[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the best canned foods to stock up on? In case of economic and societal collapse.
>>
>>20625153
anything, really
fucking moron
>>
Spam, Deenz and Beanz. Also canned bread.
>>
>>20625158
There'd be foods that are best in terms of bang for buck, price over nutrients, etc.

You stupid fucking retard.
>>
>>20625171
canned tuna is cheap as shit and good for you.
>>
rice, beans and lentils for your basic calorie + nutrient intake.. Sugar and flour as cooking essentials. Canned fish and meats for protein. Coffee or tea for sanity sake. Dehydrated milk powder for where milk is required. Vitamins, salt and spices. Also can opener and cooking utensils. The main issue is storing everything in airtight containers and making sure anything already in the food is killed. Mormons are all preppers and have good guides on what to get and how to store it.

https://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/LDS-Preparedness-Manual.pdf
>>
The Mormons used to let you borrow their kitchen and even sell bulk stuff. Main supplies are dried beans, rice, oats, and wheat. If you have friends maybe everyone could chip in on a can sealer. Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers are pretty good for dried stuff too so you might be better off getting an impulse sealer since it's a lot cheaper than can sealers.
>>
dinty moore, tuna, mackerel, sardines, chilli, peas and carrots, sauerkraut, baked beans, beanie weenies, spam, pineapple, yams. that's an entire diet.
>>
>>
>>20626405
imagine you wanted a coke and then you got a can of bussy instead... unbelievable
>>
>>20625153
Serious question. If you were fully hydrated, what would happen if you ate a quarter cup of raw rice?
>>
>>20625153
>What's the best canned foods to stock up on?
The food you eat regularly. Don't buy a bunch of useless shit you don't eat. You buy stuff you DO eat. Once you have a supply built, you will have to rotate it out - old stuff gets eaten, new stuff comes in to replace it. These canned goods only last a few years, so you need to rotate them around.

So get the shit you like eating. Beans, meats, veggies, pasta/rice/lentils, whatever you like to eat and know how to cook with, that is what you get. For brand, go with your budget.
>>
>>20626432
If you could stand the dryness and could swallow it down, nothing. It would just absorb moisture in your stomach and get digested.
>>
>>20626405
My dick is definitely too long to go balls deep in a 12oz can. And I don't even have a particularly long dick.
>>
>>20626987
that model is for the japanese market
>>
>>20625153
The chicken and roast beef is pretty good with some ritz crackers and some saltines, also dont forget some sardines. That should get you through a month or two of solitude.
>>
>>20625153
Don't forget a lot of water and a can opener or three.
>>
>>20626275
I never thought of using a 5-gal bucket from home depot for shit like flour and rice. But apparently they're made of food safe plastic. Thanks mormons
>>
>>20627115
Buy milar bags and some o2 absorbers. That way the rice'll last a decade or so.
I keep a 100lbs or so that way. Gives me and my family a buffer at least for almost no cost.
Everything else comes and goes as I rotate or empty out a burst of stocking up.
>>
>>20627151
thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5nkbB_UsP0
>>
>>20626987
quit bragging
>>
File: IMG_2109.jpg (59 KB, 600x800)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>20625153
I didn’t know so I just asked my grandma. She says probably anything Progresso or Chunky
>>
>>20625153
Which do you typically eat?
You can't go wrong with essentials like Campbell's Chunky, Chef Boyardee, and Spaghetti-Os.
>>
>>20626987
some women aren't big enough to go balls deep either man, just enjoy the can
>>
>>20626405
Top left and bottom middle.
>>
>>20625153
Canned food is shit for survival. They take up a lot of room and don't hold that many calories.
They're fine for short term shtf but if you're looking at actual societal collapse, then you need an actual survival stockpile.
>>
>>20625153
>beans
They can be stored dry and rehidratated when necessary. Also, I've planted beans taken from a package once. They actually grow and gave me more beans.
>canned bread
Just store flour. You can use it also to make cakes and pasta.
>canned tuna, anchovies, etc.
Store them.
>canned meat
Same as above
>Canned fruits
Same as above and they are a treat
>More useful stuffs
Salt and sugar: to season and preservative. Salt can be turned to bleach if necessary.
Honey and soy sauce have an unlimited shelf life
Spices: no need to explain
>>
>>20630840
I feel like people forget about salt and spices far too often. Also, definitely Honey, sugar, molasses/treacle.
Another thing that might come in handy: yeast. Bread and good brewing yeast. Bet your ass that alcohol trades well.
>>
>>20630840
Flour goes bad after a year.
>>20630850
Yeast is readily available in nature. If yeast is dun goofed then so are we
>>20625153
Storing food is retarded. 95% of it goes bad in 1 to 5 years, meaning you're forcing yourself to eat garbage all the time for an event that's been predicted since the dawn of time by the mentally ill, but never actually happened.
>>
>>20630966
>Yeast is readily available in nature
No shit, but not all yeast is created equal. If you honestly think that there's no difference between a festering discharge-filled snatch, and what settles out of some homebrew, there's no helping you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.