[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: flg-jpg.jpg (170 KB, 1500x1000)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Discuss what you're making for the holiday this week. I'm thinking of making some fruit blondies for a dessert. Any suggestions for what fruit(s) to use?
>>
I'm making nothing because fuck America. You're infected with California and Florida, which you probably got from touching Mexico.
>>
>>20636097
I am ashamed to call my self an American, the state of this country is tearing itself apart, think i'll make Koofteh Tabrizi, it is a classic Iran dish. Not embracing tradition anymore but rather someone elses.
>>
>>20636097
I usually make a massive cake shaped like a BBC because that's what we love here in the home of the brave
>>
>>20636097
I was going to make a strawberry cake but the party was canceled
>>
>>20636097
You should not use real fruit on 4th of July. Find some candy version of fruits and use those instead. This is a celebration of MURICA after all.
>>
File: images (30).jpg (16 KB, 480x640)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Trayvon Martini's me for me and the ese's.
>>
>>20636250
You sure it's only you uninvited?
>>
Corn syrup
Boiled corn
High fructose corn syrup
Grilled corn
Low fructose corn syrup
Creamed corn
Hot dogs
Hamburgers
>>
>>20636112
based
>>
>ITT bitter losers
>>20636097
I'm having all my friends/family over and we will be barbecuing and drinking. My wife is making sides and desserts including an American flag ice cream cake.

For blondies, I recommend raspberry/blueberry/cherry/apple. Make sure you don't crush the berries too much, they'll stain the rest of the blondies.
>>
>>20637537
Thank you for the input. American flag spongecakes (like in the OP pic) have usually been a staple of my family’s Independence Day parties, but I’ve never had it as an ice cream cake before. I’d like to try that sometime.

I was leaning towards using both cherries and blueberries, and after you suggesting them both, I think I’ll go through with it.
>Make sure you don't crush the berries too much, they'll stain the rest of the blondies.
I’ve seen pictures of some fruit blondes that are stained more than others. Is crushing them what makes them bleed throughout the dish like that? I might actually do that on purpose to create a festive red and blue design.

I hope you and your fellow patriots have a great time celebrating our freedoms ;_;7
>>
>>20636366
>Low fructose corn syrup
Dios mio...
>>
>>20636097
Going to a friends house on the 6th. She and I always try to out do each other. She is throwing down hard. Bubble kettle chips and charcuterie for cocktail hour or 2. Spinach, strawberry, blueberry and feta salad. Smoked tommohawk steaks, red white and blue roasted baby potatoes with fire honey roasted carrots. We are bringing a red cake for desert. This woman is going to out do me. Our dinner parties are getting over the top and its great

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.