[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

They aren't sweet at all. Never trusting a recipe that says use 1/2 cup of oil again. They're not burnt, either, just flavorless soft bricks. What do I do with them?
>>
Is that what they look like? Post recipe.
I could see it being a good topping for ice cream or compressed into a base for cheesecake.
>>
>>20693283
This nigga furious he forgot to add the sugar
>>
Sprinkle some sugar on them
>>
>>20693285
This is the recipe, followed it to a T.

https://www.loveandlemons.com/brownies-recipe/

It looked just like the goop in her photos, but when baked it looked nothing like the after pictures. I followed her notes too.

>>20693298
2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of powdered sugar.............her notes says it's fine to take away the 1/2 cup.
>>
>>20693309
If you can't taste 3 cups of sugar I don't think the problem is with the brownies.
>>
>>20693309
Maybe you overbaked them? They should be a bit underdone looking when they come out, kind of like cookies.
>extra virgin olive oil
You may also just have been trolled by a bad recipe
>>
Looks like the recipe has a generous amount of sugar and salt, im surprised theyre "flavorless". Try sprinkling with extra salt and toasted nuts. Or top with frosting or plain yogurt. Thats what i did when i last made brownies and fucked up by forgetting to add half the usgar.
>>
Going to use these recipes
https://cafedelites.com/best-fudgy-cocoa-brownies/#recipe
https://cakesbymk.com/recipe/fudgy-brownies/#recipe
It makes sense to use hot butter and heat up the batter. Last brownie recipe I used had me cook it up.

>>20693312
I doubled the recipe. The normal recipe calls for 1 and 1/2 of sugar, I took out the remaining 1 cup of sugar from the doubled recipe, it shouldn't have effected it that much.

>>20693313
I tasted the batter before baking, it tastes exactly the same after baking. I had my suspicion in that moment, but it's just so weird for dump this much olive oil into brownies. I look at other recipes and it says just a few tablespoons of oil, not a half cup. I'm going to try the ones above, I don't think all this oil is the go-to at all.

>>20693315
I just think it was a bad recipe. I truly hate the comments section some times because someone should've pointed this shit out. Someone in the comments section wrote it was TOO SWEET after they doubled. Insane, there is no way. I've been psyoped.
>>
>>20693322
I would go for a recipe that uses only butter, olive oil in brownies sounds bad and vegetable oil doesn't really add anything
>>
>>20693283
Chocolate coat them.
>>
>>20693283
>1/2 cup of oil
Grotesque
>>
>>20693283
>detective
>https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV-Gw36YRhZvSi7pIUzEkFK1MxuhaZpt1pjQ&s
I read the thread. Is this pic your brownies? You see how there's a ton of holes and a shitty uneven surface? Your sugar was disrupted. This can be for many reasons, but pure oil isn't one of them; If you used pure olive oil, I doubt this is the reason why. Maybe post your ingredients list, or a pic of them.

You also say it's flavorless. Almost definitely this isn't the recipe's problem. The signs to me seem to point to that you fucked up the sugar.
If I'm gonna be honest, my bet might be that OP used cornstarch or something instead of powdered sugar. On the other hand, you prob got the granulated sugar right since some of the surface looks ok.

There is a chance that your eggs were too big. There was too much water in your recipe (cause she asks for water), and that could cause the surface. But that doesn't make em bland. I'm putting my money on cornstarch or wtv.
>>
>>20693309
Mix powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice and zest and spread it over the brownies if you want them sweeter
>>
I grew up on Duncan Hines brownies so everything else tastes lousy to me
>>
>>20693376
or you did the math wrong when you doubled, or used the wrong measuring cups
>>
>>20693376
>Is this pic your brownies?
No it's not, it's a random picture. There weren't any holes in my brownies.

>OP used cornstarch or something instead of powdered sugar.
Used 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of powdered sugar; author said taking out 1/2 cup of sugar was okay.

>There is a chance that your eggs were too big
Nope.
>There was too much water in your recipe
Nope.

