[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (2.34 MB, 900x1125)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
Fucking cock PENIS. PENIS. SHIT. ASS.
Anyone ever made a chicken fricassee? Also what does that even mean? What even is it? What is this shit? HELP!!!
>>
Is this the xD so randum thread
>>
>>20696146
You bet your mother's deceased ass it is fucker
>>
>>20696132
Fricassee or fricassée is a stew made with pieces of meat that have been browned in butter then served in a sauce flavored with the cooking stock
>>
>>20696153
Ah alright cool thanks.
>>
>>20696153
No, they have not been browned. Fricassee/blanquette are white ragouts.
>>
>>20696321
>Fricassee or fricassée /ˈfrJkəsiː/[1] is a stew made with pieces of meat that have been browned in butter then served in a sauce flavored with the cooking stock.[2] Fricassee is usually made with chicken, veal or rabbit, with variations limited only by what ingredients the cook has at hand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fricassee?useskin=vector
>>
>>20696153
that the first result that come up when you google fricasse means entirely different things in different parts of the world

france=beef/chicken stock ragout
greece=dill spring onions spinach letucce celery or even blitum based sauce finished with avgolemeno like mageiritsa
israel=same as greece but only with chicken tripe
usa=the original french from the middle ages with wine and eggs
>>
>>20696346
thats crazy because we're speaking in english right now
>>
File: IMGP3206.jpg (784 KB, 2048x1362)
784 KB
784 KB JPG
I made a shitty chicken chasseur with random leftover vedgies and it was delishes

I plan to make one with brined pock chops called "chubby chasseur" will post when I get around to it
>>
>>20696349
fricasse isnt an english word
>>
>>20696364
the fuck did you fricassee?
>>
>>20696362
Looks good anon :)
Félicitations
>>
>>20696324
Read further. Real fricassee/blanquette is kept white. Escoffier or Bocuse would rather say steam the meat in butter until it's stiff.
>>
It's what lazy redneck women who cannot cook make all the time. Hate that shit. You'd think chicken in gravy with rice would be hard to mess up, but it is possible.
>>
>>20696550
Escoffier was a bitch and a thief, brown your fucking meat Europe
>>
>>20696591
How can you write a post like this and not expect everyone to think you’re stupid?
>>
>>20696132
the only question is how deep you brown your floured pieces, and if you add cream/yolks to your braising liquid, or keep it stock/wine based. Herbs of your choice, seriously your entire choice, with or without onions or mushrooms, This is it. I've had latino fricasse with lots of pimento strips, too. Many people balance the acidity in this dish, and add lemon.
>>
>>20696591
Myriads of brown ragouts exist. There's no point in fucking up the few white ones. Just make something different instead.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.