[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721640239188.jpg (79 KB, 689x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Not sure if this is the board for this but it has food in it so I guess it is?

An authentic KBBQ place popped up in my little backwater redneck dominated town. It's a mom and daughter thing and the food is really good. I showed up on the first week it opened too. Fast forward a couple of months and it's completely dead unsurprisingly. The food is still good but no one shows up. A few koreaboo friends of mine and I are their only consistent customers. Other than just eating out more which is sort of hard to do when you're as broke as me what can you do to keep this place alive? Mind you that other than a couple of shit tier restaurants here this place has no food culture whatsoever so I would like this place to continue existing thank you very much
>>
nope
F
>>
>>20693796
N-no... I refuse to believe..
>>
Nothing. Just keep going and enjoy it while it's there.
>>
File: 1715008863491780.jpg (87 KB, 680x680)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
OK but have you considered killing yourself?
>>
>>20693792
Just donate a few thousand every once in a while
>>
>>20693792
everything dies
>>
>>20693792
considering the information you gave us, they already doomed themselves by marketing a product to a market that has no demand for it. if I were to establish a joint, my first criteria is being able to cater to the local populace. back in the days without delivery service it should have been even rougher.
tldr: it's over bro
>>
>>20693792
Obviously, your only choice is to marry the daughter and start a Youtube reality show documenting your family/business struggles. If things get too bad, as a last resort, you could spray-paint some anti-Korean slurs outside to spark sympathy like those tunnel-diggers do. Imagine how #wholesome it would be to see the whole community come together to prove to the national media that they're not all racists.
>>
>>20694001
P.S. DM me for a convenient list of anti-Korean slurs.
>>
>>20693792
Yes, anything is possible if you care enough and are willing to spend enough time and effort on it, but I'm guessing you don't really care enough.

If you do, just do some elaborate marketing stunt.
>>
>>20693792
Just be a simp officially as it sounds like you already have that mentality. Give them like 60-70% of your income every month. Also, it's probably not even real kbbq. They must retarded for trying to open that shit up that's not in a city full of uncultured idiots like LA or NY.
>>
>>20694070
I'd appreciate if you could send me a check for 100k, or 200k if you can float it.
I'd really be able to bring down a principle on a mortgage with that and worry way less about market volatility for my income.
Thanks.
>>
>>20694001
This. You need to penetrate her vagina with your wee pecker. Then accentuate the differences in culture during the reality show
>>
>>20693792
How to help them? Usually word of mouth is enough. But, if you have a lot of subscribers to your own circle of friends on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, make a checking in live video and take food pics. It might lead to a few others doing the same. Where am I right now?

In general, I might try to help a local mom n pop by doing an extremely nice review. I will take really high quality photos on my phone or regular camera. Then I will post a very well written and proofed review, ticking off the best items you like to order there, which are done well, and why. Emphasize the spot-on authenticity or else good value, good mother-daughter customer service which is so personal and warm, post a menu pic previewing prices which is what I look up before going somewhere new, etc.

Post reviews on yelp and tripadvisor both. Some localities have familiar reviewers to also DM. Most new businesses only give it a year to make a profit and then when their lease is up, they give up.
>>
>>20693792
>>20694178
>word of mouth
>extremely nice review
Good advice, I believe this is the best you can do OP
>>
buy some fake reviews from pajeet
>>
ask if they have social media for their business, specifically tiktok and probably facebook/insta, and if they don’t offer to help them set one up and maybe make them marketing material idk gotta do a little unpaid labor if u love the place
appeal to zoomers and ur account can get huge and become an enshrined spot, like the ocky way deli. that place is kind of in the boonies for nyc but ppl come out for it

also word of mouth and suggest they advertise hosting fundraisers or corporate parties if the space allows, getting a lot of ppl in the door like that and serving them good food will keep them returning
>>
>>20693792
Does she Noa lot about managing a restaurant?
>>
Active zoomer-type social media is huge. Just like anything advertising needs to be consistent, you can’t just get going in a market that has no demand or is saturated without advertising somehow.
>>
>>20694178
>good review and photos
Completely agree with this excellent advice.

You could also try suggesting they add themselves to an online delivery site if they haven’t already, and if there’s a local college nearby they could leave menus and contact their student/alumni service about catering
>>
invite people outside of your group of friends.
organize some small events that the staff can handle as regular business.

one thing that's been getting butts in seats in a lot of places lately is hosting a burger week, where most of the restauraunts in town think up their own novelty burger to serve and invite the locals to come try them all.

although if your town literally has no dining culture then maybe having some local eateries contribute to a big potluck might be a better sell.

good luck! just lost my favorite chicken place and i am sad about it.
>>
>>20693792
Everyone is broke, numbnuts.

Why don't you work on subsidizing my life instead of theirs?
>>
>>20694204
sans undertable??
>>
>>20693792
You have to noa lot about advertising.
>>
>>20693792
>Is it possible to keep a restaurant alive?
Yes, but it requires knowing how to competently run a business. Making good food is not enough.
>>
Get their food catered for a work event.
>>
Restaurants are a tricky business. Even if they are "successful" they have a lifespan.
Maybe ask their daughter if she has onlyfan page already and explain you can arrange some photoshoots.
>>
just create anonymous accounts and advertise the restaurant on twitter
>>
Yes. Make a fake profile on tinder pretending to be a woman and set up the guys so they go to the restaurant.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.