[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719792100156434.jpg (27 KB, 680x378)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>decide i'm going to cook at home to eat healthier and be more financially responsible
>wfh with a decent income, so basically have zero excuses
>buy a bunch of groceries
>eventually attempt and fuck up a meal, despite my ability to stomach most things so long as their edible (oily, burnt, take over an hour to do)
>hate following recipes, sometimes wing it with half-decent results, but most of the time is too much effort and i wish i was the kind of person that could make appetizing food for friends that i don't have
>end up only using 10% of the groceries i buy
>eventually just go back to spending excess income on delivery and takeout
i'm starting to understand that this cycle is just a manifestation of my more complex manic-depressive episodes, but awareness of it doesn't make it suck less
>>
File: Whoop That Bitch.png (97 KB, 210x481)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
Try by starting with say 2 home cooked meals a week. Pick 2 meals and cook them each week until you master them. You'll start getting techniques you can apply to other foods. Baby steps bro, Rome didn't walk in a day.
>>
>>20636140
thank fuck i can cook, everytime i see threads like op's, i feel pity for him, if you cannot cook for yourself than that is sad desu, i ain't no chef but i can still pull great homecooked meals, i don't see the point of paying someone else to cook for me, its just weird. I'll have the odd take out but thats it. you need to get back into the real world, op.
>>
that's me except that I just end up not eating at all
>>
>>20636148
i can cook, i just can't cook well - last thing i made was a chicken roast that turned out really good, but i then end up with a massive chicken that no one else will eat but me
it's a mental battle desu
>>20636142
ty bro
trying to get better and stirfry/sautes using whatever is on sale, since it's fast and desu i hate spending longer than 15min prepping anything
again, it's a depression thing, and i need to just not be a bitch
>>
>>20636164
Ease into it and don’t make everything from scratch. For example if you like pasta then find a reliable sauce, and rice+chicken+frozen veg in teriyaki sauce will always taste good. Then over time master a core group of recipes and you’re set
>>
>>20636140
You need more practice anon. If you don't like recipes, you should at least learn the fundamentals of what makes foods turn out the way they do. Start small if you need to, and keep at it
>>
>>20636140
If you can't cook you should try blue apron or hello fresh or something. The first month or two are usually free if you sign up for 3 months or w.e. makes it cheaper than your fast food. Everything is sent in just the right amounts, you get a little recipe card, its pretty impossible to fuck up, get distracted, or generally be too retarded to finish. Maybe you'll learn to cook or gain confidence or be able to focus that way.
>>
Git gud. Sounds like you can't even make decent eggs.
>>
>>20636140
You don't have to be a tryhard with it. I wouldn't cook either if I had to devote an hour or more every time I did it. Buy pre-made mixtures of salty seasoning and use a fuckload of it. Use a fuckload of fat. Congratulations you've unlocked the secret of 90% of chain restaurants.
>>
>>20636140
make some soups or risotto with meat veg and minute rice get variety of stocks to try

1pot singleserve omad or slowcook and prep for even less shit to do till you run out of its omads

can still enjoy some trash every once in a while and make it fuckin count. get the best when you do im talkin me n eds im talkin triple os.

hope you figure out a good system for yourself

God bless
>>
>>20636140
i think you just have no idea how to structure meals, grocery lists or a routine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.