[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721619865024506.png (19 KB, 570x538)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>Be 16 six years ago, with my parents in the living room
>"I'm really craving some Froot Loops, can you get some from the store?'
>My dad's face fills with contempt
>"Craving? What the fuck are you, and pregnant woman? Quit your bitching"

To this day whenever I catch myself wanting to buy the same junk food over the span of a few days, the self hatred and guilt wash over me. Was my dad right? Am I a pussy and a bitch for craving certain foods? What is your experience with cravings?
>>
>>20696075
People crave things all the time. That's silly.
That being said, what 16 year old can't secure their own Froot Loops? You probably had a learners permit and $10, you should've got it yourself
>>
>>20696075
Craving is not a male word anon.
>>
>>20696075
The only pussy thing is letting others opinions affect you. Do what you like and forcibly skullfuck anyone who tries to stop you.
>>
>>20696075
no, your dad abusing you isn't right and you shouldn't internalize what he said. everyone has cravings
>>
>>20696075
your dad was right. it'd be one thing if he was already going to the store, you asked like a pregnant woman for HIM to go. not "can we go"
>>
yeah your dad was right, stop being a bitch
>>
>>20696075
Based father, cringe son. Tale as old as time.
>>
Your dad wasn't wrong but as a 16 year old you should have disobeyed him on minor stuff like this. It's a part of growing up.
Only start listening to your fathers when you hit 20s
>>
>>20696075
Kill yourself, wojakposting faggot.
>>
>>20696078
>>20696357
He said 16 years ago, not 16 years old. Fucking ESLs I swear to God
>>
>>20696368
>be 16
>six years ago
>>
>>20696372
Carry on
>>
>>20696372
Y-you passed my test
>>
>>20696363
Awwwww seethe. Frogposting double now.
>>
>>20696075
You take the interaction too literally. He was just irritated because you were ordering him around like a servant. He nitpicked what you said to distract from his vulnerability and to power-trip.
>>
>>20696368
The absolute state of native English speakers
>>
>>20696372
She's probably in her 40s now.
>>
>>20696368
lmao
>>
Really? When I told my father I craved some cock he congratulated me on boldly expressing what I want like a true alpha.
>>
>>20696075
He must get upset at the Taco Bell Cravings Menu.
>>
>>20696075
How fat were you?
>>
>>20696451
Your dad seems smart, I'm sure you should listen to him.
>>
File: marcus-aurelius.png (96 KB, 400x348)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>20696075
Absolutely right. "Cravings" are but fleeting feelings, the folly assertions of control of a primitive body over the mind. The feeling is no different from other wild emotions such as lust or ire. Only women and children let emotions govern their life. A man should aspire to face these with stoicism, recognize them for what they truly are, and instead let his life be guided by higher principles such as temperance.
>>
>>20696075
>Was my dad right?
No
>Am I a pussy and a bitch for craving certain foods?
Yes
>What is your experience with cravings?
I suppress them unless they have medical significance, like a fucking adult.
>>
>>20696075
i share these opinions >>20696393 >>20696216
>>20696494
technically you are right but are you aware that you look a bit.. may i say... cringe?
>>
>>20696075
your dad sounds like an insecure faggot
>>
>>20696075
It's not normal for a man to say "That food is too heavy", "I'm craving this right now", "Omg i'm bloated". They are all obvious feminine sayings. Just like words such as "sLAy, Period!, Girl.., Yass". etc.
>>
>>20696368
You don't look like a cunt, honestly.
>>
>>20696075
Let's see

>Gluttony
guilty, for "craving" that sugary bullshit cereal at 16 years old when you should have been eating something nutritious as part of a balanced breakfast
>Sloth
guilty, for trying to make your dad go by himself to get you a box of cereal when you were 16 years old and can legally drive but you decided you'd rather be a lazy piece of shit and whine for him to do it instead, much like a sea captain dumping all crunchberries in his box and simply releasing that cereal to consumers anyway rather than rectify his mistake
>Greed
guilty, for your inherently intense and selfish desires and for not intending to share your cereal with anyone else, much like a leprechaun hoarding his marshmallows from famished children
>Lust
guilty, your intense and possibly even sexual desire for Loops overwhelmed you, like a cuckoo bird becoming mentally insane at the mere sight of Cocoa Puffs
>Wrath
guilty, you're still obsessing over your dad's response to this day, indicating you're holding a grudge, not unlike a rabbit attempting to steal a food that he is well aware is solely for kids out of sheer spite
>Pride
guilty, you thought yourself better than your elder for whatever reason and tried to get him to do something for you that you clearly thought wasn't worth your time because you think you're so grrrrrreat
>>
Your dad is insecure. I had a dad like that. He hates himself lol.
>>
>>20696075
nice abusive parents
>>
>>20697686
>You aren't allowed to be hungry and eat or it's a sin!
>You aren't allowed to be happy for yourself doing good or feeling good or it's a sin!
>You aren't allowed to sleep if you're tired or you're lazy and that's a sin!
>You aren't allowed to be angry as a good person at things that are obviously evil because that's a sin!
>You aren't allowed to dream of the things you would like to have or things you would like to improve upon because that's a sin!
>You aren't allowed to feel any emotions or feelings or feel any attraction to attractive adult women and just think "wow she is beautiful!" or that's a sin!
>You aren't allowed to want to take good care of yourself by making intelligent choices about who you give to or help so you don't give to fools who will waste your help while you become homeless and starve because that's a sin!

