread and drizzling syrup as a "sauce" inside or on top of the sandwich.
>>
>>20466405
yes even went so far as making my own english muffins.
>>
>>20466935
>Is there already a frozen knock off?
have you never walked through the frozen breakfast food aisle in the grocery stores in deepest darkest africa where you live?
>>
>>20466405
>own breakfast sandwiches at home?
at home, yes.
>>
>>20466591

so wait, you toasted the muffin, assembled the sandwich, froze it, and then microwaved it and are surprised that the texture is fucked?

are you stupid?
>>
>>20466405
Why yes, I do own a microwave oven.
>>
Usually I make breakfast burritos rather than breakfast sandwiches, but yes, I have made a few breakfast sandwiches. Not entirely sure where else you'd want to eat them. Why would I leave the house before I've made and ate breakfast?
>>
>>20466405

i had a whole method with a microwave egg, and 2 slices of bread , and a splash of kroger olive oil
>>
>>20468255
>Why would I leave the house before I've made and ate breakfast?
Maybe you were in a rush and you need to eat on the go
>>
How would you feel if you hadn't eaten breakfast?
>>
On weekends typically. They usually involve some combination of bacon, eggs, potatoes, onions, and tomatoes.
>>
>>20466405
No but I should start. Now I want a steak egg and cheese bagel. Mmm
>>
>>20466405
damn that looks heaps good
>>
File: 1618951058826.png (188 KB, 553x506)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>20468378
But I did eat breakfast
>>
I buy a bag of frozen biscuits and a box of frozen sausage patties at sams. Most mornings I make two sausage egg biscuit sandwiches for breakfast. I never used to eat or woke up nauseous in the mornings but I started an antidepressant last year that has massively up-ed my appetite. The two biscuit sandwiches and a cup of coffee keep me completely sated for 4-7 hours depending on if I'm working/active.
>>
>>20466405
Yes but with buttermilk biscuits and redeye gravy like a normal person.
>>
File: 2ga212.png (202 KB, 1500x1500)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
I fucking love mctoast so I tried making the it but I couldn't for the life of me get the correct flatbread.

Also the cheese wasn't really correct but otherwise it was good
>>
>>20466405
once in a while yeah. usual choice for breakfast sandwich is ham
or the occasional breakfast burrito since ive got a little more options with filling
>>
File: Brorruito.jpg (2.15 MB, 1920x1080)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>20466405
>non amerifat
>keep seeing breakfast burritos in media all the time
>Surely cannot be that good
>its just a fucking burrito
>Make a bacon/egg/tomato/cheese one
>Oh fuck you america for bastardizing mexicunt food
>its fucking delicious
Now i cannot stop thinking about when i'm gonna make another one.
>>
>>20466591
>after having been frozen.
theres your problem dumbo
>>
>>20472273
Wait till you realize “avocado toast” is just guacamole on toast jews started marketing to inner city yuppies and is actually pretty good if you slap a fried egg and Cholua on top.
>>
>>20466405
i prefer a breakfast wrap, to avoid cheese/yolk leakage
>>
Often
>toasted English muffin
>one egg cracked into a Mason jar lid and braised
>American cheese
>meat if I feel like it
Nearly as good as a fast food one.
>>
>>20472273
What other regular wonders haven't you tried but are commonplace in the US? quesadillas? brunch? fried chicken? Spam? crab boil?

Feels like /ck/ should make a list of all foods euros have to try before talking shit about them.
>>
>>20472621

ranch
>>
>>20466405
Just let the mexicans cook for u bro, theyre better at it
>>
>>20466405
Always. Nothing is better than some sausage, egg, and cheese on a Kaiser roll
>>
File: TopNosh.jpg (2.2 MB, 1936x1088)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>20472621
>quesadillas
just soft tacos
>brunch
just a late breakfast
>fried chicken
just kfc
>spam
just cheap ham
>crab boil
would love to but i have no friends to justify the cook size which would infuse sufficient flavor in the snibbity snabbers
>>
>>20474945

>just soft tacos
thats wrong, its a multy, crunchy, and delicious snack or meal. You can put beans, chicken, corn, chorizo, all kinds of good stuff in then use salsa, sour cream, guac, or tortilla soup as a dipper.
>just a late breakfast
yeah a late breakfast and unusual stuff you never have like chicken and waffles, eggs benedict, hangover burgers, avocado toast, biscuits and gravy all kinds of good shit
>just kfc
no, KFC is the lowest tier of fried chicken. I know its hard for the bri'ish to comprehend good food, but just once imagine perfect golden fried chicken crunch in every bite.
>just cheap ham
yes thats correct, but until you've tried it, you haven't tried it.
>would love to but i have no friends
with your eating habits in your post, we can see why. crawdads, crab, corn, potatoes, shrimp, you could have a little cookout for your neighbors
>>
yea occasionally I'll buy some everything bagels and throw some porkroll and provolone on it and toast it up.
>>
>>20477128
hate eastcoasties so much
>>
>>20468186
>reddit reply
>>
>>20466529
nah, gravys brown. the more ya know.
>>
I have tried numerous times but the bagel/muffin/croissant, etc., always gets soggy, after even just trying putting eggs on them and yes I've even cooked them with no oil along with putting them on paper towels after cooking on my cast iron, as well as overcooking the eggs so theres minimal moisture but it doesn't make a difference.
I can cook just about anything else to near perfection but I've never been able to figure out breakfast sandwiches and fried chicken. It's a fucking curse.
>>
Yeah, I make them like my mom used to make them. English muffin, eggs, cheese and bacon but she always added a thick slice of tomato with pepper and it always hit the spot
>>
>>20478845
nothing wrong with a porkroll and cheese breakfast sandwich, you can also do it on a kaiser roll or an english muffin, but I prefer a bagel.
>>
I love breakfast sandwiches. Such an efficient breakfast. I usually either make one big sandwich by starting a layer of scrambled eggs and put a slice of sour dough on top, flipping it when the egg finishes, add cheese, bacon and another slice of bread then fry both sides or basically make two egg mcmuffins. Recently Ive been making egg sandwiches with croissants now and I'm liking it
>>
File: autist.jpg (64 KB, 500x480)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>20466405
I make eggs, bacon, and english muffins every day, and I prefer to eat them seperately and just put PB on the muffin

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.