[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5630.jpg (145 KB, 1125x1123)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Anyone here work in food science? I’m considering going into it, as I’m interested in food products, and the rates of job satisfaction tend to be fairly high.
>>
>>20632283
Like one of them scientists or test kitchen wizards you see on how its made? Just slamming chems and foods and beaver ass artificial vanilla flavor and stuff and creating kewl candy bars or w.e?
>>
>>20632722
I mean unwrapped*** the how its made for food.
>>
>>20632722
>>20632724
Yeah, that’d be something a food scientist would do
>>
>>20632283
Why would you want to be a slop-technician coming up with new ways to poison people with various endocrine disruptors and carcinogens in the pursuit of higher profits for a bunch of sociopathic pedophile shareholders?
>>
>>20633579
because i like food
>>
>>20633603
So what? I like power tools, but that doesn't mean I want to torture people for the CIA.
>>
I lick a bunch of weird things to find what tastes good, but I don't have a microscope so I don't know what they are, so I'm not considered a "food scientist." Fucking modern world. It was people like me that discovered soap and yogurt.
>>
>>20633614
why not?
>>20633618
you sound qualified
>>
>>20633683
>why not
Because I'm not a defective retard, so I have empathy.
>>
>>20633684
good for you anon. i will think about your kindness while i am injecting liquid diabetes into low cost bread products
>>
>>20633728
kek, based baitposter pretending to be an unfeeling psychopath. thanks for the sunday morning chuckle : )
>>
File: IMG_7828.jpg (1.65 MB, 4032x3024)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>20633734
cheers friend
>>
Where are you going to school at anon? food science programs are few and far between, and the quality of them/what theyre focused towards is highly dependent on the school. yes theres a good amount of people that end up in test kitchens and pilot plants (myself included) but theres just as many poor bastards doing 2nd shift QA work with the same degree. if you put yourself into a good niche (grad school helps with this) you can land a cushy job a lot easier than others
>>
>>20634896
I’m in school for comp sci atm, but I’m considering transferring over to another uni for their food science program. I’m doing so because I thought that I’d rather get a job that pays less working with something I’m interested by (food) instead of something that pays more which I don’t care about (tech).
Is this a mistake?
>>
>>20634979
is happiness at work a mistake?
>>
>>20635012
No, but I don’t know how happy I’d be on a 2nd shift QA
>>
>>20632283
>AI image
nearly fooled me

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.