[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0955.jpg (124 KB, 818x1000)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
I like it. It’s easy.
>>
>>20628759
Just like your mom.
>>
>>20628759
And it tastes good enough
>>
>>20628759
I have a box my mom gave me when I first moved out.
I'm moved it 8 times, now.
>>
>>20628770
Just like your mom.
>>
>>20628777 [777]
Unfortunately my mom is dead and buried in the ground so.... probably would taste pretty yucky.
>>
>It's Shake and Bake, and I HELPED!
>>
>>20628759
shake what?
>>
>>20628858
the bag filled with seasoning and raw chicken
>>
>>20628858
AND BAKE!!
>>
>>20628866
is it a thing to shake it yourself instead of it being per-seasoned? or has this just arise from the mcshaker fries or whatever came earlier?

>>20628871
that would be best for your health idd kek
>>
Lole they don't even give you the shaker bag anymore. You gotta supply that yourself. FJB
>>
>>20628889
>they don't even give you the shaker bag anymore
>>
>>20628759
And I helped!
>>
>>20628880
Its been around forever. It's just a bag with flour and spices and bread crumbs and shit and you whip raw, wet, chicken pieces you bought into the bag, shake, gets all coated, then you toss it in the oven to bake. Its a shitty fried chicken but it works.
>>
>>20629694
theres definitely some food science involved with the coating though. it sticks extremely well to the chicken for something you just shake around and gets crispy
>>
>>20628759
Looks really unappetizing from the picture even
>>
>>20628889
And it costs like $6 for 2 pouches most places. At least Winco has it for like $4.30 but that's still an absurd mark-up. I pay it, though. The home-made imitations never taste as good as the real thing with some johnny's and cayenne mixed in.
>>
>>20629714
It has oil mixed in as well.
>>
>>20628759
>coat chicken in eggs
>drop in a ziplock bag of breadcrumbs and some flour
>shake
same thing but cheaper
>>
It was popular in the 80s and 90s during the low fat craze as a way to have fried chicken with a bit less fat since its baked. You just put raw chicken in a back with the shake and bake, which is just bread crumbs and seasoning. It sticks to the raw chicken. You bake it then eat it. Its mediocre but way less of a mess to make than actual fried chicken, which will taste way better.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.