[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Honey.-Maple-Ham-Steak2.jpg (112 KB, 1200x801)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
HAM STEAK!
>>
>>20677292
Where? Is it under that weird pink piece of paper?
>>
I'd rather have a fried ham steak than a beef steak
>>
>>20677293
You must be from bongland
>>
>>20677292
flintastek
>>
>>20677292
>Oil frying a ham steak
It's a really fatty cut that benefits from having lots of air touch it. Put it on the grill or a cut bake sheet.
>>
>>20678570
You gotta use canola oil to fry it because it will leak out the stickiest juices you can imagine.
>>
>>20678612
You want to catch that in a wide over safe pan that you've been baking soft veggies in like eggplants or broccoli.
Then you can save the gravy and the rest of a literal kilo of meat and mix a really good rice dish the next day.
>>
>>20678629
That's an idea. Or you can also do what I do which is fry bread in the juices like bacon and sausage. It's really good and a good way to get rid of bread you may have. But yeah, frying it in vegetables and things too is good I guess. I just don't bother the messy and time taking process of getting it out of the pan.
>>
>>20678629
>>20678646
I just put it on top of vegetables and bake them in the oven, tossing the vegetables when I turn the steak.
Then when I serve it up I use a slotted spoon to leave as much dripping behind to add a little bit of cornflour to make it into a gravy.

Fuck I love pork.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.