[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pizza.jpg (122 KB, 1200x1200)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>want to make Pizza
>Finally the dough is ready, time to shape it
>Give up on making a normal pizza and just throw it on a cast iron pan instead.

I'm too impatient and have shit technique, I guess I'll just cope with pan pizza for the rest of my life, I can just throw the dough there and shape easily.
>>
>>20695554
Ok.
>>
deep pan pizza with delicious crunchy cheese where it touched the iron for crust hard mogs any sort of "normal" pizza made by shitalian or shitmericans
>>
>>20695554
>people without electricity and plumbing could do something you can't with infinite information at your fingertips
NGMI
>>
I suck at kneading dough, somehow it just never comes out right and just gets worse the more I work at it
>>
>>20695554
Pan pizza is unironically better. Eat shit tradition-fags
>>
File: images (25).jpg (9 KB, 500x281)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>20695855
Sounds like you knead more practice
>>
>>20695554
There's no reason not to shape it in a pan. In fact I advise doing it that way. You just have to adjust your recipe to have the right amount of dough for its size.
>>
>>20695554
can you do the same an a cast iron enamel pan? just throw it in the oven or what?
>>
>>20695554
Pan pizzas are superior anyways anon, my dough is always restaurant-tier quality and rises much quicker. You can also heat it on the stove a bit before serving to make sure the crust is crunchy but the dough is soft and chewy.
>>20696816
Any oven safe pan will do but preferably cast iron or carbon steel because it conducts heat a lot quicker. Enameled should work fine, just rub a smidge of olive oil around the pan before shaping your dough. If you tried with a nonstick pan the dough would be under/uncooked by the time the toppings are ready.
>>
File: pizza1-1-of-1-.jpg (254 KB, 1024x808)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
What's the issue? If you want to make circular pizzas you use a pan, preferably a pizza pan.
Otherwise if you don't mind odd shapes you can just make it without a pan.
>>
>>20695554
this is the best pizza you ungrateful buffoon
>>
>>20695855
It’s probably the temperature of the dough. The hotter it gets the worse it becomes.
You can try autolyzing instead if you’re not a big fan of kneading.
>>
>>20695997
Carlos...!

>>20695855
You can overwork the dough. Too much gluten development and it'll get tough and chewy.
>>
>>20695554
Pan pizza mogs pretty much all other normal pizzas, with exception to those really light and simple Italian pizzas.
>>
>>20695554
How do I relax my dough? Whenever I try to stretch it out into a circle it just recoils and I just say fuck it and use a rolling pin.
>>
File: IMG_1456.jpg (2.18 MB, 3024x3024)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
I always make my pizza in a cast iron skillet. Crust comes out better than it would on a stone.
>>
>>20697311
using bakers percentages, use 1% of yeast with the flour, COLD water, and salt. ferment overnight in the fridge. ~2-3 hours before you're ready to eat, take the dough out of the fridge and shape it into a tight ball. let it sit in the covered container at room temp for ~2-3 hours. then take it out, cover both sides very well with flour, and then shape it into a thin round pizza. you need the couple of hours to let the gluten relax so it doesn't fight you.
>>
>>20695855
you've probably been told to keep folding it over itself. eventually it starts ripping and you've basically ruined it. you just need to apply some force, not constantly fold it. watch some brian lagerstrom pizza videos on youtube.
>>
>>20695855
>>20695725
>>20695554
You guys just don't have the hands of the sun
Accept your fate

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.