[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: egg (poached).jpg (410 KB, 2000x1000)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
I used to have the magic touch when it came to these things, they always came out great.
But recently I've been trying my hand ad them again because I haven't had good eggs in a while and every time I end up overdoing them. How do I make a good poached egg?
>>
>use mesh strainer to get the extraneous watery whites out (i do a lot of baking so i just save these for light egg washes)
>temperature control, heat needs to be lowered or turned off after coming to a boil so it's not agitating the eggs
>move them with a slotted spoon to get even heating you can tell doneness by how much the yolk moves

I don't bother with doing a vortex or adding vinegar or anything. Putting them in still water will make them have a little more white on one side but simply flipping them in the water after the whites have started to set is enough to evenly cook the yolk.
>>
>>20630390
>boil water with salt
>make water tornado with a spoon
>drop egg in the water tornado
>remove egg after it's cooked with a skimmer
>>
>>20630390
Cook it for less time than you did last time.
>>
soud vide
167F for 12 minutes
more soft boild than poached but why poach?
>>
>>20630431
>makes one poached egg
>the perfect amount for you, a sickly 8 year old girl
retard vortex pleb.
>>
>>20631204
>a sickly 8 year old girl
c-cute!!
>>
>>20630390
I get the water to almost be simmering, then crack 3 eggs in there for 4 minutes. I don't bother with vinegar or a vortex or anything. I remove them with a little strainer after 4 minutes
>>
>>20631204
you can repeat the process for more eggs
>>
>>20630390
1 cup of water
Crack egg into cup
Poke yolk with tooth pick
Cover with paper towel
Microwave for 1 - 2 minutes
You now have perfect poached egg

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.