>>20693389
If the author put metric weights I have my scale ready to measure everything. She put cups and tablespoons. Math was not wrong.
>>
>>20693393
What cocoa powder was used? I could see a strong tasting cocoa powder and dark chocolate combo masking the sweetness.
>>
>>20693450
Natural unsweetened cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips.
>>
>>20693283
>What do I do with them?
cram it up your ass
>>
>>20693283
frost them, dust some powdered sugar on top, eat one with some ice cream, I like this guy's >>20693285 idea of compressing it as a cheesecake base
>>
>>20693283
>>20693309
>2 fucking cups of sugar in total
>not sweet
Lose some weight you fat burger, normal people would put half a cup sugar total for that amount.
>>
>>20693283
There are so many shitty recipes on the internet. Its like soccer mums have their own little troll operation going on.
>>
>>20693813
Shut the fuck up. The recipe is garbage.

>>20693822
>>20693375
>>20693331
>>20693315
>>20693299
>>20693285
Thanks for the advice everyone. Even sprinkling sugar on it doesn't help. These brownies just taste like fucking oil and is so oily that it even covers up the flavor of the chocolate chips. I'm staying away from recipes that call for a whole HALF CUP of oil from now on. A few tablespoons are fine, but not this. It also said "vegetarian".

Threw them in the trash, learned my lesson.
>>
>>20693283
why would you use oil instead of butter
>>
>>20693309
It's never okay to take sugar away from any cake or cookie recipe, because sugar is not only a sweetener, it also affects the softenes and moistness of a baked good.

NEVER trust anyone who writes a recipe telling you you can remove sugar.
>>
>>20693283
Your first mistake was not just using a boxed mix.
>>
>>20693991
It's all fat in the end
>>
Why are there so many terrible brownie recipes out there? I think for most things you can easily pick something online that's very likely to be a good version of whatever you want to make, but with brownies it's like nearly everyone is giving their spin from the same cookbook How To Make Terrible Brownies, 2nd Edition.
>>
>>20693326
Vegetable oil adds early dimentia and cancer tho!
>>
>>20693940
a stick of butter is half a cup
>>
>>20693309
bro this person is using olive oil for brownies how tf did you think this would be a good recipe
>>
>>20693322
>The normal recipe calls for 1 and 1/2 of sugar, I took out the remaining 1 cup of sugar from the doubled recipe, it shouldn't have effected it that much.
>I changed the recipe and it came out bad, but it can't possibly be my fault.
>>
>>20693309
>her recipe for Boxed Mix Brownies, From Scratch caught my eye. Would I finally be able to make homemade brownies that would be just as delicious as the ones from a box?
why is every fucking recipe retarded blogs like this?
>>
>>20695426
Google algorithm likes it
>>
>>20693309
USE BUTTER

FUCKS SAKE, USE FUCKING BUTTER YOU STUPID AMERICAN CUNTS. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FUCKING MORONS USE OIL FOR BAKING, ITS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED.

FUCK OFF.
>>
>>20693309
Like I told ya in the comments. Sounds like a Skill Issue
>>
File: IMG_4895.png (96 KB, 503x458)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>20693322
>I doubled the recipe
Lemme guess. You didn't double the oven time?
>>
>>20693283
add the bits to ice cream or use as pie topping.
>>
Throw them at jews.
>>
>>20693940
>I'm staying away from recipes that call for a whole HALF CUP of oil from now on
To be honest, best outcome. You have to learn sometime but oil-based brownies suck ass. Go with milk-based brownies.
>>
cut them in half put them in a rectangular tupperware douze them with syrup top with custard and then top custard with whipped cream and make pic rel
>>
>>20693312
This. Maybe OP has that covid issue or something. He should get someone else to taste it - it might be that he can't taste the sugar

>>20693322
>tastes exactly the same
Bro what? Dude, not tasting 3 cups of sugar isn't normal. This is like guaranteed you screwing up your measurements or that your taste buds are broken (certain cancers...), which you really should check to make sure.
>>
>>20693283
Up the ass. All of em.

Put the brownies into your asshole.
>>
>>20693283
>following a recipe that uses oil instead of melted butter
ya fucking blew it
>>
>>20693283

Crumble them and enjoy them with some ice cream. At least they won't be overly sweet combined with the sweetness of the ice cream.
>>
>>20694024
I find most desserts sickeningly sweet and that you can remove about 25% of the sugar without affecting the texture much. Removing more than that starts making things too much like bread.
>>
>>20696211
It tastes like oil. I doubled the recipe so it had 1 cup of oil in it
>>
>>20696690
And if you used melted butter instead it still shouldn't matter. Pre-batter, it still should've been pretty sweet

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.