gluttony, pride, sloth, wrath, envy, lust, greed, ALL GUILT TRIP BULLSHIT.

Oh you swatted a mosquito? You ate a burger? guilty of murder then!
Oh you didn't honor your mother and father even though they're abusive and insane? You're a bad person then!

the 7 sins and the ten commandments ONLY hurt good people.
WHY?
I will explain:
bad people who have no guilt, no conscience:
>read about the 10 commandments or 7 sins and they don't give a fuck, and keep doing bad things

good people who are always trying their best and have a conscience:
>read about the 7 sins and the 10 commandments and then they feel really guilty all the time for no reason.

religion has no effect on evil people, but hurts GOOD PEOPLE ONLY, ALL THE TIME by damaging their mental health with never ending guilt trips and undeserved judgement.

>>20696075
OP it's important to remember that this hell we live in is called earth, and there are a LOT of evil jerks that live here. Don't feel bad about craving food, instead choose better choices like fruit. Your dad was wrong.
>>
>>20697702
Also God is real, but religion gives God a bad reputation.
>>
>>20697686
>>20697702
You are both faggots.

Cravings stem from a deficiency in your diet, or an addiction to certain things (like sugar). If you crave a salty food for example your body believes you need more salt. Think about things rationally and improve your diet.
>>
>>20697714
>Cravings stem from a deficiency in your diet, or an addiction to certain things (like sugar). If you crave a salty food for example your body believes you need more salt. Think about things rationally and improve your diet.

So, maybe, OP craved fruit loops, but may have been craving fruit instead? Vitamin C, fiber, vitamins, minerals, beta carotene, anti-oxidants?

>inb4 frooooooooooooooot baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad only eat lard and butter and organs
>>
Your dad sounds like an asshole
>>
>>20696494
Anon, you have to have moderation in all things - including moderation.
You shouldn't act on your cravings if they're for terrible food, but if you're craving a particular meal it's perfectly reasonable to cook that meal. Unless you're eating the exact same food everyday, your choice of food is never going to be based entirely on rational, objective factors, and that's okay.
>>
>>20696075
Doesn't sound like a problem unless you are fat. If you're fat you should be ashamed of eating junk because it will only make your problem worse.
>>
>Be 166 sixteen years ago, with my parents parents parents in the living room
>"I'm really craving some Frool Poops, can you get from from the sthom sta store store?'
>My dad's face fills with concrete
>"Craving? What the fuck are you, and pregananan? Bitch, you're quitting"
>>
>>20696075
Based dad
Set you straight
>>
Sometimes a craving is OK, but they can be avoided if you just have a go to cheat snack. For me it's almonds and dark chacolate raisins.
>>
>>20696368
>he has worse reading comprehension than an ESL
Kek stupid amerimutt
>>
>>20696075
you need to assert dominance over your dad now or forever be a cuck
>>
>>20697762
>My dad's face fills with concrete
holy fucking kek
>>
File: 1676054037730171.jpg (180 KB, 1599x999)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>20697686
>>Lust
>guilty, your intense and possibly even sexual desire for Loops overwhelmed you
>>
>>20697762
Lol
>>
>>20696393
Seconding
It would have been too weird and vulnerable to say “I feel unappreciated when you order me around like a spoiled brat” so he lashed out with something that sounded vaguely justifiable.
>>
>>20697686
fucking lmao
>>
>>20697686
>much like a sea captain dumping all crunchberries in his box and simply releasing that cereal to consumers anyway rather than rectify his mistake
10/10
>>
>>20697702
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>20696075
Is this what it's like not having any sort of self esteem?
>>
File: 1675621945016951.png (334 KB, 487x392)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>20696368
This was pretty good b8, all things considered.
>>
>>20696075
you should control your cravings but you shouldnt control it with shame as your father did
>>
>>20697686
you earned this (You)
>>
Your dad is right, you're a fucking faggot

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.