[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just paid $175 including tip for this in Austin, Texas. How are these restaurants able to charge prices like this? Did I get ripped off?
>>
>>20695468
>Just paid $175 including tip for this in Austin, Texas. How are these restaurants able to charge prices like this?
Because retards pay those prices.
>Did I get ripped off?
No, you got the deal of a lifetime! Buckle up, buckaroo!
>>
>>20695468
I would pay 80 bucks max. Also that toast looks atricious, looks like wonderbread
>>
>>20695468
>Just paid $175 including tip for this
>How are these restaurants able to charge prices like this?
I don't know anon, why don't (you) tell me?
>>
>$175 for generic white bread and shitty roast beef covered in sugar with a side of baby puke
you did great anon don't worry about it
>>
File: $_57.jpg (696 KB, 1600x1353)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
I once paid $900 for a meal, but $870 of that was a tip, and a couple days later I called my bank to dispute the charges and get my money back.
Three weeks later I showed up again and left a cash tip on the table for the waitress. picrel
>>
>>20695471
thats not toasted, its bread, and cheap white bread specifically is a traditional side to southern bbq
>>
>>20695468
That's Austin for you. Full of Brooklynites. You should have gone to Big Texan Steak Ranch for a 72oz slab of meat. If you finish it in 1 hour, the meal is free! Freedom may not be free, but a 72oz steak is. Only in America.
>>
>>20695478
It's 3lbs of brisket, 1/2 rack of ribs, and a pint of potato salad

>>20695496
Everyone told me I should go to Franklin BBQ
>>
>>20695530
>Everyone told me I should go to Franklin BBQ
From their website

> Franklin Barbecue has been celebrated by everyone from Jimmy Kimmel to Anthony Bourdain to President Obama
Is on the board of
>LES DAMES D'ESCOFFIER IS A NONPROFIT DEDICATED TO PROMOTING THE WORK OF EXCEPTIONAL WOMEN WORKING IN THE CULINARY, BEVERAGE, AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRIES.
>The Austin chapter of LDEI was founded in 2003. We are comprised of a diverse group of women and we strive to be leaders in our respective fields.
Holy crap is there a guy in a back alley nearby somewhere with a pit full of coals, I think I'd rather go there instead
>>
>>20695530
Really sounds like you got ripped off a bit. Did you tip a bunch or something? That should only be like $100-125 in TX even for some primo shit.

Franklin is amazing, but between the cost and the having to wait in line for fucking hours to get a chance at it, it's not worth it. I dunno if they still do the book in advance thing, but then it's only mildly worth it.
>>
>>20695541
oh no did women existing trigger you again?
>>
>>20695481
Lol you dont even know what your talking about.
>>
>>20695541
I don't think I've seen a bigger red flag for a "Texas" bbq joint in my entire life
>>
>>20695468
Is that even potato salad? It looks like a mash with mustard added. I thought you at least had to have potato chunks to qualify as a potato salad.

Also, bbq joints get away with it because making bbq takes fucking ALL DAY. No one wants to put that much time in, hence they will pay for it. Plus the real cost of bbq is you need a smoker ($200+), a wood source ($5-20), and the meat itself ($80-100 for a brisket). So you are at least 300 deep to make your own, and then you have leftovers and shit.
>>
>>20695580
i live in texas retard
>>
>>20695644
Irony, the post.
>>
>>20695644
>i live in texas retard
talk about the pot calling the kettle a black
>>
>>20695636
I got a sous vide recently and did an entire brisket in it with liquid smoke and then finished it in the oven.
That took me about 30 hours total cook time, but almost zero effort and got it to around 70% of actual bbq.
The brisket cost me $115 CAD for just under 9kg from Costco which was on sale for $15 off. It's so fucking expensive to make good bbq.
>>
File: mexicolor.png (30 KB, 888x849)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>20695644
But you weren't born here Jose
Go back to Tamaulipas and eat your takis over there
>>
>>20695468
Should have gone to smokey mo's
>>
>>20695468
this is worth like $70
>>
>>20695575
Yeah. It happens every day now. Strange that this upsets you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.