[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Eating salmon makes me feel better than any other food in a way that makes me feel like I outright need it. Does anyone know why this might be?
>>
>>20696333
Healthy fats maybe. Most people don't get enough omega 3, salmon has a good amount of it.
>>
>>20696333
its because salmon is the single greatest food source this earth has ever produced, if you know anything about how they spawn you know this shit was high priority for them to bang out as many babies as possible beyond all odds to keep this beautiful world turning
>>
>>20696333
It is because of the fatty acids. Some people (me) have a slight issue with their brain chemistry, call if it a slight depression or something but eating a proper dosage of omega 3 really helps to balance this out.
It's also great for your joints if you lift weights and so on.
It's just one of the healthiest proteins you can eat on this planet.
>>
>>20696333
Nice dog whistle thread but meat is on the way out. I know you think it's unbearable to not eat flesh. But you won't have a choice soon. My family is Asian and we never eat meat. Stupid bitch pig.
>>
>>20696389
0/10 need better bait
>>
>>20696333
I think because it's meaty but not fatty or high calorie.
>>
>>20696389
cool story bro
>>
>>20696333
like everyone else is saying its the omega 3 content can give you a boost but certain aquatic species are a good source of amino acids, namely glycine, which can have mood elevating effects. It effects everyone differently but I will get a literal wave of euphoria after eating a can of sardines or oysters, try it some time.
>>
>>20696333
Not sure but I do love salmon and I get the same effect from Natto, I've been eating those fucking rotten beans like every day since I started. I make my own in bigass batches that last me about a month, ridiculously healing
>>
>>20696333
welcome to the concept of comfort food
>>
File: brunch.png (934 KB, 1024x753)
934 KB
934 KB PNG
>>20696333
You might have a vitamin b12 deficiency.
This is very common for people who eat a lot of sushi. They get a parasite (Diphyllobothrium latum) from the sushi, and the parasites consume all the b12 and make you crave more sushi.
>>
>>20698379
That's not comfort food, that's what healthy fresh food is like.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.