[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: giphy (4).gif (2.39 MB, 500x500)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB GIF
Is there any frozen food that isn't disgusting? It seems like it's better to pay a bit extra for fast food
>>
>>20635737
Isn't most fast food frozen?
>>
>>20635741
It is but I'm comparing to the boxed frozen food you find at grocery stores
>>
I eat frozen meatballs that's about it
>>
>>20635737
I have a chest freezer completely filled with meat and fish.
>>
>prepared meal
>prepared meal that has to withstand being frozen
yeah, fast food is easier to make
>>
frozen food seems worse now than ever but there's still some tasty ones out there. pizza rolls of course always good. tyson boneless bbq anytizers are one of the best frozen chickens. tyson bone in Buffalo wings are devent also. frozen pies are almost exactly the same as fresh pies these days.
>>
>>20635770
None of that is food.
>>
>>20635737
Oh you meant like ready meals. Frozen ingredients are usually sufficiently good for their price but you have to cook them which you should.
>>
>>20635737
Berries
>>
>>20635737
Learning how to actually cook is better and cheaper than both
>>
>>20635770
Stop buying Tyson products.
>>
>>20635737
Ice-cream is pretty good when its frozen.
>>
>>20635737
Frozen pizzas can be alright with a little love. Just top up the cheese a lil and throw on some extra toppings you like (olives, jalapenos, pickled artichoke, salami, dried herbs, garlic powder etc super easy stuff to always have laying around). So simple to do and blows fast food pizza out of the water at a fraction the cost.
But yeah, apart from that only frozen food I really get is cauliflower bake so I can use it as a side on other dishes. Sometimes I'll get prawn hargow and pork siu mai or stuff like that when it's on special.
>>
>>20635737
Nope, and they all have the same weird salty taste too. Don't let anyone ever gaslight you on this.
>>
>>20635737
>when she sees my penis
>>
>>20635870
Why are you assuming I can't cook? Sometimes I don't have the time or energy
>>
>>20635956
>simple to do and blows fast food pizza out of the water at a fraction the cost.

Is it though? Frozen pizza isn’t that cheap and if you’re buying any of your extra toppings it’s not actually much cheaper than picking up a fresh hot Pizza Hut pizza. You thought you could put pizza the hut? But you failed as you were struck down to the ground
>>
File: wc.jpg (1.3 MB, 5000x3951)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>20635737
>>
>>20636027
Those are good but I can eat like 5000 calories of them in a sitting
>>
File: IMG_6328.jpg (124 KB, 660x637)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>20635737
This is one of the best frozen goyslop meals I've ever had. If you love spicy noodles and chicken then you need to try it out. I don't think the quality gets any higher than this, I would never have been able to tell this was frozen
>>
Peas
>>
>>20635737
humans were not designed to eat frozen food laced with preservatives.
>>
File: IMG_6331.jpg (115 KB, 1000x659)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>20636048
>modern people preserving food:
:/
>ancient people preserving food:
:0000000000
>>
>>20635737
Stuff like dumplings, tempura, spring rolls, and yes, tendies, where the product is protected by an outer layer. For a complete five minute dinner you can dump a ramen packet, a fistful of dumplings, and a few leaves of lettuce or other green leaf into a pot and boil it.
>>
>>20636054
>ancient people
Salt and heat
>modern people
10+ different carcinogens banned in other countries that jewish companies keep loading up in US food supply.
:OOOOO
>>
There are some frozen burritos out there that aren't bad. But you pay for what you get.
>>
>>20636015
>Why are you assuming I can't cook? Sometimes I don't have the time or energy
>muh I don't have time or energy

80% of meals can be prepared and made within 30 minutes. After learning to cook I realized just how prevalent manchildism is.
It doesn't take much "time or energy" to through some meat on the skillet or in the oven, and prepare some carb source. Pasta just requires boiling water lmao
>>
>>20635737
Frozen foods are fucking scam.
Made dinner last night quick and cheap and essentially like a frozen dinner. By just heating up some ham I had and tossing it in a bed of noodles. Delicious.
Never had good meat from some hungry man slop
>>
>>20635737
Frozen veggies, meatballs, deserts and potato products are all perfectly good food items. There are even *some* decent pizza offerings, but whatever a pro makes will be better. Depending on the store, you might even find a few other items that are nice.

You can make fast food tier milkshakes from the ice cream you get at the store. Just avoid the "frozen desert" category of ice cream that isn't actual ice cream. As for fast food soft serve, you kinda have to make that yourself.
>>
Some brands of dumpling are pretty good. Haio, for example
>>
Frozen shrimp are pretty much at or better than fast food. They are not better than restaurant quality, a good restaurant will have some fancy ass fried shrimp that beats frozen.

Frozen dumplings are all shit compared to a place that makes em fresh and proper. But that place isn't fast food. Fast food doesn't even fuck with dumplings, Panda Express took them off the menu. So frozen dumplings win by default. No competition.

When it comes to fries you can literally buy bags of your favorite fast food fries/rings to take home. Arbys, Sonic, Red Robin, etc. Functionally identical to fast food, if you air fry.

Frozen fruit and veg is literally just frozen produce. If you are cooking with it, it doesn't matter.

Frozen desserts like ice cream vary with the maker. Some are scams, others are great. You can use them to make milkshakes, but you won't ever get fast food soft serve without an ice cream machine to make it fresh. Pies and stuff are pretty darn good, and fast food doesn't really do "pie". They do hot pocket pies and crap.

Frozen meatballs are fantastic, major timesaver. And fast food doesn't really do meatballs unless its that one place the SEA folks like that has sketti (does it even do meatballs? I thought it was hot dog bits).

TV dinners usually suck for one reason or another. Which is why we are getting celebrity dinners now, they've sucked for so long and so hard that people are FINALLY attempting to innovate here. With more slop, but it's name brand slop now.

Breads and such are kinda stupid, just buy unfrozen rolls or bake it yourself. Breakfast stuff is always meh, but equivalent to fast food kind of meh.
>>
>>20635737
Peas handle being frozen pretty well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.