[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hello my American friends
I have a normal brick grill with a chimney
I always wanted to smoke some meat, is such thing possible? To make a makeshift barbecue using my grill?
>>
File: refrigerator smoker.png (765 KB, 632x630)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
>>20636826
Henlo!
Yes, anything possible if you dream for it and work the do needful. You can even turn a refrigerator into a smoker haha
>>
>>20636826
Those were popular in North America before you could get a propane tank refilled at any hardware store.
>>
You could probably get a lid fabricated for it but at that point you'd be better off just buying a smoker. There are plenty of ways you could attempt to ghetto smoke shit like inverting a giant pan or pot over the grill and then filling the air gaps with wood, foil, or more bricks.

Sorry I really don't know shit but you may not get any other serious responses.
>>
File: 1690279021884207.jpg (96 KB, 1456x812)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>20636826
For the same amount of material and effort you can just make a smoker.
>>
>>20636826
>is such thing possible?
Absolutely! Making a smoker is easy peasy. All you need to do is capture the smoke from the fire and slowly let it out.

Using the exact setup in the image is easy. Just get one of those big foil pan and invert it over the grill. Poke a few little holes in the top, and add a handle. Boom, grill cover. Next you want to assemble your fire so it smoulders at a low temp and generates smoke. Now you have a smoker! Add a probe to the meat to watch temps. Stick a meat probe in the pan if you want to watch the air temp under the cover.

Want to be less cheap/ghetto? Get some stronger metal and bits from the hardware store.

You can even cold smoke if you capture the smoke in some dryer tubing and vent it into another box.
>>
>>20636841
Propane stoves are shit at smoking. You want a low temperature flame for smoke. You also want a relatively low oxygen environment.
>>
>>20636834
Don't do this though. The paint might be toxic.
>>
>>20636834
That is a file cabinet, but still funny.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.