[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1701744395022829.jpg (80 KB, 700x1050)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
What are your thoughts on rotisserie children? They still cost the same amount before covid surprisingly. How do they manage to do it?
>>
>rotisserie children
Sounds expensive even if the price is same as before covid
>>
File: img-thing_sm.png (52 KB, 300x300)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>20635597
>>
>>20635597
If you're talking about the grocery store rotisserie chickens, they are kept cheaper than the raw whole chickens on purpose. The profit margin from the rotisserie chickens is exceptionally low compared to everything else. The potato wedges, however, the stores make a killing on those.
>>
>>20635618
Getting people in the store is the #1 way to get people to spend money at your store. Those tissery chooks bring hungry people in all day and almost all of them do their shopping while they're there. Carefully planned loss leading is one of the pillars of good retail strategy. And it feels like a win-win to the customers as well.

My local supermarket sells the raw chooks for slightly less actually, but it still saves all that time and aggravation roasting the little beast.
>>
>>20635635
>>20635618
They're usually strategically placed close to the entrance so once someone picks up a chicken they'll start thinking about what else they want with it. Kroger and Walmart typically puts the vegetable and deli section and the eggs basically diagonally across each other from the store so people have to walk through it and pick up things as they go.

It works too, when i go to the store i basically only buy exactly what's on my list but if my wife goes to but 5-6 items she'll come back with 20 because she has to keep going through so many aisles and spot something and just goes "why not". Grocery store aisle planning is basically the opposite of effective warehouse management because instead of reducing travel time in the aisles they try to maximize it.
>>
>>20635635
>>20635645
I buy them occasionally too, and I use the carcass for chicken soup. Grocery shopping often pisses me off, but the rotisserie chickens are one of the few things that I don't feel terrible about buying. It's at least three meals for me on its own, and then I get to make a soup out of the inedible bits, and that lasts me a while too.
>>
>>20635597
>PLEASE STOP BEING UPSET ABOUT THE PLASTIC BAGS
>>
>A loss leader is a marketing strategy where a company sells a product or service at a price below market cost to attract new customers or encourage additional purchases. The goal is to entice shoppers with the discounted item, hoping they will then make additional purchases of higher-margin products.
>>
>>20635597
Its the shitty chickens no one would want to buy, they cover up this fact with seasoning and a nice grilled surface, they don't need to change the price because it's literally chicken they would throw away otherwise
>>
>>20635751
Most retarded post I've seen this year.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.